The Duluth area can be a beautiful place to walk around as a pedestrian while running errands or to enjoy the scenery and lively atmosphere. But roads and sidewalks shared by pedestrians and vehicles can sometimes lead to unfortunate accidents.
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, you could have legal options available and be eligible to recover compensation. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving the greater Duluth area can help determine if you have a case.
Possible Causes of Your Accident
Pedestrian accidents can be caused by a variety of reasons. In some cases, negligence can play a role, meaning an involved party failed to act reasonably, putting you in an unnecessarily dangerous situation. In other cases, a simple mistake may have led to your accident. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- A driver ignoring the road
- Malfunctioning road signs, poorly marked crosswalks, and other infrastructure failures that could be examples of negligence
- Speeding vehicles that are not able to react to a pedestrian in time
- Drunk drivers
- Brake failure and other mechanical failures of a vehicle or bicycle
- Vehicles running red lights, stop signs, failing to yield at crosswalks, or breaking another form of traffic law
- Reckless driving
- Vehicles on the road during poor weather conditions
- Much more
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-214-2001
Proving That Someone Else Was at Fault
Third-party liability, or the ability to prove that someone else is at fault, is significant because it could dictate the outcome of your case. After all, you are seeking damages for the suffering that was no fault of your own, so proving another party was responsible is essential.
In rare cases, a pedestrian accident could have been intentional, but accidents are more commonly caused by mistakes or negligence. Even if your accident was not intentional, that does not change the fact that you are left to suffer unnecessarily.
A pedestrian accident lawyer in the Duluth area can help you better understand if your case is strong enough to bring to court and the types of compensation potentially available.
Duluth Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Recoverable Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Victims
Many accidents result in severe injuries and loss. If your life was impacted by your accident, you could be eligible for one or more of the following:
- Compensation for emotional suffering following the trauma of your accident
- Reimbursement of legal fees
- Reimbursement for medical expenses, including medications, bills from healthcare provider visits, surgery expenses, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and more
- If you missed work because of your accident, you could recover the income you missed out on
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Damages for any property loss
Click to contact our Pedestrian Accidents lawyers today
Payout Structures if You Win Your Claim
If your claim is successful and you are awarded compensation, you may have to choose a payment structure that fits your current financial needs and long-term financial goals. Consulting with a professional before making financial decisions could be significant, as your decision could directly impact your life.
Generally, compensation is awarded in a single payment, a “lump sum,” or in smaller installments over time. Each allocation method has pros and cons, so remember to do your homework if you win your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hiring a Lawyer Could Help
Filing a claim can be scary, stressful, and intimidating. One thing that can ease your anxiety is the comfort of knowing you have a legal professional by your side throughout the entire process. Additional ways in which a lawyer could be helpful include:
- Taking the stress of paperwork away by assisting with tedious legal filings
- Helping your case move through the system promptly by keeping track of important deadlines
- Helping you plan for your life after the accident by managing your expectations of compensation
- Answering questions that you might have from the beginning of your claim until a final decision is made
- Acting as your support system as you deal with the stressful aftermath of your accident
- Improving the strength of your case by organizing the details of the events leading up to your accident
Finding the Right Team for You
If you are searching for a pedestrian accident lawyer practicing in the Duluth area, you may not need to look further than the experienced team at Kaine Law. Our client testimonials show that we have a history of success with personal injury cases and satisfied clients.
Hiring a lawyer is a personal and important decision. Having a team with experience with cases like yours and a track record of winning personal injury cases could help.
Considering Legal Fees
We waive all legal fees at Kaine Law unless you win your case. That means you do not need to worry about anything more than your recovery until your case is settled.
The Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for personal injuries, like those incurred in a pedestrian accident, is two (2) years. In legal terms, this means you have exactly two (2) years to file your claim from the time of your accident. Acting urgently can ensure you have a fair shot at justice and compensation that can make life easier moving forward.
Kaine Law Is Available to Discuss Your Case Today
Life after an accident can be difficult, and it is tough to come to terms with an accident caused by someone else. If you are serious about taking legal action against those responsible for your pain and suffering, our experienced team at Kaine Law is available to help. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case review.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form