A Duluth personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you if an insurance company refuses to pay your claim for a fire, theft, vandalism, storm damage, or some other covered cause. Sometimes, insurance companies do not take your claim seriously until you get a lawyer on board.
Claims adjusters sometimes try to blame you for the property damage or slash the amount they will pay because they say your actions made the damage worse. Also, insurance companies could deny that the damage happened from a covered event despite the fact that it actually was a covered event. You can reach out to our Duluth personal injury team today for a free case evaluation.
Types of Property Damage in Duluth, GA
Roof damage and water damage are two of the most frequent reasons for claims on homeowners or other property insurance policies. Theft and vandalism could be covered under your policy, but they might not be worth filing a claim, depending on the dollar value of the item and the amount of your deductible.
A structural fire can destroy the building or damage a significant portion of it. Also, with fire, there will often be smoke damage and water and other damage caused by the firefighters’ attempts to put out the flames.
For a free legal consultation with a property damage lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
Common Issues in Duluth Property Damage Claims
You might have a list of questions about your claim and what your insurance policy is supposed to cover. You pay premiums every year, and yet when something happens and you need the protection you paid for, the process can be frustrating and even exasperating.
It seems as if the insurance company is looking for any excuse not to pay your claim. They might finally agree to pay you something, but it may be far less than you deserve. The Office of Commissioner of Insurance and Safety Fire (OCISF) explains how your insurance is supposed to work when the insurance company plays by the rules.
A Duluth property damage attorney at Kaine Law can read your property insurance policy and analyze the extent of your coverage. Insurance policies tend to have many exclusions that whittle away at your protections. Some of the common issues in Duluth property damage claims include:
- How much the insurance company will pay on your claim
- How much you will have to pay, if anything, for the deductible
- Whether any exclusions apply in your situation that will make your loss an uncovered event
- Whether your policy will pay whatever it costs to repair or replace the structure or only pay a limited amount based on a market value from years ago
- Whether your policy covers your exact type of damage and what caused it
We can help you fight the insurance company if they try to avoid providing the full measure of benefits you should receive under the policy.
Duluth Property Damage Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Problems You Might Experience When Filing a Duluth Property Damage Claim
There is an endless list of problems you might encounter with the insurance company after you file a property damage claim. Our Duluth property damage lawyer can help you navigate these issues, such as the following:
- You might have water in your basement. If your policy covers storm damage, you might be in luck. On the other hand, if the water got into your basement because of a flood, and your policy does not cover flood damage, the insurance company might refuse to pay your claim.
- A severe thunderstorm damaged the roof of your house and your detached garage. An overzealous claims adjuster might try to make you pay the deductible twice, claiming that the deductible is per structure. We will analyze your policies to determine if that tactic is truthful or if the deductible is per claim.
- The insurance company might insist that you use one of their approved companies to repair the property damage. Sometimes, these companies use inferior materials and perform substandard repairs.
- Let’s say Duluth, GA, had bad luck with storms one year. The roof of your house suffered damage multiple times that year. The insurance company might allege that the policy limits the number of times per year that the same type of repair can be performed.
- After a house fire, the insurance company might balk at paying to repair smoke damage in rooms not directly affected by flames. Also, firefighters might have to damage doors, windows, or other parts of the building in an attempt to access the fire and extinguish the flames. In addition, the structure will likely sustain water damage from the fire hoses.
You will want to talk to our Duluth property damage attorney if you run into any of these issues with your insurance company after something damages your structure.
Click to contact our Property Damage lawyers today
How a Duluth Property Damage Lawyer Could Help with Your Insurance Claim
The insurance company will have an entire legal department helping it fight your property damage claim. It makes sense for you to have a lawyer to fight for your rights. Here is how our Duluth property damage lawyer can help with your claim:
- We can read and evaluate your insurance policy.
- We can explain the language of your policy, in particular, what the policy covers and what it does not cover.
- We can determine the insurance company’s obligations under the policy in your situation.
- We can investigate your property damage claim.
- You do not have to wait until the insurance company denies your claim to contact us. We can prepare and file a claim on your behalf.
- We can hire appraisers or other experts to place a value on the damage and the reasonable cost to repair that damage. We can fight for your rights under the policy. You paid for coverage, and you should get what you paid for with all of those premiums.
- You do not have to battle the multibillion-dollar insurance company on your own. When you hire Kaine Law to handle your claim, we will protect you from bad-faith insurance tactics.
- If your insurance company’s conduct violates the law, we could also file a complaint with the OCISF.
We will work relentlessly on your claim to get you the best possible result in your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Afford a Duluth Property Damage Attorney
We handle property damage cases on a contingency fee basis. You do not have to pay a fee deposit to get us started working on your property damage claim. We get paid at the end of your case, and only if we recover compensation for you. If so, we would receive a percentage of the settlement or court award.
In our contract, we promise that you will not have to pay us any legal fees unless you get compensation. We offer a free initial consultation for you to find out if we are the right law firm to handle your Duluth property damage claim.
Get Started on Your Property Damage Case in Duluth, GA, Today
Our Duluth property damage lawyer fights for people who insurance companies treat unfairly. Often, the little guy gets lost in the shuffle, and the corporation makes undeserved profits as a result.
We care about our clients and what happens to them. You can reach out to Kaine Law today for a free initial consultation.