In a beautiful place like Duluth, it is common to see cyclists running errands, commuting to work, or simply taking in the scenery. While bicycling can be a safe part of your everyday routine, in some unfortunate cases, accidents can happen.
If you experienced an injury or any type of loss in a bicycle accident, speaking to a bicycle accident lawyer serving Duluth can help you better understand the potential legal options available. You could even be eligible to recover compensation.
Possible Causes of Your Bicycle Accident
Bicycle accidents can happen for various reasons, and the circumstances of accidents are never the same. Understanding the root cause of your accident can play an important role in your claim because if a third party was liable, you could have grounds to take legal action. Examples of third-party liability that warrant legal action could include:
- A driver under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or another impairing substance
- Reckless driving
- Vehicles that fail to yield at a crosswalk, run a stop sign or light, or break traffic laws in any other way
- Distracted drivers using their cell phones, looking away from the road, or engaging in other actions that take attention away from operating a vehicle
- Mechanical failures of a vehicle or bicycle
- A vehicle that does not have lights on in the dark or at night
- Cargo falling off a truck or large vehicles possible obstructing the road
- Potholes and other hazards that were not effectively addressed by agencies governing the roadways
- Any failure to act in a generally safe manner that could be deemed a form of negligence
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
How A Bicycle Accident Can Change Your Life
Your life can be significantly impacted by your bicycle accident. As a victim, it is possible you experienced financial, physical, and emotional loss.
- Financial Loss: Property loss, unexpected bills, lost wages, and more can lead to significant financial changes in your life.
- Physical Injuries: Minor or severe injuries requiring doctor office visits, prescription medications, surgeries, and physical rehabilitation can be expensive and can dramatically impact your life as you know it.
- Emotional Trauma: Emotional trauma is sometimes overlooked following a sudden event like a bicycle accident. Changes to your daily life, pain, suffering, financial stress and the shock of an accident can all impact your psychological health.
Duluth Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Available Compensation for Victims Like You
While you may have experienced significant loss, remember that there are many possible ways in which filing a claim could result in compensation.
Damages could be awarded in one or more of the following forms:
- Medical expenses related to your bicycle accident could be subject to reimbursement following a winning case
- You could recover lost wages if your employment was impacted following an accident
- Damages for emotional suffering
- Compensation for damage to your bicycle or other valuable property
- Coverage of legal fees incurred throughout your claim
These are a few ways you could be compensated for your suffering. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Duluth can help you find out more specifics on the forms and amounts of possible compensation based on the details leading up to your accident and the extent of the aftermath.
Click to contact our Bicycle Accidents lawyers today
Finding a Lawyer to Help You in Your Case
Lawyers could help you in your case in many ways. During such a vulnerable, uncertain, and stressful chapter in your life, having a team of legal professionals in your corner can bring you a sense of support and security while helping you understand every step of your claim and answer your questions.
Additionally, a legal team can help you meet legal deadlines, assist with paperwork, manage compensatory expectations, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Has a History of Winning Cases Like Yours
Choosing the right lawyer is a personal decision if you decide to file a claim. It could be important to look for an experienced team, a lawyer focusing on client relationships and availability, or a legal team with a proven history of personal injury case success.
Check out some of our testimonials to learn more about our history of satisfied clients as you continue to search for the right bicycle accident lawyer in the Duluth area.
How Much Does Hiring a Lawyer Cost?
Hiring a lawyer can be expensive, but if you win your case, you may not need to worry too much about legal fees. Kaine Law, for example, does not charge unless your claim is successful, and many bicycle accident victims recover damages well over the legal fees. Additionally, your legal fees could be the responsibility of guilty parties as part of your damages in a winning case.
While you could be considering legal fees, searching for a lawyer, or mulling over your claim, remember that you do not have forever to act.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
State law in Georgia establishes a statute of limitations of two (2) years for personal injury claims, such as those possibly experienced in a bicycle accident. Two years might feel like a long time, but the clock to act starts ticking at the time of your accident. If you are considering filing a claim, you do not have forever to decide and pursue compensation.
Contact Kaine Law Today
Kaine Law is available to review your case during a free, no-obligation consultation today. Your time to take legal action following your bicycle accident could run thin. Contact us today to get started.