Safety Tips for the Fourth of July
Strike up the band! Enjoy the parade! Sport your Red, White and Blue! Get ready to enjoy the festivities, fun and patriotism of the Fourth of July!
At Kaine Law we are truly grateful for all our men and women who serve our country. Just like you, we are excited for a long weekend to celebrate our country’s independence. As we all get ready to celebrate, we want to first touch on some simple safety tips for 4th of July.
- Don’t ever use fireworks if they are illegal in your community.
- If or when you use fireworks, make sure that there is adult supervision. Never allow children to play with or light fireworks. Sparklers alone account for 25% of emergency room fireworks injuries.
- Always have a bucket of water or hose nearby in case of a fire or malfunction.
- Never relight a firework that has malfunctioned! Douse and soak them with water then discard them immediately.
- Never place and set off fireworks in a container, especially glass or metal.
- Make sure your grill is away from your home, deck and branches when grilling.
- Before lighting your grill, make sure the lid is open.
- Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below your gas or propane grill so it cannot be ignited.
- Declare a three-foot “kid and pet-free zone” around the grill to keep them safe.
- If you are near a swimming pool or body of water, never leave children unattended.
- Swim sober.
- If you are on a boat or other water vessel, make sure every passenger is wearing a life vest.
- Operate a vehicle, boat, motorcycle, etc. sober.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Please keep these tips in mind so that you and your loved ones have a safe holiday. Whether or not you’re on the lake or staying in your own backyard, these safety tips are critical to prevent injury or death. From all of us at Kaine Law, we wish you a wonderful, safe and happy Fourth of July!