You didn’t plan on getting into an accident with a large truck. Now, you might face costly medical treatments, missed time from work, and other financial pressures – all while recovering from a serious condition. You don’t have to navigate this challenging time alone.
Kaine Law advocates for injured people in Prince George’s County. A College Park personal injury lawyer can review your case and fight for what you need.
We Proudly Serve Clients on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We don’t want you to worry about attorney’s fees. Kaine Law serves injured people on a contingency-fee basis – meaning they pay nothing out of pocket for our help.
How is this possible? First, we do everything possible to recover what you’re owed. Then, we take a percentage of your settlement check as payment for our help. You’ll know everything about our services and percentage before you sign anything.
We want to help people who need our assistance the most. You can learn more about our contingency-fee-based arrangements during your free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving College Park, call 404-214-2001
You Must File Your Case Within the Civil Statute of Limitations
All Georgia truck accident lawsuits must follow the statute of limitations established by O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. As such, you typically have up to two years to file a lawsuit if you were injured or lost a loved one.
Time is of the essence when filing lawsuits; filing your case after the standard two-year period could forfeit your right to damages.
A truck accident lawyer from Kaine Law can file your lawsuit within the appropriate deadline and fight for you in court. However, our team must learn about your situation as soon as possible.
College Park Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We’re Ready to Recover Each of Your Compensable Losses
Your recoverable injury-related damages may comprise:
Economic Damages (Your Financial Losses)
These damages cover your accumulated financial losses due to the crash. To determine what you need, we will assess your medical bills, employment records, and injury-related receipts.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, medical exams, surgeries, and other treatments and medications
- Auto repairs
- Wages you lost during your recovery period
- Funeral and burial costs (if you lost a loved one)
This is not an exhaustive list of what you can seek.
Non-Economic Damages (Losses Without Inherent Financial Values)
Non-economic damages serve as compensation for your non-financial losses. Examples include:
- Any disabilities or disfigurements caused by your injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health complications
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Non-economic damages are more complicated to estimate when compared to calculating economic damages. To determine what non-economic damages you can pursue, we will assess your mental health, overall situation, and injuries’ severity.
Click to contact our Truck Accidents lawyers today
How Our Truck Accident Team Serving College Park Is Ready To Help
We’re ready to pursue compensation for what you deserve by:
Determining Fault and Liability
Due to Georgia’s contributory negligence law (O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33), your settlement could be reduced if you share some fault for the truck accident.
To better understand this concept, consider this scenario:
- You were speeding home from work.
- A trucker fell asleep at the wheel and collided with your vehicle.
- Because you were speeding, you’re assigned 30 percent fault, and the trucker is assigned 70 percent fault.
- Your damages total $1 million.
- Because you caused 30 percent of the collision, you can recover $700,000 instead of the full $1 million.
Just because the insurance company blames you for the collision doesn’t mean it’s true. We will review your case’s evidence to determine who (or what) caused your accident.
Filing and Managing Your Insurance Claim
Once we have compiled enough evidence and calculated your damages, we will likely proceed with a liability claim against the trucking company’s insurer. Your lawyer will send your demand letter, manage all negotiations, and advocate for what you need.
We will also protect you from bad faith insurance practices, which are detailed under O.C.G.A. § 33-6-34. For example, if the insurer denies your claim without a valid reason why, we can determine the reason for its denial and act accordingly.
Filing Your Civil Lawsuit (If Necessary)
Our trial-ready lawyers are ready to pursue a civil lawsuit if:
- The trucking company didn’t have enough insurance to cover your losses.
- The insurance company refuses to extend a fair offer.
- You want to recover damages not covered by the liable insurer.
Filing a lawsuit involves taking witness statements, exchanging evidence with the other party’s lawyers, and crafting a strong defense strategy. You don’t have to worry about navigating the judicial system alone, however. Kaine Law is prepared to fight for what you need both in and out of the courtroom.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Listen to What Satisfied Clients Share About Kaine Law
Some of our previous clients have shared:
- Michael L: Kaine law was very [helpful] to my case. Great communication from the law firm and they made every step of my case smooth and easy for me.. I got something out of nothing; thank you Attorney Elizabeth Hennig, Tashun Livingston and the whole team.
- Steve L.: Evan and his team did an exceptional job with our family’s case. He will definitely fight for the best outcome and will always communicate in a timely manner. We will definitely use Evan and his firm again if needed!
- Charles I: I was involved in 2 no fault accidents, and the Kaine Law team handled my cases with professional care, and were very attentive to detail. Thanks to both the J.D.s, and a special thanks to Chris Meighan. Great job!
Start Working Toward a Settlement Today with Kaine Law
You have the right to seek restitution against the negligent party. Our truck accident lawyers serving College Park are ready to guide you through the claims process.
We are prepared to use our decades of experience in personal injury law to help you find justice and closure.