Were you or someone you love injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another person or entity? If so, you could have the right to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party. At Kaine Law, our Buford personal injury lawyer will help you identify the at-fault party or parties, document the value of your case, and negotiate a favorable settlement.
Our law firm gives your case the attention to detail it needs. We will investigate and compile evidence that proves the accident’s cause and its subsequent costs. Our team will never stop fighting for you. We prove the at-fault party’s negligence and ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time to safeguard your right to take the negligent party to court if needed.
Proving Negligence in Buford Personal Injury Cases
More personal injury cases are settled out of court than in. This usually happens when the evidence points clearly to fault and negligence. We work hard to prove the four elements of negligence.
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
We prove these elements with evidence, including accident, incident, and animal control reports. We also obtain witness statements, identify supportive experts, and canvass the accident scene and surrounding area for photos and videos that capture the accident before, during, and after it happens.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Negligence-based accidents that led to injuries can entitle you to recoverable damages from the at-fault party. When we help injured parties in Buford recover damages, our personal injury practice areas include the following:
- Automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Property damage
- Diminished value claims
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Golf cart accidents
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Product liability
- Workers’ compensation
We offer free reviews of all personal injury cases. We use that time to understand the details of your case and to start planning a case strategy. It is also a time for you to get to know our team members.
We also explain our contingency fee structure. It allows you to put our team to work on your case immediately at no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to you. Instead of traditional fees and retainers, we cover all costs and only receive compensation when we obtain it for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Buford, call 404-214-2001
Compensation Available in Personal Injury Cases
Victims of personal injury accidents are entitled to four types of recoverable damages. Punitive damages are rare and are only awarded to plaintiffs when the defendant’s actions are egregious. If they are possible in your personal injury case, our lawyers will ensure they are included in your compensation request.
Our financial recovery focuses on recovering the following:
- Economic damages — including your medical bills until you reach maximum medical improvement. Economic damages also include lost wages for the time your injuries prevent you from working, repairing, or replacing your damaged property, and its diminished value.
- Non-economic damages — including any ongoing physical pain and suffering you experience. Non-economic damages also include physical impairments and disfiguring injuries, mental and emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages — including the reasonable funeral and burial costs for a fatally injured loved one. Wrongful death damages also include your loss of companionship, consortium, society, and guidance.
While you concentrate on getting better or on helping an injured loved one recuperate, we get to work preparing your case and proving your right to monetary compensation.
Personal Injury Compensation Timelines
Reaching an agreeable financial settlement can take many rounds of back-and-forth negotiations. It can also take time. In Buford, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
According to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33:
- You generally have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit
- You typically have two years from the date of demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit
An expired statute of limitations could mean you have no legal avenue to compel compensation from the at-fault party. We avoid this costly outcome by ensuring your lawsuit is filed within the appropriate timeline.
Because the statutory filing deadline can fluctuate based on many different factors, the best way to ensure compliance is to contact our law firm sooner rather than later and to leave compliance to us.
Buford Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Lawyers Go the Extra Mile to Build Your Personal Injury Case
At Kaine Law, we take on the hard work of building your personal injury case. Our Buford personal injury lawyer will:
- Review your potential case
- Investigate your accident
- Calculate your case value
- Collect supporting evidence
- Handle all communication
- Canvass the accident scene
We field settlement offers, weigh their pros and cons, and handle every aspect of the negotiation process. If a favorable monetary settlement cannot be reached, we take your case to court to meet our goal of achieving the best possible financial outcome for you.
Praise and Accolades From Previous Kaine Law Clients
When they talk about our commitment to providing an outstanding in-office experience, previous clients say the following:
- Ashley: “Other law firms stop at the minimum, but Kaine Law did not and gave me the maximum amount out of my car accident.”
- Archeia: “I am super grateful that my family recommended Kaine Law. I will never use anyone else! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
- Mathew: “My children and I were involved in a car accident…Melanie, Nancy, Josue, Jessica, and the whole team of Kaine Law took care of me.”
Learn more about our decades of experience and history of client victories on our case results page.
Click to contact our Personal Injury lawyers today
Review Your Northern Georgia Personal Injury Case With Us Today
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident caused by negligence, we can help you seek monetary recovery of the resulting expenses and losses. When our personal injury lawyer serving Buford is on your side, we stop at nothing to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to for the at-fault party’s negligence. You can get your life back.
Contact one of our Kaine Law consultation team members to get your personal injury case started today.