Bus accidents can lead to complex claims or lawsuits when they involve injuries or fatalities. If you or a loved one was injured in a bus accident, you can hire a College Park personal injury lawyer from our firm to manage your case and represent you throughout litigation while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Our team will keep you updated on any changes that might occur in your case, such as:
- Finding out whether there might be multiple parties holding liability for the accident, such as the bus company or the bus maintenance company
- Confirming whether the bus involved in the accident is owned by a private company or the local municipality
- Informing you that we were able to contact all parties involved in the accident if the collision resulted in a multi-vehicle pileup
Hiring a College Park bus accident lawyer from Kaine Law can relieve you of the legal burden of building your case. Our team works on a contingency-fee basis, so we have the incentive to be thorough when representing you and fighting for the financial recovery you need. You can learn more about how our team can help you in a free consultation when you call our firm.
Bus Accident Victims Can Qualify to Receive Compensatory Damages
Whether you were a passenger inside of the bus or an occupant of a vehicle that collided with one, you may have been vulnerable to severe injury. Injuries, both physical and emotional, can set a person back if they can’t work, pay bills, or even get up for the day.
If you or a loved one faced several financial and personal setbacks after a bus accident in College Park, our team wants to advocate for you. We want to hear about your case, then draft a demand letter to the appropriate party about your damages while petitioning for your right to recover those damages through financial compensation. For your case, we may pursue the following types of damages:
- Medical care costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Permanent disability and physical disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Domestic care costs
- Out-of-pocket costs, such as costs for rental vehicle
- Reduced quality of life
While these are some common examples of compensatory damages, they are not the only ones you may claim in your case. Additionally, if your family is filing a wrongful death action on behalf of a late loved one who passed away in a College Park bus accident, then they may pursue damages related to the decedent’s passing, such as funeral arrangement costs and medical debts passed down to the family.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accident lawyer serving College Park, call 404-214-2001
You Can Hire a College Park Bus Accident Lawyer to Manage Your Case
If you decide to work with an attorney from our firm, our team can step up to manage your case on your behalf and provide updates when necessary. While you focus on your recovery, we can:
- Organize a separate investigation into the bus accident to identify potentially liable parties, eyewitnesses, and key information about your case
- Read a copy of the crash report by the reporting law enforcement officer and compare their notes with our investigation
- Assist you in retrieving evidence for your case, which may involve documenting the accident scene, contacting witnesses who may provide testimony, and consulting expert witnesses who can provide analysis for your case
- Prepare legal paperwork on your behalf and submit documents within their respective deadlines
- Take calls and other communications for you to protect your case, meaning you can refer any insurance adjuster who calls you to us to handle that for you
- Meet with the opposing party outside of court to potentially negotiate a settlement deal
- Offer legal counsel to help you better understand what is happening with your case should you have questions or concerns
- Prepare your case argument for trial if necessary, in which case we will present your case to a judge and jury
Our team will call you with updates and new information comes forward. We will let you know whenever you need to provide information, statements, or permission during litigation. Additionally, if you would like to speak with our legal team about your case or decisions you must make, such as whether to move forward with a lawsuit, we will provide you contact information to get in touch with our team.
College Park Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia’s Statute of Limitations Doesn’t Give You Much Time to File—Don’t Delay
Processing the aftermath of a bus accident can be difficult, especially if it caused trauma in your life. However, with legal cases, there isn’t much time to determine whether you want to move forward with a lawsuit. It is crucial that you weigh the statute of limitations when navigating decisions about your case, as you may have limited time to take action.
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years from the date of the bus accident to submit a personal injury lawsuit about injuries related to it. However, if you are naming a municipality or another government agency as a liable party, then the statutory deadline for your case drastically cuts short to only six months from that accident date, per O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Click to contact our Bus Accident lawyers today
Call Kaine Law Today to Receive a Free Consultation with Our Team
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a bus accident in College Park, Georgia, you may qualify to pursue compensation. Our legal team at Kaine Law can review your case to see what legal options you have to demand compensation for the damages you suffered in Fulton or Clayton County.
Call our law firm today to get a free consultation with a member of our team. We can go into further detail about the services we’ll provide you as our client once you decide to hire a College Park bus accident lawyer from our firm to represent your case. Remember, when you’re in pain, you can call Kaine Law to step in and take care of your case.