The average settlement for an Uber car accident is not easily calculated. However, this figure is not generally relevant to specific Uber accident victims. You may receive compensation regardless of other case outcomes.
Why Are Average Settlement Figures Not Generally Relevant?
The outcomes of other cases have no bearing on yours. Your case is unique in that:
- Your accident happened under specific circumstances.
- Liability for your case is not affected by other cases.
- You have unique losses.
No other victim’s case outcome can affect yours. There are no legal precedents, and your lawyer must make a convincing argument for yourcase – no one else’s.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Can You Obtain a Settlement for an Uber Car Accident?
You may be able to. A lawyer can handle this pursuit of awards for you. There are a few possibilities for how your lawyer may settle your case, including:
A Settlement with Insurance Companies
Every Uber driver must have active auto insurance with adequate coverage limits. The at-fault driver’s insurance may cover your losses.
If the driver does not have adequate insurance coverage, Uber’s policy may cover your losses. Per Uber, once a driver taps “Go” on their app, the company provides third-party coverage of at least $1 million. This covers:
- Your injuries and medical care
- Damage to your vehicle and personal property
Our team will handle settlement talks with the driver’s insurance company, Uber’s insurance company, or both.
A Pre-Trial Settlement
Uber’s coverage limits are high enough that, if the driver qualifies, those limits may cover your losses. However, several circumstances could make the driver ineligible for Uber’s coverage.
Uber may not provide insurance coverage if:
- The driver did not hit the “Go” button before striking you.
- The driver accidentally closed the app while driving.
- The app malfunctions.
- Uber denies responsibility for the driver’s negligence.
If insurance does not cover your losses, we may file a lawsuit. We may simply make our intent to file a lawsuit clear, at which time we may negotiate a settlement.
If we cannot settle your case, we remain open to a trial. This process may generally take longer than settling but could result in compensation for you.
What Types of Uber Accidents Entitle You to Compensation?
The specific types of Uber accidents that may entitle you to compensation are:
- An accident in which an Uber driver strikes the vehicle or motorcycle that you are driving
- An accident in which an Uber driver strikes the vehicle or motorcycle in which you are a passenger
- A collision where an Uber driver strikes you while you are walking, riding a bicycle, or riding a scooter
- An accident in which an Uber driver whose vehicle you are riding in causes a collision
Other Uber-related collisions could entitle you to compensation. Our team will review your case to determine if you deserve compensation.
What Losses Can You Receive Awards for?
Just as we cannot tell you the average settlement for an Uber car accident, we cannot tell you what losses you will receive coverage for. This is simply because we do not know what your losses are yet.
Several potential losses that may entitle you to compensation, such as:
- Emergency transportation from the accident scene
- Emergency department care
- Doctors appointments
- Vehicle repairs
- Damaged personal property
- Lost wages
- Lost earning power
- Pain and suffering
You may receive compensation for the economic and non-economic costs of these losses.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Should You Hire a Lawyer for an Uber Car Accident?
Insurance issues for such accidents may be particularly complex. A lawyer from our firm can handle your insurance claim. We can also handle any lawsuit you choose to file.
You may hire a lawyer because:
- You do not have legal experience.
- You would rather focus on your recovery than deal with a claim or lawsuit.
- You want a lawyer to protect your rights.
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that most civil cases settle before reaching a trial. Our team may negotiate a resolution to your case. Even if we must take your case to trial, we will handle every step of that process.
What Will You Have to Pay for a Lawyer?
You will not have to pay our firm anything unless we win for you. Our team works for contingency fees, which entitles us to a portion of your judgment or settlement. If there is no judgment or settlement, we receive no compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Kaine Law for More Details
We offer free, no-obligation consultations at all hours. Call us as soon as you can. We will review your case, answer your questions, and begin the claims or legal process.
Call Kain Law today at (404) 214-2001 for your free consultation. Do not delay. We may have a limited period to file your case.