In 2019, there were 3,948 accidents involving motorcycles that resulted in serious injuries and 170 fatalities in Georgia. If you or someone you love was involved in a collision, our Duluth personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the personal injury financial compensation process and recover damages for your injuries and for the expenses that stem from them.
At Kaine Law, our personal injury lawyers have multiple decades of experience helping injured victims and their families hold the at-fault party liable for their actions. We pursue them and their insurance company for the compensation you are entitled to receive. We will handle the insurance company for you, including all claim forms and paperwork. We also ensure your case meets all legal parameters and is filed on time.
Compensation We Pursue for Motorcycle Accident Clients in Duluth
When we handle your motorcycle accident case, our representation includes evidence collection that proves the elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of care —the negligent driver’s responsibility to drive safely and responsibility
- Breach of duty —the driver did not provide you with the requisite duty of care
- Causation —the driver’s negligence caused the collision and your resulting injuries
- Damages —the accident resulted in economic and non-economic damages
Once proven, we can pursue the negligent driver for the costs of your injuries and their related expenses.
Economic damages after your accident include tangible costs that have out-of-pocket costs. They can include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Our case assessment team will collect the bills, receipts, and estimates that document these current and future costs.
Non-economic damages after your accident are intangible and can be difficult to assign a value to on your own. These can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
We will obtain copies of your written prognosis and other documents that prove the toll the accident has and will take on your life.
Wrongful Death Compensation for Surviving Families
If your family lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Duluth, you have the condolences of our entire team. You also have our commitment to help you recover the following damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of household contributions
- Loss of consortium and companionship
Our law firm will assess your family’s specific damages and clarify which family members are entitled to damages. No family deserves to lose a cherished loved one to another person’s negligence. Potential compensation can help your family cope in their absence. It may also help you honor their memory. While you spend this time with your family members, a Duluth wrongful death lawyer can handle the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney Serving Duluth Explains Personal Injury Laws
The state of Georgia has laws in place that allow you to pursue a negligent driver. Our legal team will ensure you are aware of the state’s laws and how they impact your case.
Relevant laws include:
- O.C.G.A § 9-3-33— the personal injury and wrongful death statute of limitations. In general, it allows you up to two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit or two years from the date of demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
- O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5— the statute of limitations against a government or municipal agency. In general, you have up to six months to file a claim.
- O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33— Georgia’s contributory negligence law. It apportions fault for the accident to each involved party. If you are found to bear less than 49% of the fault, you can still recover 51% of the accident’s costs. If you are found to bear more than half of the fault, you cannot recover any damages at all.
At Kaine Law, we understand each of these state laws and the impact they can have on your case. When we represent you, we ensure your case is filed on time and fault is accurately assigned.
We Compile Evidence That Proves Your Right to Financial Recovery
Your evidence file will tell our motorcycle accident attorney and the at-fault driver’s representative what caused the accident. Evidence that supports your case can include:
- Accident report
- Medical records
- Photos and videos
- Witness statements
In addition to collecting and organizing your evidence, our personal injury law firm will:
- Investigate your accident
- Document your injuries
- Assess your monetary damages
- Canvass for photos and video
- Handle case-related communication
We will also negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurer to reach a favorable settlement or represent you in court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached.
See Why Accident Victims Recommend Kaine Law
Our law firm works hard to achieve the best possible outcome for every client we represent and to ensure a positive in-office experience with our team. Our previous clients say:
- R.K.: “I was in a very tight position and Evan could not have been more professional, courteous or kind and…HONEST…as a person who has been through the trials and tribulations with lawyers, good, bad or indifferent, if you have an issue, PLEASE contact Evan and I mean this from the heart!”
- J.L.: “When I got hurt, I didn’t know what to do. I contacted Evan and I’m glad that I did. He came to visit me in the hospital and gave me the comfort and confidence that I wanted in my attorney. He’s a fighter.”
Find additional reviews on our client testimonials page and see why clients recommend our individualized legal service and support.
We will also represent you at no upfront costs. Our law firm does not tax injured clients with traditional hourly rates or retainers. Instead, we accept a percentage of your financial award as compensation. Our fee structure means you do not have to wait to get started and can avoid potentially costly delays.
Duluth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Request Your Free Motorcycle Accident Case Consultation Immediately By Calling Us
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision between your motorcycle and another vehicle, our motorcycle accident lawyer serving injured clients in Duluth can help. We will collect evidence that proves the cause of your accident and your right to financial compensation.
Find out how by calling one of our Kaine Law team members for your free case review today.