Whether you were in a multi-car accident with a semi on I-575 or had to swerve off the road when a big rig veered into your lane, a truck accident can be a traumatic experience. If you or your loved one was involved in a truck accident, you may be thinking about who is responsible and how much money they should pay. You’ll also want to know your rights so you can protect yourself and your family.
A Marietta truck accident lawyer from Kaine Law can help you with the recovery options after being hurt by negligent drivers of 18-wheelers and other large trucks. Our legal representation won’t cost you anything upfront, since we only get paid based on results. You can have our attorneys by your side through every step of your injury case.
Damages You Can Recover After a Truck Accident in Georgia
You may be able to collect several types of damages after your accident. The amount of these damages will vary depending on the severity of your injury, how much damage was done, and the liable party’s identity.
These damages include:
Economic damages typically refer to financial losses that result from an accident, such as:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages are for the less tangible challenges that resulted from your truck accident.
This compensation may address the pain and suffering you endured because of your injuries, as well as any major scarring or disfigurement you experience.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages.
These damages can offer your family compensation for the economic or non-economic losses related to your loved one’s passing, such as for funeral costs or your family’s future income losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Marietta, call 404-214-2001
Compensation Is Available for Long-Term Medical Care After a Truck Accident
You may be dealing with catastrophic injuries after a truck accident. These injuries can change your life, your ability to work, and they can leave you with long-term medical care needs. You may need help with payments for past, present, and future injury-related expenses.
If you’re facing serious injuries after your accident, our injury lawyers will help you seek all the compensation you need to heal from:
- Disfigurement and amputations
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord damage/ injuries
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and abrasions
Marietta Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Kaine Law Can Help in Your Marietta Truck Accident Case
Our lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies, so you can rest assured that we have your best interests in mind. We will:
- Work to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries and other damages
- Demonstrate the liable party’s negligence
- Use our understanding of personal injury law to seek your best results
- Pursue an out-of-court settlement or a lawsuit
- Help you comply with important deadlines, such as O.C.G.A § 9-3-33
We take pride in the personalized service that we provide to every client that comes into our office. We will keep you updated on your case and be available when you have questions.
Hiring a law firm can save you time and hassle down the road. It can help you focus on your recovery while our lawyers work on the legal aspects of your case.
Click to contact our Truck Accidents lawyers today
Forms of Driver Negligence That May Have Caused Your Truck Accident in Georgia
When we bring your case for compensation, we will need to show that the truck driver or another party was negligent.
Your truck accident may have been caused by the following forms of negligence:
- Distracted driving: Any distraction can be dangerous, but it’s especially problematic when someone is operating a large vehicle. Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from driving could be evidence of negligence.
- Truck driver fatigue: It’s important for drivers to get enough sleep to operate their vehicle safely. Even if they are only driving during daylight hours, long periods without rest can lead to significant impairment.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving can mean speeding, running red lights and stop signs, making illegal turns, disregarding traffic signals, and making unsafe lane changes.
- Failure to adjust to conditions: Weather and road conditions can be a major factor in truck accidents. Fog reduces visibility, and slick or icy roads mean that the truck will not be able to stop as quickly. Drivers should adjust their speeds and drive with caution during adverse conditions.
If a truck driver demonstrated these forms of negligence, we can gather evidence to prove that they are responsible for your crash.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Attorneys Can Help You with Complicated Truck Accidents in Marietta, GA
Whether your truck accident involved driver-related errors, vehicle malfunctions, or multiple liable parties, we can help.
Our attorneys can get to work on even the most complicated semi-truck accident cases, including:
- Head-on truck collisions: These typically take place on local roads where both vehicles are traveling in the opposite direction. This is especially hazardous since the forces involved with a head-on crash can lead to major or fatal injuries.
- Jackknife or stability events: These are caused by the tractor-trailer losing control (perhaps due to driver error). If this happens, it’s possible that the truck will flip onto its side and slide into other vehicles. If you’re involved in a jackknife accident, your injuries could be very severe.
- Loose cargo or improper loading: It’s possible that your accident with a truck was caused because a cargo loading company did not properly load the truck bed. Similarly, other loading or weight regulations may have been violated.
- Vehicle failure: Tires that are under-inflated or have no tread can cause the vehicle to swerve into another lane of traffic, causing an accident with another driver. Also, mechanical problems such as faulty brakes and suspension can prevent a vehicle from stopping properly and avoid hitting another car or object on the side of the road.
We will work to identify the causes of your crash and the appropriate liable party or parties in your case. Then, we will seek fair compensation from anyone who was responsible for your crash.
Our Marietta Truck Accident Lawyers Can Fight for You – Call for Free to Learn How
If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Marietta, call Kaine Law. We’ll help you get through this difficult time and work hard to seek justice for you and your family.