All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are very popular with people who enjoy driving off-road. However, it is important to remember that such vehicles should be driven with care: they are heavy and, if involved in an accident, can cause catastrophic damage.
If you or someone you love was injured in an ATV accident, a Decatur personal injury lawyer with Kaine Law wants the chance to help. Instead of trying to take legal action on your own, you could do so with guidance from a legal professional who cares deeply about helping you get your life back on track.
Our Decatur Lawyers Can Take Action for You After an ATV Accident
One of our personal injury lawyers in Decatur can fight for the damages you and your family deserve after an ATV accident. We are ready and willing to take care of everything related to your case, including:
- Offering a free case review even before you hire us—all you have to do to claim it is to call our office
- Managing all communications, including paperwork, phone calls, texts, faxes, and emails
- Collecting all available evidence to show what kinds of injuries you sustained and how the liable party caused them
- Advising you on which legal decisions to make and how to respond to various requests from the at-fault party’s team
- Quantifying your economic (financial) and non-economic (bodily) injuries to figure out how much compensation you should ask for
- Negotiating for a fair settlement or fighting hard for a jury award, depending on which strategy we feel would be best in your case
- Updating you throughout your case with information on what is happening and what you can do about each development
Always remember that you usually have just two years from the accident date to begin a lawsuit. This deadline, codified at O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, gives you enough time to consider your options and take appropriate action—but only if you speak to our firm now while we can still create a plan for pursuing compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a atv accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
What Your ATV Accident Compensation Could Include
Who do you seek compensation from after an ATV accident? That depends on what the evidence shows in terms of:
- Who had a duty of care towards you—that is, a responsibility to protect you through cautious, lawful behavior
- Who breached their duty of care through recklessness or negligence
- How negligence caused or significantly contributed to the accident
- How the accident caused your life-altering physical, financial, and emotional damages
Once we complete our investigation into your crash, we should have a much clearer picture of who the liable parties are and how much they owe you for:
- Disability: ATV accident injuries are often disabling. They can temporarily or permanently cost you the full use of any body part or, in the case of head injuries, your brain.
- Loss of consortium: A serious injury can also have a serious impact on your relationship with your spouse or another close relative.
- Pain and suffering: It might sound obvious, but accidents cause their victims a great deal of physical and mental distress. This, in turn, can affect your health and your quality of life.
- Property damage: No matter what kind of vehicle you were driving, if it sustained damage in the accident, you may have needed to pay for repairs. In extreme cases, you might have had to pay for an entirely new vehicle.
- Lost income: If you could not work because of your injury—or if you will be unable to work in the future due to lingering symptoms—your ATV accident could have long-term consequences for your family’s financial stability.
- Medical bills: ATV accident injuries could force you to go to the hospital, take medication, make appointments with specialists, use assistive devices like crutches, and so on.
The amount of your settlement or jury award is very specific to your case and how much you have suffered. In one ATV accident case, we recovered $500,000 for our client. Now, we can calculate how much your case is worth and fight relentlessly to get you that money.
Decatur ATV Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Dealing With Challenges After an ATV Accident in Decatur
Seeking compensation after an ATV accident is not always easy. Your case might be more complex if:
- There are multiple insurers: You could find yourself dealing with both your own insurer and the insurer covering the ATV driver. The topic of ATV coverage can itself be quite complicated since there are different ways of insuring this type of vehicle.
- The other party sues you: What do you do if the other driver decides to sue you for damages? Let us handle this situation. We can work hard to disprove their case.
- The insurer does not cooperate: Sometimes, an insurer will be happy to negotiate, if only in the hopes that it will end the case sooner. If they do not, you could have a much harder time recovering compensation from them.
Trying to deal with such challenges on your own while you are still recovering from the accident would be stressful and unnecessary. Our Decatur ATV accident lawyer can take the pressure off by managing your case and any complications that arise.
While we work hard on your behalf, you would get the chance to:
- Ask us any questions you have about your accident, your case, or the law in general
- Recuperate in peace, knowing that a compassionate and qualified professional is handling your lawsuit
- Focus on receiving medical care and healing from the injury as fast and as thoroughly as possible
Click to contact our ATV Accidents lawyers today
Our ATV Accident Attorneys Serve Decatur and Beyond
At Kaine Law, we are devoted to helping personal injury survivors in Georgia. We do this by assigning attorneys like our Decatur ATV accident lawyer to fight hard on the survivor’s behalf for both justice and fair compensation. Call today for a free case evaluation and to see how we treat each and every client with dignity.