If you’re reading this, you or a loved one have suffered harm due to negligence in College Park, Georgia. In that situation, you have many legal options when it comes to recovering what you deserve. With Kaine Law on your side, you don’t have to worry about the legal process.
Our team will identify the liable party, calculate what you deserve, and pursue what you need. A College Park personal injury lawyer is ready to start championing your rights now. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews.
Kaine Law’s Personal Injury Practice Areas
Many different types of accidents in College Park can lead to injuries that entitle you to compensation. Our personal injury lawyers are passionate about helping injured clients recover damages for what they deserve.
Some of Kaine Law’s practice areas include:
- Automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites and attacks
- Premises liability incidents, such as slips and falls
- Golf cart accidents
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Product liability
- On-the-job accidents
Review your accident and its impact on your life with one of our personal injury team members to learn more about your legal options.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving College Park, call 404-214-2001
Each Personal Injury Case Comes with a Filing Deadline in Georgia
Your personal injury lawsuit in Georgia generally has a two-year statute of limitations, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. The statute of limitations can fluctuate according to the age of the injured victim and many other factors.
If recovering damages for your accidental injury involves a government or municipal agency, you generally have six months to pursue damages, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Missing the Statutory Deadline Could Eliminate Your Right to Damages
Even if your deadline comes with certain extensions, it must be complied with. You face the following consequences if you don’t file your case within its allotted period:
- You would be unable to file your lawsuit in court.
- The courts would refuse to hear your case.
- You would have few options for recovering damages.
- You might have to pay for your injury-related losses on your own.
When you notify our team early enough, we will correctly interpret the statute of limitations and ensure it is accurately applied to your case. That means you can rest assured you will not run out of time to seek the financial damages you are entitled to.
College Park Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We’re Ready to Seek These Damages After Your Accident in College Park, GA
The damages you are entitled to secure depend on your situation. Yet, while you recover from your condition, you might not have time to manage a legal case on your own.
With our team on your side, we will seek a settlement or court award that accounts for your:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future loss of income
- Property damage, loss, or diminished value
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional trauma
- Physical impairments and disfigurement
- Wrongful death-related damages, such as funeral and burial expenses
Every personal injury case is unique and will have its own set of recoverable damages. A good way to understand yours is to let one of our team members track and calculate your losses. That way, we can pursue an award that accounts for each of your losses.
Click to contact our Personal Injury lawyers today
How We Protect Your Ability to Recover Damages
After an accidental injury in College Park, the at-fault party and their insurer will not readily compensate you without proof of negligence. Even with supporting evidence, the insurance company may:
- Deny your claim
- Undervalue your losses
- Refuse to acknowledge your claim
- Blame you for what happened
This last tactic can be costly because O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33, Georgia’s contributory negligence law, could significantly decrease your financial award or prevent you from receiving one altogether. For instance, if you’re found to have caused 20 percent of your accident, this would reduce your settlement by that percentage.
With our multiple decades of experience, our personal injury team will help you prove where liability lies for your accident and fight for the compensation you are entitled to. We never stop fighting for the compensation you deserve so you can start putting your life back together.
We Will Prove That Another Party’s Negligence Harmed You
Property owners, pet owners, motorists, and ordinary citizens owe each other (and the general public) a duty of care. That means property owners must shovel snowy or icy steps, pet owners must leash and control their animals, and drivers must obey the rules of the road.
When we represent you, we prove the following components of negligence that entitle you to compensation:
- Duty of care – another party had an obligation to act with prudence
- Breach of duty – another party acted carelessly or recklessly
- Causation – another party’s actions caused your accident
- Damages – your accident caused you to incur financial losses
We collect evidence that proves these elements. We also collect additional evidence that proves the financial value of your recoverable damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reviews from Previous Personal Injury Clients
- Rave Diva: Kaine Law was perfect in every sense. They got me the most possible settlement for my case while making sure the process was painless for me… if you’re looking for a lawyer that has your best interest at heart, look no further. Go with them!
- Michael Watkins: My experience with Kaine Law was very pleasant…one thing I loved about Kaine Law is they truly handle everything for you, they won’t have you running around doing any leg work. You literally sign up and sit back and they will take care of everything.
We treat every case and every client like a priority. You can trust that we’ll do everything possible to seek what you need.
An Evaluation of Your Case Is Always Free
If you suffered injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in College Park, our personal injury lawyers will fight for financial compensation. Find out how hard we work to recover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact one of our case evaluation team members at Kaine Law today.