A Decatur Total Loss Lawyer could help you navigate the claim process if the insurance company declared your vehicle a total loss after a car accident.
You could work with a Decatur personal injury lawyer to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and other losses from the at-fault party. You do not have to go through this experience alone.
Recoverable Damages in Decatur Total Loss Cases
Every total loss car accident case is different, so the amount of damages you could seek will depend on the facts of your situation. In addition to the property damage, some of the common types of compensation that people go after in these claims include the following:
- You could have a claim for lost wages if you did not get paid your full regular wages or salary during the time when you could not work because of your wounds.
- You might have future lost wages if long-term impairments from your injuries prevent you from making as much money as you did before the total loss accident. Some people have to take a lower-paying position or reduce their working hours because of impairments from severe injuries.
- Your medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries are usually compensable. These items can include the cost of the “jaws of life,” ambulance, life flight, emergency room, x-rays, lab work, blood transfusions, surgery, doctors, hospitals, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- People often experience physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress after being in a total loss crash. This category often gets called pain and suffering.
- You might have additional intangible losses, like disfigurement from extensive scars or amputation, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain and depression, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If your close relative died because of a total loss collision in Decatur, we might be able to pursue a wrongful death claim for additional compensation for the family.
For a free legal consultation with a total loss lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
How a Decatur Total Loss Attorney Can Help with Your Case
If you got hurt in a car accident that involved a vehicle that the insurance company declared a total loss, and someone else was at fault in causing the collision, a Decatur total loss lawyer could help you seek compensation for your injuries and other losses.
Here are a few of the ways that we can help with your total loss injury claim:
- You can count on us to take the time to listen to you and answer your questions. You should not have to stress about what is happening in your case and what to expect.
- If there is a likelihood that a mechanical defect in the car or a substandard repair job caused or contributed to the car accident, we can secure the vehicle. Without the vehicle, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to prove the fault of the defendant.
- In addition to answering your questions, we explain how the insurance claim process goes so that you can be confident in what is happening on your claim. If we need to file a lawsuit, we will also explain the litigation process so that you do not have to worry about that, either.
- We will perform a thorough investigation of the motor vehicle collision that resulted in the total loss designation. As a part of our investigation, we collect evidence to build your case against the at-fault party who caused the crash.
- The evidence could include the police report, your medical records, your employment records to show lost wages, information from the scene of the accident, and the testimony of witnesses.
- We work with the defendant’s insurance company and share information that can help them evaluate your case and determine the economic value of your claim.
- We negotiate directly with the defendant’s insurance company and try to reach a fair settlement amount for your losses. If your case doesn’t settle, and it is appropriate to do so, we can file a lawsuit and ask a judge and jury to decide the case.
- Most cases still settle out of court after getting filed as lawsuits, so we will continue negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
You will have to do all of this work by yourself if you do not work with a lawyer on your case. Instead, we can take all of these tasks off of your plate so that you can focus on getting better.
Decatur Total Loss Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Contingency Fees Work in Decatur Total Loss Claims
At Kaine Law, we do not charge upfront or hourly legal fees to help you with your total loss injury or wrongful death claim. Instead, we work without payment until the end, when we receive a percentage of the settlement or court award.
Our no-fee guarantee is in our contract with you. This guarantee means that if you do not win compensation, you do not owe us any money for legal fees. Also, we provide a free initial consultation with no obligation.
Click to contact our Total Loss lawyers today
The Statute of Limitations for Filing Decatur Total Loss Cases
Georgia law generally only gives you two years to file a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit, under O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, for a total loss accident in Decatur. If your claim is against the city, you generally only have six months to file your claim under O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5. Missing the statute of limitations filing deadline could cost you your entire right to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Kaine Law Is Right for Your Decatur Total Loss Injury Case
Attorney Evan Kaine Has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This honor is a testament to his reputation and results. At Kaine Law, we focus on personal injury cases, and we fight for victims and their families. We truly care about our clients and their outcome.
How to Get Help on Your Case from a Decatur Total Loss Lawyer at Kaine Law
You can contact us today for a free initial consultation. A Decatur total loss lawyer at Kaine Law could handle your injury claim or a lawsuit on your behalf. Again, we offer a free initial consultation.