A catastrophic accident can change your life. The resulting pain and scarring may leave you with growing, possibly lifelong, medical bills. You might even have to take a long leave of absence from work or may not be able to ever return.
Our Decatur personal injury lawyer can help you recover related losses from the person or entity whose negligence led to your accident. At Kaine Law, we will review your case at no cost and fight hard for the compensation you need and deserve.
Damages Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Will Fight to Recover for You
The costs of treating a catastrophic injury start right at the accident scene and continue until you reach maximum medical improvement. If you require lifelong care, we fight for appropriate compensation.
On your behalf, our Decatur personal injury lawyer will request current and future medical bills, including emergency room fees, assistive medical devices, hospital stays, surgical procedures, rehab, and therapy. Additional recoverable economic damages can include:
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages we request on your behalf include:
- Physical impairment
- Lasting disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We can request wrongful death damages for family members who have lost a loved one to a catastrophic injury. These damages typically include the costs your family incurred for your loved one’s funeral and burial, loss of their financial and familial support, and loss of consortium, companionship, support, and guidance.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Lawsuit in Decatur
Recovering compensation after a negligence-based accident is a time-sensitive legal matter. In general, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 gives you two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit or your family two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our catastrophic injury attorney can help you meet the appropriate statute of limitations and avoid the costly consequences of not complying with it.
Know What Constitutes a Catastrophic Injury
A catastrophic injury can have long-term repercussions, change your physical appearance and abilities, or require extensive medical and therapeutic treatment. They can include:
- Limb or digit amputation
- Permanent blindness
- Serious organ damage
- Severe or widespread burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Each of these injuries can require multiple surgeries or extensive rehabilitation or cause a physical change that affects the injured person for the rest of their life.
Proving Liability in Your Catastrophic Injury Case
To recover damages, you have to prove the at-fault party’s actions were negligent. This means showing:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Our law firm can establish these elements and build the strongest possible case for you if you were injured in one of the following ways:
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dog bite or attack cases
- Fire-related accidents
- Golf cart accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Product liability cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Train accidents
- Workplace accidents
We will build your evidence file and submit it to the at-fault party and their insurance provider in an organized fashion. Part of that includes sending a demand letter and supporting you throughout the settlement negotiation process.
Leave Evidence Collection to Our Results-Driven Legal Team
The evidence we collect for you will vary based on the type of accident you were involved in. Your evidence file could contain:
- Accident and incident reports
- Medical records and bills
- Job and salary history records
- Accident scene and injury photos
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Accident scene reconstruction
Your evidence file can lead your case toward a financial settlement and away from a trial. We will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. Instead, we handle this time-consuming task so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
How Our Catastrophic Injury Attorney Builds Your Case
When you turn to our team at Kaine Law for legal guidance and direction, our catastrophic injury lawyer serving Decatur can:
- Determine the monetary value of your case
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Compile the documents that prove your case
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit case-related paperwork
- Answer your legal questions and concerns
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
We care about every client we represent, so we treat you like an individual, not a case file. We focus on personal injury cases and fight hard for you and your family.
Reviews and Accolades From Previous Clients
When clients we represented in the past talk about our legal service and support, they say:
- M.T.: I was involved in an auto-accident with a drunk driver and after several weeks of frustrating interactions with their insurance company, I decided to contact Evan Kaine. He was upfront and honest…[and] understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses that I incurred.
- B.S.: Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough…I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so.
Browse our testimonials page to see what other clients say about our commitment to providing outstanding client service.
Decatur Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Contact Kaine Law to Start Your Decator Catastrophic Injury Case
Were you or someone you love injured in a negligence-based accident? If so, our Decatur catastrophic injury lawyer can help. We will pursue compensation and negotiate the best possible settlement for you.
Contact Kaine Law to get started fighting for your rights today.