Every year, millions of people brave the roads to visit family and friends for the holidays. No matter what direction is taken, there is always an increased risk for an accident with the number of vehicles on the road.
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, the 2013 holiday travel season had nearly 44,000 crashes that resulted in 160 deaths. In addition, over 1/3 of people killed in holiday travel were under the influence of alcohol. Unfortunately, while we can take precautions to keep ourselves and loved ones safe, the negligence of others can cause serious injuries and loss.
Before you get on the road, follow some of these precautions during this busy holiday season:
1. Check your vehicle! It is important to check your tire pressure and that your battery and brakes are properly working.
2. Be fully rested! Holiday travel can involve long hours so make sure you are paying attention to the road. If you are lacking on your zzzzz’s you are placing everyone at risk on the road–including yourself.
3. Follow the rules of the road! Do not speed—even if you are late to your Grandmother’s Christmas dinner. Avoid changing lanes.
4. Wear Your Seatbelt—-there is no excuse!
5. Be Attentive! Do not let texting or the movies in the back seat distract you from keeping your family safe.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
If you or a family member has been injured during a car accident, please contact us immediately. We will investigate the circumstances of your accident and work diligently to receive the maximum compensation for your injuries. From all of us at Kaine Law, we wish you and your family a very safe holiday season.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form