If you or a loved one was a pedestrian who got hit by a vehicle—a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle—you might be entitled to collect compensation for your injuries and damages.
You can hire a personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law to help you gather materials and build your case. Our legal team can help identify who may be held liable for your accident.
Damages you can seek as an injured pedestrian
In the aftermath of an accident, the party responsible for causing the accident may be held liable and required to pay damages to the injured victim.
Pedestrian accident damages may include:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future income loss
- Reduced earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function
Our team will inform you of other damages you qualify for that are not listed here if they apply to your case.
A family may seek damages if their loved one passed away
Specific individuals qualify to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Per O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2, the following individuals may file for compensation on behalf of their loved one (referred to as “the decedent”):
- The decedent’s surviving spouse
- The decedent’s surviving children
- The decedent’s surviving parents or legal guardians
You may be able to pursue the damages your loved one would have received in a personal injury case as well as:
- Costs for funeral services, including burial and cremation services
- Pain and suffering experienced by both the decedent and the family
- Final medical expenses
- Loss of financial support if the decedent contributed to the family’s income
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship and emotional support
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
How we help with your pedestrian accident case
Part of the benefit of working with our personal injury team is that we can take the lead on your case and manage it for you.
As our client, you won’t have to worry about handling legal communications and presenting your case because we will do that for you.
When you work with Kaine Law, you get help from an experienced pedestrian accident attorney and help from the entire team. Read what a past client had to say about her experience with our firm:
“I recommend Kaine Law any day of the week. They were really patient and kind. My team was amazing. They will answer any question that you may have and they informed me every step of my case!” –Shi Shannon, former personal injury client
Together, our law firm will fulfill multiple tasks to prepare your case for litigation, such as:
- Case investigation:
- If a police report is available, we will review the information to identify liable parties.
- Next, we may conduct a private investigation to collect evidence, such as video footage of the accident and witness statements.
- Legal communications:
- Our team can make official statements to the insurance company and opposing legal team on your behalf.
- We will also help prepare legal paperwork, including notices about your intention to sue.
- Legal representation:
- Your attorney will present your case and advocate for your right to financial compensation as an injured pedestrian.
- Legal guidance:
- As your case progresses, our team will update you on the new information we receive.
- If you receive settlement offers, we will also provide legal advice on its fairness based on the calculations we make on the value of your damages.
We aim to stand by your side and guide you throughout your legal journey.
Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia’s statute of limitations: the deadline for filing your claim
If you decide to pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit, you will have to meet the filing deadline set by Georgia’s statute of limitations.
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 generally gives plaintiffs about two years from the date of injury to file their case.
If you fail to file your pedestrian accident lawsuit on time, your case might be subject to dismissal, meaning you would no longer be able to continue your pursuit of compensation.
Our team can review your case to determine its filing deadline and help you file your case on time.
Click to contact our Pedestrian Accidents lawyers today
Call Now to Get a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Work on Your Case
If you were hit by a car while crossing an intersection, call us to help you build a case against the negligent driver who hit you.
Call (404) 214-2001 for a free case evaluation. Hablamos Español.