The sooner you hire a truck accident attorney, the sooner we can get to work on your legal claim. While no law says that you must hire legal help, working with a lawyer could not only help you understand the value of your case but also help you avoid making the type of mistake that could put your recovery at risk.
We can ensure that your case is on track to comply with important laws and handle all negotiations with an insurer for you. We can also start gathering compelling evidence immediately after a crash.
The Value of Seeking Legal Advice Immediately
You may be considering the merits of handling your case yourself. However, truck accidents are far from simple cases, and delaying hiring an attorney could mean that you miss important deadlines for your case and overlook other legal details.
Complying with the Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations serves as the formal deadline for filing any lawsuit. If you file your case after the statute of limitations expires, you miss out on the opportunity to ever seek monetary compensation for your injuries in the future, per OCGA §9-3-33.
Given that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the average cost of a truck accident is more than $195,000, missing out on your chance for monetary compensation could be an enormous blow to your finances.
Building Strong Evidence for Your Case
The more time that passes after a truck crash, the more difficult it becomes to develop a strong case for liability. Investigating a truck accident can be challenging under the best circumstances, but waiting weeks or months to get started can only make things more difficult.
Building a strong injury case requires evidence. Some of the strongest evidence available comes from testimony from witnesses or copies of video recordings of the accident. The longer you wait to hire an attorney, the more difficult tracking down evidence might be.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Consider Legal Counsel if Your Case Is Especially Complicated
Any truck accident injury claim could benefit from the guidance of an attorney. However, some truck accident cases can be especially complicated—and you may not want to be on your own in handling such complex claims.
Situations in which you may be appreciative of an attorney’s immediate guidance include:
- Contested litigation. It is one thing to try and negotiate a settlement with the insurance company on your own. It is another to serve as your own lawyer during a jury trial. We don’t advise moving forward without an attorney for contested cases that are likely to go to trial.
- Severe injuries. While any truck accident injury claim is important, these cases can get especially complicated. These claims are generally worth far more and could involve extensive litigation.
- Negotiated settlements. If you try to negotiate a settlement with the truck driver’s attorney, you could face a difficult battle. Your own attorney could even the playing field during these negotiations.
- Multiple p Resolving a truck accident is rarely simple. These claims only become more complex when there are other drivers involved. If your truck accident involved multiple motorists, settling your case without the help of an attorney could be difficult.
What to Look for in a Truck Attorney
Hiring an attorney for your truck accident injury claim is about more than just making a quick decision.
Some of the factors to look for when hiring an attorney include:
- Experience in the practice area. You can benefit not only from an attorney with experience but also from an attorney with experience relevant to your case.
- Dedication to your case. Some attorneys are available to take your questions 24/7, will keep you constantly in the loop, and work hard to seek the best results for you. If communication and dedication to your case are important, seek a firm that has a reputation for excellent client service.
- Location. An attorney that is located near you is likely to be the most convenient option. However, you should also consider legal counsel with experience pursuing claims in the same area where your accident occurred. This knowledge of the local court system could be valuable.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Could Help You Recover Compensation
Following a truck accident, you should consider getting an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney from our team could not only protect your right to pursue a claim but also guide you through every step of the claims process. We will:
- Investigate your case
- Assess the potential value of your case and damages you qualify for
- Determine who is liable for your losses
- Communicate with insurers and negotiate a settlement for you
- Take your case to court, if you aren’t offered a fair settlement
- Handle all the paperwork of a claim or lawsuit for you
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Kaine Law Today for a Free Case Review
If you have questions about how an attorney could help your case, the team at Kaine Law has the answers. We bring multiple decades of experience that we will use in pursuit of results for you.
We can take your call any time, day or night. To get started, call for your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.