You may be eligible to take legal action after your child is injured in an Atlanta pedestrian accident. This might include a settlement or lawsuit.
Depending on which option you choose, you may be able to recover compensation that addresses your child’s medical expenses, psychological suffering, and long-term disabilities.
Potential Compensation Available
If your child was injured in an Atlanta pedestrian accident, you may qualify for:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
Additional forms of damages may apply, especially if you had to take time off work to tend to your injured child. A lawyer with our firm can help you calculate what fair compensation would look like in your case and fight to hold the liable parties responsible for their actions.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Considering Your Next Steps After a Pedestrian Accident
Before you do anything else, you should call 911 immediately. Law enforcement officers will arrive to help secure the scene to make sure nobody else gets hurt. Most importantly, the dispatcher can get you the medical services you need in a timely manner.
Once everyone is out of harm’s way, you should obtain the driver’s insurance information so you can begin the claims process. Here are some other steps to consider during the immediate aftermath of your pedestrian accident:
- Begin documenting the accident scene: The simplest way to do this is by taking videos and pictures of the accident scene with your cell phone (if possible). Do your best to document the surrounding area, property damage, weather conditions, and other factors that may have led to the accident.
- Gather contact information from any eyewitnesses: If your case ends up going to trial during your fight for compensation, these witnesses can help reveal the truth behind who was responsible for your accident.
- Ask for a copy of the police report: This document may be useful moving forward with any lawsuit or insurance claim.
- Contact the liable party’s insurance company: You do not want to wait too long to contact the insurance company. The longer you wait, the more likely they are to contest your injuries.
- Consider working with a pedestrian accident lawyer at our firm: Your attorney may advise you to refrain from making any further statements about your accident until you understand the legal ramifications of the incident and how they may affect your potential case.
If you skipped any of these steps after your accident, do not panic. An Atlanta lawyer on our team will be happy to review your pedestrian accident case and educate you about your legal options moving forward.
Be Aware of the Other Party’s Insurance Company
Soon after your child’s injury, you may receive a call from the other party’s insurance adjuster. They may be calling to get your side of the story or to offer you a settlement.
We recommend directing all communication to us. This ensures you do not accept a settlement without knowing what your case is worth and also keeps you from saying anything that might jeopardize your case.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Important Deadlines for Taking Legal Action After a Pedestrian Accident
Georgia’s statute of limitations on personal injury cases is detailed under OCGA §9-3-33. In most instances, you have two years to file a lawsuit after your pedestrian accident occurs. However, if your accident was caused by a government employee, the statute of limitations on your case may range from six months to a year, depending on whether you want to take action against a city, county, or state-run organization.
If you have further questions about what specific statute applies to your case, our pedestrian accident lawyer will be happy to assist you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Fighting for Victims of All Ages
If you are wondering about your legal options after your child is injured in an Atlanta pedestrian accident, our legal team at Kaine Law will be happy to help you plan your next move.
Our team of personal injury attorneys has proudly served victims of pedestrian accidents all over the State of Georgia. Depending on your specific goals, we can assist you with virtually every aspect of your case, from start to finish.
Some of our most popular services include:
- Settlement negotiations
- Proving liability
- Communicating with people on your behalf
- Reviewing laws
- Gathering evidence
- Going over insurance policies
- Filing insurance claims
- Civil litigation
- Determining case values
Call Kaine Law for Help Today
With our attorneys by your side, you may find a sense of comfort moving forward with your case. Your attorney can work to assign an appropriate value to your child’s accident, gather evidence to prove liability, negotiate settlements, and more.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we do not charge any upfront fees to get started with your case. To learn more about our pedestrian accident services at Kaine Law, contact a representative today to get started with your free consultation.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form