Motorcycle injuries can be debilitating or deadly. They can leave you unemployed with thousands in medical bills and other losses.
If this happened to you, a Decatur personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can evaluate your injury costs, wage losses, and pain and suffering. Our team can then pursue fair compensation at no upfront cost to you.
You Deserve Damages for Medical Treatment and Other Losses
To recover compensation for your injuries, our injury team will establish the following:
- Duty of care: Did the other person have a responsibility to avoid causing you harm?
- Breach of duty: Did the other person act in a way that ignored that responsibility?
- Causation: Did ignoring that responsibility cause your severe injuries?
- Damages: Did you suffer damages as a result or your injuries and the collision?
If all of the above are true, you could be entitled to compensation. This sequence is how we demonstrate negligence—how someone acted in a way that caused your injuries.
Recovering Damages for Financial Expenses
Once we establish this, we will pursue damages for expenses like:
- Ambulance rides
- ER visits
- Hospital stays
- Imaging and other medical tests
- Medications, such as anti-anxiety medication or antidepressants
- Psychological counseling
- Medical equipment
- Lost income
You may recover damages for any expenses related to your motorcycle accident, from the cost of stitches for cuts to the expense of skin grafts for a burn or road rash. Your right to seek financial compensation even extends to how the accident has impacted your employment. Our team can compile a comprehensive list of your damages and pursue an amount that reflects your losses.
We Stand Up for Your Right to a Complete Recovery
Some motorcycle injuries require unique treatments for you to reach maximum medical improvement. Unfortunately, some insurance companies are reluctant to pay for certain types of care.
You deserve care that helps you recover. You can speak to a team member at Kaine Law about receiving compensation to cover emergency treatment, as well as:
- Chiropractic care
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
Insurance companies may claim they have the final say in your treatment, settlement, and reimbursement, but they do not. We can run interference for you, communicating and negotiating with adjusters while protecting your right to treatment. One of our motorcycle accident lawyers can fight for the financial recovery you seek in Decatur.
Non-Economic Losses Warrant Compensation, Too
Head injuries are common in motorcycle accidents. According to Mayo Clinic, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can cause anxiety, depression, mood changes, and other symptoms. Even without a TBI, being in an accident and adjusting to a new reality can be traumatic.
Spinal cord injuries are also a common occurrence. They can leave a survivor paralyzed, unable to work, hold their children, or care for themselves. This can cause feelings of anxiety and depression, like with a TBI.
Since these injury symptoms result from your accident, you could be entitled to non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Recovery is more than just mended bones and healed cuts. An accident can damage your mental and emotional health, which may qualify you for additional compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
You Deserve Support When Facing Liable Parties
Going through severe injuries and recovery is hard enough without having to deal with insurance representatives. Insurance companies generally try to avoid paying accident victims. A personal injury attorney from our firm will help you with challenges surrounding:
- Your claim’s value
- Your right to treatment
- Your settlement amount
- Your potential degree of fault
- Your account of events
If the negligent party does not have enough (or any) insurance, we can determine if there are other liable parties and/or file a personal injury lawsuit.
What Our Firm Can Do for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
We offer help from the beginning of your case to the end, including:
- Assessing your accident’s cause
- Identifying all liable parties
- Assigning a value to your case
- Translating legal jargon into layman’s English or Spanish
- Consulting experts
- Communicating with all parties involved in your case
- Reviewing and negotiating settlement offers
- Updating you on your case’s progress
- Filing paperwork on your behalf
If it looks like we do a lot of the heavy lifting, it’s because we do. Plus, you will have access to your motorcycle accident attorney rather than being passed off to a case manager or assistant.
We Make Legal Representation Affordable
You may be worried about paying your current bills, leaving you unsure how you can afford a lawyer. To ease your concerns, we offer a free consultation—no hassle, just help. Additionally, we don’t accept payment until you receive your compensation. Your success is our success. Because of our fee structure, our firm:
- Asks for no compensation when we accept your case
- Takes no hourly fee
- Pays all case-related fees
- Pays the cost for any experts that we hire for your case
- Only receives a fee if we secure compensation for you
You shouldn’t have to worry at all about the cost of seeking justice. Our firm ensures that you don’t. On the other hand, those who handle insurance claims or lawsuits on their own may pay in several ways. Handling your case alone will:
- Require you to pay out-of-pocket for all case-related costs
- Require you to invest significant time in the insurance and legal processes
- Pull you away from other responsibilities, including but not limited to your recovery
As you can see, hiring Kaine Law can be a credit to your health and well-being—without any financial risk.
