Experiencing any kind of motor vehicle accident can be terrifying. Your suffering may be compounded if you were hit by an especially large vehicle that can inflict severe damage. You can file a truck accident lawsuit against the liable party to seek financial recovery for a variety of losses, though.
Our Conyers semi-truck accident lawyer helps people like you file personal injury lawsuits. We can fight for the money your family needs and deserves—and we charge nothing until that money is in your bank account.
How Can Our Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Help You?
In most semi-truck accident cases, you have two years to get started, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. That gives you two years to:
- Talk to and visit various law firms, and decide which firm can best serve your needs
- Work with our Conyers truck accident law firm to figure out the right strategy for calculating and pursuing all of the money you need
- Tell us every detail of your story
- Ask us as many questions as you need to understand your options and make the right decision
At Kaine Law, we understand that your family has already been through so much. We want to take the burden of filing a legal case off your shoulders and handle your entire case on your behalf. We would be responsible for:
- Collecting evidence from the police, the trucking company, your doctor, and all other possible sources
- Using the evidence to identify all liable parties and to determine how much compensation you qualify for
- Getting in touch with all other parties, including the people responsible for the collision and their insurance companies
- Explaining why we believe you deserve every penny of the compensation you have asked for—and fighting back if the insurer tries to offer you less
- Negotiating hard for a settlement or pursuing a jury award, depending on your situation
- Representing you in court as necessary so that you do not have to worry about representing yourself or learning about courtroom procedures
- Filling out and submitting all of the necessary paperwork to start your case and keep it on track
We charge nothing up front for these services. Instead, we choose to collect a contingency fee, meaning that we only send you a bill after you have received compensation. Feel free to ask us more about this before you hire us.
We Handle Wrongful Death Cases Too
If your loved one lost their life in a semi-truck accident, we can help while you grieve in peace. You can sue for compensation after a wrongful death in Conyers, and Kaine Law could assist you with any legal action you decide to take.
No one should be allowed to get away with causing another person’s premature death. Your family could receive damages for loss of companionship and funeral expenses to help you through this difficult time.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accident lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
How Much Semi-Truck Accident Compensation Do You Need?
Every semi-truck accident survivor is entitled to a different amount of compensation based on:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Travel expenses related to receiving medical care
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity or employment
Reading this list may have already given you some ideas as to which kinds of damages you should ask for. You can write these ideas down and bring them with you when you come to see us. One of our attorneys can review your list and help you flesh it out or even add items you did not think of.
In addition, Kaine Law’s Conyers semi-truck accident lawyer can use various methods to figure out how much money you should seek for each type of damage. For example:
- We can utilize legal formulas to assess the value of intangible damages, such as physical pain.
- We can look at bills, receipts, pay stubs, and other documentation that shows how much money the accident has cost you so far.
- We can interview your relatives, your employer, and subject matter experts to estimate the value of current and probable future losses.
If you have any materials that you think may help us evaluate your case, we encourage you to show them to us as soon as possible.
Conyers Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Do Semi-Truck Accidents Happen?
Any number of factors can contribute to semi-truck accidents. Many of these factors stem from negligence and could be prevented with common-sense precautions.
For example, the Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) requires trucking companies to:
- Keep all vehicles well-maintained at all times
- Ensure their drivers are properly licensed and test the drivers for drug or alcohol use
- Follow laws pertaining to the type of cargo they carry
Not following these basic measures could cause accidents: a broken-down truck could blow a tire, for instance, or an unqualified driver could lose control of the vehicle.
Similarly, truck drivers are bound to respect their employer’s regulations, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Otherwise, they could cause serious accidents by:
- Using mind-altering substances that impair their judgment
- Following a driver too closely and then finding themselves unable to stop when the vehicle in front of them slows down
- Using a cell phone or another device that takes their attention away from the road
In some cases, other factors—such as a faulty truck part or a dangerous roadway—may play a role in causing semi-truck accidents.
How can you be sure that you are suing the right parties and not allowing anyone to get away with negligence? Kaine Law can investigate and get to the bottom of your collision. Our team cares only about personal injury and wrongful death cases, and we are devoted to ensuring that people like you get the chance to pursue justice.
Click to contact our Semi-Truck Accident lawyers today
We Represent Conyers, Georgia
Kaine Law is proud to represent personal injury survivors and the families of wrongful death victims all throughout the state. Our Conyers semi-truck accident lawyer could give your case the personalized attention it deserves. Contact our firm and get a risk-free case assessment at no charge today.