One of the first things you should do after being in a semi-truck accident is to contact a law firm that has experience with such cases. Our Lawrenceville truck accident lawyer could be a big help to you during this difficult time.
A Lawrenceville truck accident could leave you with severe injuries that require expensive treatments and keep you from working. The team at Kaine Law can sue the at-fault party for the money you need while you focus on recovery.
What Can Kaine Law Do for You After a Semi-Truck Accident?
Kaine Law is dedicated to helping the people of Lawrenceville take full advantage of their rights after suffering a personal injury. Our Lawrenceville personal injury lawyers can take thorough, careful action on your behalf when it comes to:
- Looking for evidence: Many different parties may have information related to your case, including the police, your doctor, witnesses, and even you. We can request testimony and/or documentation from all of them.
- Confronting the liable party: Whether they are an individual or an organization, we can identify who caused your accident and ask them to pay fair recompense for the damage they have done.
- Pursuing a settlement: Sometimes, we can end a case without having to go to court. Our truck accident lawyer would negotiate with the insurer to get you a settlement that meets your needs.
- Pursuing a jury award: In situations where we cannot secure a settlement, we can take the at-fault party to trial and present both evidence and testimony in support of your case.
- Charging nothing up front: Our clients only pay attorney’s fees after we win their case—and we waive those fees if we do not win.
The legal system can be intimidating to outsiders. Kaine Law is familiar with the ins and outs of federal and state laws pertaining to semi-truck accidents, and we can put that knowledge to use in your case.
We Support Our Clients
To us, a lawsuit is not just about filling out paperwork or negotiating settlements. The heart and soul of each case is our client and what we can do to help them.
We encourage you to begin working on your semi-truck accident case as soon as possible. That way, we have the maximum amount of time to:
- Address all of your concerns about your case, the legal process, the liable party, and more
- Devise a strategy for securing the money you and your family need
- Keep in frequent contact with you and let you know how your case is going
Additionally, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 restricts your right to pursue compensation to the first two years after your accident. As a general rule, you cannot start a lawsuit more than two years from the day you were injured. You should keep this law in mind as you consider when to take legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
What Semi-Truck Accident Damages Can You Get?
Below are a few of the more common types of damages we pursue for clients. You could qualify for these and other forms of compensation after a semi-truck collision:
Per the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), as of 2020, motor vehicle accidents were the “second leading cause of hospitalizations and ER visits in” the state. These visits can be very expensive. So can other forms of medical treatment, such as:
- Consultations with specialists
- Assistive devices
- In-home care
You should not have to forego medical care because of the cost. Let our team ask the responsible party’s insurance company to cover everything you need.
With serious injuries, it is almost inevitable that you will miss some amount of work. The only questions that remain are:
- How many days of work will you miss?
- Will your missed working days also cause you to lose benefits?
- Will you ever be able to return to work again?
- If you can only work part-time, how will you and your family make up for the difference in income?
- What if you need to undergo retraining to find a job in a new field?
Whatever money you lost (or expect to lose in the coming years) because of your accident-related injuries, the liable party should pay for it.
This is a catchall term for losses that are physical or psychological rather than financial. You could qualify on the basis of:
- Disruptive physical or mental symptoms associated with your injuries
- Lost independence
- Temporary or permanent disabilities that affect the brain and/or the body
- The inability to do all of the tasks and activities you did before
How do you calculate the monetary worth of non-economic damages? We can do so by collecting evidence of your injuries and applying legal formulas to “translate” them into dollars.
Lawrenceville Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Who Is Responsible for Semi-Truck Accidents?
It is not always easy to determine who is legally and financially liable after a semi-truck accident. Your case could include any number of potential at-fault parties, including:
- The driver: Drivers can make all sorts of mistakes on the road, from driving while exhausted to tailgating to exceeding the speed limit.
- The trucking company: These companies are responsible for keeping the trucks safe and ensuring their drivers are properly trained.
- A manufacturer: Truck part manufacturers may fail to test their product sufficiently, use substandard materials, or allow a dangerous product to stay on the market even after discovering its flaws.
- A cargo loader: If the people who load the truck do so improperly, the cargo could make the truck unbalanced or spill out onto the roadway.
As part of our investigation, we can gather evidence against all of the liable parties in your case. Then we can speak to them on your behalf. We are not afraid of large organizations like trucking companies or manufacturers: our only concern is securing justice for you.
Click to contact our Semi-Truck Accidents lawyers today
Call Us to File a Semi-Truck Accident Case
It is difficult to try to focus on a lawsuit when you are still recovering from a personal injury. Let a Lawrenceville semi-truck accident lawyer from Kaine Law seek compensation for you. Call us for a free consultation today, and find out what our firm can do to make sure justice is done in your case.