If you have suffered injuries in a golf cart accident, you may be unsure how to recover compensation for your damages. If another party’s negligence caused your injuries, you may be entitled to financial restitution via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
A Duluth golf cart accident lawyer at Kaine Law can discuss your legal options for financial recovery. We offer free consultations, so you can learn more about what to expect from the golf cart accident claims process in Duluth.
Where Do Golf Cart Accidents Happen in Duluth?
Golf cart accidents can happen in various locations across Duluth. Some of these locations may include:
- Golf courses – Many golfers use golf carts to hold their golfing equipment and allow them to move around the course. However, a negligent golf cart driver can easily cause an accident on the green.
- Housing communities – Many housing communities rely on golf carts to transport residents from place to place. With many golf carts on the pathways in a community, accidents are bound to happen.
- Roadways – Some people use golf carts to go grocery shopping or visit friends and neighbors. If a golf cart collides with a motor vehicle, it can result in catastrophic injuries.
If your golf cart accident in Duluth occurred in another location, you may still have grounds for a civil or insurance claim. A Duluth golf cart accident attorney can offer you legal guidance.
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accident lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
What Causes Golf Cart Accidents in Duluth?
Golf cart accidents can occur in various ways. Your Duluth golf cart injury attorney will need to evaluate how your golf cart accident occurred to determine who is responsible for causing your injuries.
Some of the ways golf cart accidents may happen include:
- Driving a golf cart recklessly
- Driving a golf cart under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving a golf cart while distracted
- Taking a sharp turn too fast
- Driving with an overloaded golf cart
- Failure to lock the golf cart brakes
- Driving a golf cart with too many passengers
- Legs or arms hanging outside of a golf cart
- Operating a golf cart on uneven or muddy ground
- Failure to brake slowly
- Driving at speeds higher than 15 mph
- Operating a golf cart in inclement weather
These are just a few of the potential causes of golf cart accidents. If your golf cart accident in Duluth had another cause, you may still have grounds for legal action against the responsible party.
According to U.S. News & World Report, children are especially susceptible to golf cart accidents. If your child was injured in a golf cart-related accident, our personal injury attorneys can help you seek the compensation your family deserves.
Duluth Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Injuries Seen in Duluth Golf Cart Accidents
While golf cart accident injuries can certainly be severe, the type of injury you have sustained will not determine whether you have grounds for a case.
However, the impact your injuries have had on your life will determine whether your claim will be successful. With that in mind, some of the types of injuries that may occur in golf cart accidents in Duluth include:
- Broken bones
- Compound fractures
- Strains and sprains
- Knee injuries
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Wrist or arm injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fatal injuries
Click to contact our Golf Cart Accidents lawyers today
How to Recover Compensation After a Golf Cart Accident in Duluth
You may be able to recover compensation for your damages following a golf cart accident in Duluth in multiple ways.
Generally, defendants in golf cart accident claims will have an applicable insurance policy. In this case, you can file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company.
However, suppose the liable party does not have insurance coverage or their coverage is insufficient to cover all your damages. In this case, you may have other options, such as filing a personal injury lawsuit. Your golf cart accident lawyer serving Duluth can help you decide if this is a good decision in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages You May Be Entitled To After a Golf Cart Accident
You may have the right to recover various losses following a golf cart accident in Duluth. You have the right to be made whole. This means the at-fault party should repay you for every way your golf cart accident injuries have affected your life.
There are two common types of damages in personal injury claims:
Some examples of economic or financial damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Medical equipment fees
- Costs of increased health insurance premiums
- Loss of household services
- Loss of income and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are not monetary, which makes them more difficult to quantify. However, since they are so valuable, your lawyer values them accordingly.
Some examples of non-economic damages that you may be eligible for in a Duluth golf cart accident claim include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Skin scarring or disfiguring injuries
- Damage to your personal and professional reputation
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
These are only a few of the losses you may be able to recover in your Duluth golf cart accident case. Your attorney can help you estimate how much your claim is worth and what damages you may be able to recover.
Start Working with a Golf Cart Accident Lawyer in Duluth Today
Your golf cart accident injuries may have significantly impacted your life. However, with help from a Duluth golf cart accident lawyer at Kaine Law, you can focus on recuperating from your injuries while we fight for your financial recovery.
Our team will work tirelessly to hold the liable party accountable so you can access the funds you need to rebuild your life. Learn more about your next steps when you contact our office for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. Don’t delay, as O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 limits the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia.