A truck accident can change your physical appearance and ability. It can also change the life of a loved one or lead to the loss of a family member. If you or someone you love was injured in a recent collision, our Duluth semi-truck accident lawyer can help.
At Kaine Law, our entire law firm gets behind your fight for your truck accident damages. We will demand compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, and more. We can take on the negligent party and their insurance company. We will review your case at no cost or obligation, clarify your rights, and explain the steps we will take on your behalf.
Track the Costs of Treating Your Truck Accident Injuries
Commonly reported truck accident injuries can include head, brain, neck, back, and shoulder injuries. The difference in vehicle sizes means you could also sustain facial injuries, broken and fractured limbs, and limb loss. Medical and rehabilitative care for your injuries can be recovered.
Our Duluth truck accident lawyer will demand coverage of your current and future medical expenses, which can include emergency room fees, hospital admissions, and assistive medical devices. You can also recover the costs of treatment-related travel. We will obtain your medical records and bills from every healthcare facility that treated you throughout your recovery.
Our Case Assessment Team Will Document Additional Damages
Our semi-truck accident attorney will also demand compensation for a range of intangible damages. We will collect tangible evidence that substantiates the monetary value of the following non-economic damages:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We also request wrongful death damages for Duluth families after a fatal semi-truck accident. The at-fault party can be compelled to cover the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial and your family’s loss of their financial and familial input.
For a free legal consultation with a semi truck accident lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
Evidence Will Prove the Cause and Cost of Your Duluth Semi-Truck Accident
Much of the evidence in your truck accident case can be easily obtained, though doing so can be time-consuming. Our legal team will handle this for you by requesting the following evidence on your behalf:
- Accident report
- Medical records
- Written prognosis
- Employment records
- Photos and videos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
We also compile evidence you might have a hard time collecting on your own. We will consult an accident reconstructionist and request the truck driver’s logbook and hours-of-service records.
When we build your case file, we use the evidence it contains to steer your case toward a settlement rather than a trial. Our goal is to build a strong case file and achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Understand Georgia’s Statute of Limitations on Truck Accidents
Like every state in the U.S., Georgia limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after a semi-truck accident. Accordingly:
- If you or a loved one suffered injuries in the accident, you generally have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
- Per the same statute, if your family lost a loved one in the accident, you generally have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
- If a government or municipal agency could be responsible for compensating you, you generally have six months to file a claim, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Filing your lawsuit too late could prevent you from recovering damages at all. The sooner you inform one of our team members of your accident and potential financial recovery, the more time we have to meet the required filing deadline.
Duluth Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
The Benefits of Hiring Our Truck Accident Attorney to Fight for You
While you are not required to hire a lawyer when pursuing damages, there are benefits and advantages to hiring our semi-truck accident lawyer for your Duluth case. While you concentrate on getting better, we can:
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Build a case file of supporting documents
- Submit required insurance claim forms
- Draft and file your court case, if necessary
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Interview lay witnesses and expert witnesses
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
The evidence we collect will identify the at-fault party or parties, which can include the truck driver, his employer, or the company responsible for the truck’s repair and maintenance. It could also include the cargo loaders and the manufacturer of the truck or its parts.
When Kaine Law is on your side, we fight hard for truck accident victims and their families. We care about your recovery—physical and financial. We take the stress and frustration out of pursuing compensation and bring a personal touch to personal injury law.
Five-Star Reviews and Accolades for Kaine Law
Our law firm has multiple decades of experience focusing on personal injury law. When previous clients talk about our team, they leave reviews like the following on our testimonials page:
- B.D.: “My boyfriend Michael was hit by a drunk driver…Evan…kept in touch with me personally and made me aware that he was working on my case around the clock. He also helped…get…medical bills paid ASAP. I would highly recommend Evan Kaine!”
- D.G: “I hired Evan to represent me in a lawsuit. Evan is brutally honest…at the end of the day, he set realistic expectations and got me a great settlement. Evan is the bulldog you don’t see coming.”
We treat you and every client we represent like a person, not a case file, by providing legal service and support that is custom tailored to fit your specific needs.
Click to contact our Semi Truck Accidents lawyers today
Call 24/7 for Your Free Truck Accident Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, our client-focused, results-driven team at Kaine Law will help you hold the at-fault party accountable. We fight hard to recover the compensation you need to start putting your life back together.
Contact one of our consultation team members today to find out how hard our Duluth semi-truck accident lawyer will fight for you.