The state of Georgia takes drunk driving and any resulting accidents seriously. In addition to any legal recriminations, the state also allows injured parties to recover the costs of the accident from the at-fault driver or their insurance provider. At Kaine Law, our Buford DUI car accident lawyer is committed to helping you fight for compensation.
When we handle your case, our law firm proves alcohol or drug involvement caused the accident. We also collect and organize evidence of the accident’s costs and ensure your case is filed with the applicable statute of limitations. Damages we fight to recover for you include medical care, loss of wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Let Our DUI Car Accident Team Start Preparing Your Buford Case Right Away
The aftermath of a car accident caused by an intoxicated driver can be emotional and distressing. While you and your family focus on getting better, our personal injury law firm handles the details of building your case.
To bolster and support your right to recovery, we will:
- Handle written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Obtain copies of your crash report and other evidence
- Locate and interview available accident witnesses
- Canvass the accident scene for photos and videos
- Assign an accurate financial value to your case
We also handle the settlement negotiation process from start to finish. If a fair and appropriate settlement cannot be reached, we will also represent you in court to keep fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
Pay No Fees Until We Recover Damages for You
When you trust our law firm to fight for you, we represent you on a contingency-fee basis. This means that at no upfront cost or expense to you, we will:
- Review the details and merits of your case
- Conduct a thorough independent investigation
- Consult expert witnesses who support your case
- Negotiate with the at-fault driver’s representative
- Take your case to court if a settlement is not forthcoming
Our fee structure means we accept a percentage of your financial award as compensation. It also means you pay nothing until we recover damages for you.
For a free legal consultation with a dui lawyer serving Buford, call 404-214-2001
Economic and Non-Economic Recoverable Damages in Your DUI Case
The financial aftermath of a car accident can be extensive and ongoing. When our personal injury lawyer helps you seek recovery after an accident, we pursue the following damages:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future lost wages
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional stress
- Property damage or total destruction
Intoxicated drivers can leave a trail of injuries and fatalities in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, 3,241 people were fatally injured in drunk driving accidents in Georgia between 2009 and 2018.
If your family lost a loved one in a DUI accident, we also help your family recover wrongful death damages. These can include funeral and burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s financial contributions, and ongoing pain and suffering.
Our Lawyers Ensure Compliance With Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations defines how much time you have to file a civil lawsuit in the state. If you or someone you love was injured in a DUI accident, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 generally gives you two years to file your personal injury lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date of the accident.
The same statute gives you up to two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit if someone you love was fatally injured in the collision. In wrongful death cases, the statutory clock starts running on the date of demise. Because various factors can cause the statute of limitations to fluctuate, the best way to ensure compliance is to let our DUI lawyers handle it for you.
Buford DUI Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Evidence We Collect to Substantiate Your Northern Georgia DUI Accident Case
At Kaine Law, we work hard to build a compelling case file. We do not put you or your family to work collecting evidence from its various sources. We collect evidence that proves duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Our Buford DUI car accident lawyer collects the following supporting evidence:
- Your official car accident report. It will contain details about the accident, the at-fault driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level, and the investigating officer’s observations and diagrams.
- Your medical records and bills. They will contain details about the cause of your injuries, their severity, and the extent of your treatment plan. It also documents your future prognosis, which helps us estimate the cost of medical and other care you will require after your case has been resolved.
We also collect additional evidence, including witness statements. We also canvass the area for smartphone and dashcam photos and videos. Where available, we will also obtain residential and commercial surveillance and security footage.
See Why Previous Car Accident Victims Recommend Our Law Firm
Client reviews provide insight into working with our client-focused law firm. When previous clients leave online reviews about their experience with us, they say the following:
- M.T.: “I was involved in an auto-accident with a drunk driver…I decided to contact Evan Kaine. Evan understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses that I incurred, and he completely delivered…Bottom line – Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.”
- B.D.: “My boyfriend Michael was hit by a drunk driver while…driving my car. Even though I wasn’t involved in the accident, Evan made…the process of getting my new car painless for me…He also helped Michael get his medical bills paid ASAP. I would highly recommend Evan Kaine!”
Browse our client testimonials page to read more reviews from satisfied clients like these.
Click to contact our DUI lawyers today
Work With Our Dedicated Lawyers
If you or someone you love was injured, or if a loved one was fatally injured, our law firm will help you recover financial damages from the negligent driver or their insurance provider. We can get you back on your feet after this preventable, harrowing event.
Contact one of our Kaine Law case review team members to get started today.