A golf cart accident can leave you with painful injuries and expensive medical bills. Luckily, you have the right to seek compensation from the party responsible for your injuries, and a lawyer from our Buford office can help you exercise that right.
A Buford personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can confront the liable party’s insurance company and negotiate for the money your family deserves. We can also be there to keep you updated and answer your questions along the way. Call us today to get started.
Golf Cart Injuries and Your Right to Compensation in Buford
When someone else’s carelessness leads to bodily injuries and property damage, the accident survivor should not be expected to bear this burden alone. Georgia law gives you the right to seek reimbursement for everything you lost due to the accident. Our Buford golf cart accident lawyer can help you get the money you need by:
- Speaking to you about the accident’s impact on your life and helping you compile a list of compensable damages
- Collecting evidence, such as paystubs or statements from close relatives, that shows how much you have lost
- Using legal formulas to express your physical and emotional suffering in accurate financial terms
- Presenting your case to the insurance company and pushing them to cover all of your losses in a timely fashion
Commonly Sought Damages in Buford Golf Cart Accident Cases
While everyone’s case is different, you can likely expect to seek compensation for:
- Any wages you lost because your injuries kept you from going to work
- The cost of medical care you needed in the past or will probably need in the future to deal with your injuries
- The emotional distress of being in an accident that was not your fault and having to deal with its consequences
- The physical pain, suffering, and discomfort associated with your injury symptoms
Do I Need to Go to Court to Get Compensation in Buford?
Not necessarily. Courtroom trials are inconvenient for all involved, so insurers are often willing to negotiate with personal injury lawyers and settle such cases out of court.
That said, there is always the chance that the insurer in your case may feel they have enough evidence to beat you in court and thus avoid paying any compensation at all. While rare, you should be prepared for this possibility. We can help you do this by:
- Keeping you updated throughout the length of your case
- Letting you know how negotiations are going and if we think they will succeed
- Explaining what a trial entails and how we can represent you in the courtroom
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accident lawyer serving Buford, call 404-214-2001
You Can Rely on Kaine Law’s Buford Team
We have decades of experience with personal injury cases in Buford and throughout Georgia. Now, we want to put that experience to work for you.
Why choose a golf cart accident attorney from Kaine Law to represent you? Among other things, we:
- Charge nothing upfront: Everyone is welcome to call our office and receive a free evaluation from us. Once you hire our team, you will pay us no attorney’s fees until you receive compensation.
- Have a proven reputation: Attorney Evan Kaine is part of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, meaning that our team knows how to manage even the toughest cases.
- Deal exclusively with personal injury cases: Unlike other firms that may handle many different case types, we specialize in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Care about our clients: You, your family, and your future matter to us. We work closely with each client to figure out what they need and how to accomplish their most important goals.
In general, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule, so it is better to seek legal assistance sooner rather than later.
Buford Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Buford Golf Cart Accident Causes and Prevention
Golf carts may seem relatively safe compared to other motor vehicles since they are smaller and not designed to travel as quickly or in such crowded environments. However:
- They do not offer the protection that a sturdy car does. Most golf carts do not even come with seatbelts.
- Even a low-speed accident can cause considerable damage.
- Golf courses typically include obstacles like rolling hills, sand traps, and bodies of water. These features pose real hazards if you lose control of a golf cart.
People Who Can Prevent Golf Cart Accidents
When we investigate your case, one of our goals is to find out who is responsible for your collision. Depending on how and where the accident happened, the at-fault party could be:
- The person who was driving the cart
- The workers responsible for maintaining either the cart or the golf course
- The manufacturer who built and sold a faulty golf cart
- The golf course owner, who is responsible for keeping the grounds safe for everyone’s use
In rare cases, there may be multiple at-fault parties. This is why it is so important to let us investigate your case before trying to seek compensation. Otherwise, a negligent party might get away with doing harm.
Golf Cart Safety in Buford
You cannot control other people’s behavior, but you can control your own. Protect yourself on the golf course by:
- Maintaining a rate of speed that enables you to keep control over the vehicle
- Remaining alert for potential dangers (e.g., other golfers) at all times, whether you are driving a golf cart or traversing the course on foot
- Avoiding alcohol or other substances that can impair your judgment and reaction times
If these measures are not enough to prevent an accident, Kaine Law can champion your right to monetary compensation that will support your family, pay your bills, and help you move on with your life.
Click to contact our Golf Cart Accident lawyers today
Our Buford Law Firm Helps Golf Cart Accident Survivors Like You
If you would like legal help after a Buford golf cart accident, a lawyer from Kaine Law can be there for you. To get started, call us for a free case review today. Our team is eager to learn more about your case and to start brainstorming ways to get you the damages you need.