You could work with a Decatur swimming pool accident lawyer if you or a loved one got injured in or around someone else’s pool and the accident was not your fault. A Decatur personal injury lawyer could handle your claim for compensation, giving you time to focus on recovering.
How a Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Whether you or a close relative got injured at someone else’s pool in a diving accident, drowning, near drowning, slip and fall, or some other accident that was not your fault, a Decatur swimming pool attorney could handle your injury claim.
This is a brief overview of the tasks we perform on behalf of our swimming pool accident clients:
- We will investigate the swimming pool accident to uncover all the potential defendants who might have caused or contributed to the accident that injured you.
- As part of our investigation, we will collect evidence to support your claim for compensation and bill your case against the defendant.
- After establishing which party or parties were at fault in the accident, we will work with their liability insurance company and provide the information needed to evaluate your claim. Doing so allows you to avoid constant requests from the insurer for this data.
- After the insurer has enough information to determine the financial worth of your claim and we have gathered the evidence needed to support your request for compensation, we will negotiate with the insurance company in an attempt to reach a fair settlement.
- If we decide that it is appropriate to do so, we can file a lawsuit.
- Even after filing a lawsuit, we will continue negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company throughout the litigation process. Most cases settle without the need for a trial.
When our lawyers handle your swimming pool accident injury claim, you can get the rest you need to recuperate and rebuild your life.
For a free legal consultation with a swimming pool accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Recoverable Damages in Decatur Pool Accident Cases
Georgia law does not provide a default amount of compensation in Decatur swimming pool accident cases. The types of monetary damages you could pursue from the at-fault party for your losses will depend on the specific details of your situation.
Here are some of the common categories of monetary damages people typically seek from the negligent party after a Decatur pool accident:
- Medical expenses. The reasonable cost of the medical treatment you needed for your injuries is typically compensable. These costs can include the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospitals, operations, x-rays, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other related expenses.
- Future medical bills. Your treating physician might anticipate that you will need additional procedures or ongoing healthcare services because of the nature of your injuries. We will need to include this cost in your claim or lawsuit because we will not be allowed to file a new claim or lawsuit for additional damages from this accident.
- Lost wages. You have lost wages if your employer did not pay you your usual wages or salary when you could not work because of your injuries.
- Future lost wages. You might be unable to work such long hours or fulfill the duties of your previous position because of permanent limitations from your injuries. If you have to reduce your working hours or take a lower-paying job, you will have future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. Most people experience physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress with severe injuries from a swimming pool accident.
- Other intangible damages. This category can include things like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain and depression, and a loss of enjoyment of life if you cannot engage in activities you used to enjoy before the swimming pool accident.
If your close relative died because of a swimming pool accident in Decatur, we can file a wrongful death claim seeking additional compensation for the family.
Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Why Kaine Law Is the Right Law Firm for Your Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Case
You deserve a law firm with a great reputation and results. Attorney Evan Kaine has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Our firm focuses on personal injury cases so that we can fight for victims and their families who get hurt because of someone else’s negligence.
Click to contact our Swimming Pool Accidents lawyers today
How You Can Afford to Hire Kaine Law for Your Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Claim
Regardless of how much money you have, you can afford to hire Kaine Law to handle your Decatur swimming pool accident case. We will not require you to deposit any money for your legal fees or pay any attorney fees while your claim is pending.
We use a contingency fee arrangement, which means our Decatur pool accident lawyer will receive a percentage of your settlement or court award. If you do not win compensation, you will not have to pay us any money for attorney fees. We also offer a free initial consultation with no obligation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Georgia’s Filing Deadline for Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Cases
Please do not wait too long to contact us about your Decatur pool accident case. Georgia’s statute of limitations requires you to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the accident, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
The deadline is even shorter for a claim against a city. In this situation, you must file a claim within six months, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
If you fail to meet the filing deadline, you will lose all rights to compensation from the at-fault party.
How to Get Help on Your Case from a Decatur Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer at Kaine Law
Contact us today for a free initial consultation on your Decatur swimming pool accident case. We would be happy to talk to you at no charge or obligation. Come find out why our clients are so pleased with our services. We pledge to treat you with compassion and respect.