Things to consider before a car accident lawsuit in Atlanta include:
- What the monetary value of your damages are
- Your own financial situation
- Whether an insurance claim could cover your losses
- Which attorney to hire
- What fee structure your attorney offers
A car accident attorney will consider every relevant detail of your case. They will explain whether a car accident lawsuit makes sense for you.
What does a Car Accident Lawsuit Entail?
Anyone who brings a car accident lawsuit should understand what they’re in for. Though your attorney will handle some of these steps, it never hurts to be informed. The steps in a car accident lawsuit generally include:
Hiring an Attorney
If you’re going to bring a lawsuit, your first step should be hiring an experienced attorney. You may rely on a car accident lawyer because:
- You have no legal experience
- You’re focused on recovery
- You value a lawyer’s experience, training, and record of winning
- You fear that dealing with a legal case could harm your health
- You know that one wrong step could hurt your chances of a financial recovery
Insurance companies and other attorneys aren’t on your side. They may try to take advantage of you. When you hire our firm, we protect you from harm, including violations of your rights.
Documenting Your Injuries
Injuries are a major consideration in Atlanta car accident lawsuits. Before we negotiate compensation, we’ll obtain vital details of your injuries. These details may include:
- The specific injuries you’ve suffered
- The severity of your injuries
- What forms of treatment you’ll require
- Your likely recovery period
- How much your medical care will cost
We may obtain testimony from your doctor. We’ll gather direct evidence of your injuries and treatment, like X-rays, medical bills, and doctors’ assessments.
Gathering Evidence From Your Accident
We’ll build your case with evidence from your accident. We may visit the accident scene if possible. Useful evidence may include photographs, witness accounts, video footage, and the police report from your collision.
Calculating your losses
We’ll identify the monetary cost of not only medical care, but every damage you’ve experienced—and may experience in the future. Our firm understands accepted calculation methods. These methods can be complicated and getting them wrong may be costly. Our team will get it right.
Negotiating a Settlement
Our lawyers negotiate tirelessly for our clients. We stand behind our calculation of damages. We will not settle for any amount that is less than you deserve. If defendants won’t settle for a fair amount, we’ll go to trial.
Completing a Trial
Trials are not always necessary for car accident victims. When they are, victims should have an experienced attorney on their side. Trials can present many unexpected challenges, and prior experience is invaluable.
Our firm has secured many results for clients – both in negotiations and at trial. We’ll fight hard for you regardless of how your case unfolds.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
How Can You Find a Qualified Lawyer for Your Case?
Car accident victims can find a personal injury attorney by:
- Hiring an attorney that they’ve used in the past
- Asking friends, family, or colleagues for references
- Searching the internet for attorneys serving Atlanta
- Calling attorneys they see on billboards, the radio, or other media
Where you find a lawyer is not as important as the lawyer’s credentials.
What Criteria Should You Seek in a Car Accident Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer should have a record of success. Their client testimonials should be positive. Your lawyer should also:
- Prioritize car accidents as a practice area
- Be able to explain how they’ll handle your case
- Be willing to expend resources to win your case
- Make themselves available to you throughout your case
- Make you feel confident that they’re the right attorney for your specific case
Hiring a car accident lawyer is a personal decision. When in doubt, you can choose our team to lead your case.
What Are Recoverable Losses in an Atlanta Car Accident Lawsuit?
Car accident victims in Atlanta may recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Temporary transportation
- Vehicle repairs
- Damaged property
- Lost income and earning power
Non-economic damages are not easy to measure in dollars but have monetary value nonetheless. These intangible damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
You may also have damages from a wrongful death if a family member lost their life in a car accident. You may be eligible to collect compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and more. We will advocate for you or your loved one and ensure you are compensated adequately for this preventable accident and the damages that came of it.
No Two Car Accident Cases are Alike
Every car accident victim has a unique set of losses. We’ll take the necessary steps to identify all your damages. You may receive coverage for existing and future damages.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Call Kaine Law Today to Discuss Your Fulton County Car Accident Case
Kaine Law’s attorneys have multiple decades of experience. We’ll handle all upfront costs, and you’ll pay us nothing unless we win your case. Call Kaine Law today at (404) 214-2001 for a FREE consultation. There are no risks or obligations.
Don’t hesitate to call our team. O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 generally allows you to file a personal injury claim within two years of your car accident. There are exceptions to this deadline. If you wait too long, though, the deadline for your case may pass. You don’t want to miss out on collecting compensation you deserve.