How We Demonstrate Types of Negligence
In addition to the standard support we provide clients, we tailor our approach to each case. Depending on the accident cause, we can utilize specific forms of evidence:
- Drunk driving: Blood alcohol tests, bar receipts, past citations for drunk driving
- Distracted driving: Phone records, social media posts, witness testimony
- Improper turns: Eyewitness accounts, accident reconstructions, expert testimony
- Speeding: Traffic camera footage, police reports, medical records
You may not even be sure what caused your crash, and that’s okay. Provide us with the information you do have, and we can fill in the blanks. Part of this may involve investigating other liable parties you never considered, such as:
- Negligent drivers, e.g., car or truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Rideshare drivers
- Tire manufacturers
- Motorcycle manufacturers
- Maintenance shops and mechanics
- City, county, or state governments
According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), many fatalities in motorcycle accidents involve one vehicle. However, that doesn’t mean those crashes were the fault of the motorcyclist.
Defective tires, faulty brakes, installation errors, and poor road maintenance are all forms of negligence that can lead to single-vehicle accidents. We will investigate these possibilities.
We Fight Against Motorcyclist Bias
Injured motorcycle riders often face a very specific bias: because motorcycles can be dangerous, insurance companies often assume they are always at fault for an accident they are involved in.
Our team will protect you and your case from this bias.
What to Expect When You Hire Kaine Law
We will handle each step of your case, which may include:
- Evidence-gathering and case valuation
- Communication with liable parties
- Negotiation and settlement review
- Filing of your lawsuit
- Negotiation of a settlement
- A trial, if necessary
Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing
Most cases settle without going to court. Still, it’s important to note that you generally have two years to file a lawsuit, according to the statute of limitations imposed by O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This provides us a window for you to heal and for us to negotiate. We will go to trial to fight for your compensation, if necessary.
Kaine Law does Not Compromise on Client Service
When you’re seeking compensation in Decatur, you deserve a law firm that will fight for you while providing empathy and attention. Kaine Law will do both of these things.
The Kaine Law Team will:
- Use our legal experience in Decatur as we handle your case
- Respond as quickly as possible to your calls and emails
- Answer all questions that you have about our firm
- Address any concerns that you have about your case
- Provide you direct access to your personal injury lawyer
- Show compassion in every interaction that we have with you and your loved ones
Motorcycle accident cases are one of our primary practice areas. Because we’ve represented many other motorcycle riders, we may understand the circumstances you find yourself in.
Clients Explain the Kaine Law Experience
Our former clients explain that Kaine Law practices what it promises:
- “I fired my old attorney and hired Attorney Evan Kaine because I got to speak with him directly, not just a case manager. Then he got me $50,000 when my old attorney said that my case was dead!” – D.L., former client
- “My first lawyer fired me and said that my case had a $0.00 value. I found Evan Kaine and he turned $0.00 into $50,000. Mr. Kaine helped me when I was down. He fought for me when no one else would. We need more lawyers like Evan Kaine.” – D.G., former client
- “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so. Overall great legal service.”- B.S., former client
- “If you are looking for an attorney that will always return your calls and work hard for you, HIRE EVAN.” – G.C., former client
Attorney Evan Kaine doesn’t serve clients on his own. We offer a team of paralegals and support staff, with each member committed to winning for clients. With us on your side, you won’t have to worry a bit about your case in Decatur.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Deserve the Help of One of Kaine Law’s Motorcycle Attorneys
While car accidents can be devastating, motorcyclists are more likely to suffer injury in a crash. If that happens, our motorcycle accident lawyers are standing by to serve you in Decatur. Contact Kaine Law today to receive your free consultation and get started on your case.