If you were hurt in a bus accident, you are likely experiencing financial hardship caused by medical bills and other losses caused by the accident. The Decatur bus accident lawyers at Kaine Law can help you file a personal injury claim and fight for compensation for damages like medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost income.
Being involved in a bus crash is frightening and overwhelming. Many people in this situation are unaware of their rights and unsure of what to do next. Let our team provide the legal support and advocacy you need.
Our Decatur Bus Accident Lawyers Can File a Claim for Monetary Damages on Your Behalf
The last thing anyone expects when they board a bus or get into their car is to be involved in a collision. Bus accidents often lead to severe injuries, both physical and mental. The experience can be traumatic and costly.
We Can Pursue Economic and Non-economic Damages
Our team represents injured bus passengers as well as occupants of other vehicles involved in a bus crash. Accidents involving large buses often lead to catastrophic injuries and overwhelming costs. If you are currently dealing with the aftermath of a bus crash, you do not have to face this situation alone.
We may be able to secure compensation for your economic damages and non-economic damages resulting from the bus crash, including:
- Past and future medical expenses – Bus accident victims often need hospital care and ongoing medical treatment. The cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, x-rays, and rehabilitative care can be extraordinary. Fortunately, bus accident victims may be able to receive compensation for their past and future medical expenses related to the crash.
- Lost income – Being injured in a bus collision will likely result in missed work. Compensation for the wages you lost while recovering from injuries may also be available.
- Lost earning capacity – If your accident left you disabled or with a reduced ability to work, you may be entitled to reimbursement for the harm the crash injuries caused to your earning capacity.
- Property damages – If your vehicle was involved in a crash with a bus, it is likely totaled or needs repairs. Bus accident victims may be able to recover compensation for these expenses.
- Non-economic damages – Physical pain, emotional distress, disfigurement, disability, and loss of enjoyment of life are some of the non-economic damages Georgia law allows accident victims to recover.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Benefits of Working with a Decatur Bus Accident Lawyer from Kaine Law
Kaine Law is committed to providing exceptional legal representation for victims of bus accidents in Decatur. We understand how daunting dealing with insurance companies and municipalities can be and will do all we can to make the process as smooth as possible.
When you work with a Decatur bus accident attorney from Kaine Law, you can rest assured that:
- We offer free initial consultations to discuss your situation and tell you more about our services.
- Our no-fee guarantee means that you only pay if and when we recover compensation for you.
- We will aggressively fight for the highest possible settlement or award in your case.
- All communication between you and our firm is confidential.
- We provide detailed updates throughout the entire process so that you can stay informed.
- We will protect your legal rights and make sure you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company or other involved parties.
We Prioritize Client Service and Satisfaction
Client service is of utmost importance to the team at Kaine Law. We are dedicated to advocating on our client’s behalf and making the personal injury claim process as stress-free as possible. Read what some former clients have to say about us:
“Evan Kaine got me a settlement when my old attorney couldn’t. He went the extra mile for me.”
M.M., Conyers, Georgia
“I was in a minor car accident and wasn’t sure that I even had a case. I met with Evan and he explained the law in terms I could understand. I immediately hired him and Evan turned my questionable case into more than $50,000.00! Evan is upfront, honest and expects the same from his clients – and he doesn’t take half of your money! I highly recommend Attorney Evan Kaine.”
G.S., Smyrna, Georgia
“Mr. Kaine and his staff are good people. They work hard to help those who need help during tough times. I am so happy to have found Mr. Kaine and to call him and his office friends.”
R.H., Aragon, Georgia
Our Team Can Handle the Complexities of a Bus Accident Case
Being involved in a collision involving a bus is unlike a typical auto accident, and the personal injury claim process is much more complex. Many buses are owned and operated by cities and other government entities. This means that there are special rules regarding how and when an injury claim may be filed.
Commercial bus accident injury cases in Georgia are subject to a two-year statute of limitations per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This means that accident victims only have two years to finalize any investigations and evidence-gathering and file a lawsuit.
However, the deadline is much shorter if the bus is owned by a city, state, or county. Individuals who intend to sue a government entity have only six months to do so, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
We Can Help You Prove Liability and Damages
To recover financial compensation for damages caused in a bus crash caused by another party’s negligence, four specific elements must be proven:
- Duty of Care
- Breach of Duty
Determining the liable party and demonstrating that the party’s breach of duty caused the crash is one of the most complex parts of building a successful injury claim. Fortunately, our team is up to the task.
Liability for a bus accident may fall to multiple parties, including:
- The bus driver – Bus drivers may cause an accident because they are using a cell phone behind the wheel, driving while intoxicated, or operating the bus in an unsafe manner.
- A government entity – If a city or state bus driver causes a crash, the government entity employing the bus driver is typically liable for damages.
- The bus company – The bus company may be liable if negligent hiring practices or other forms of negligence lead to a crash. For example, suppose the bus company failed to screen job applicants properly and hired someone with a history of drunk driving. In that case, the bus company may be liable for an accident caused by an intoxicated bus driver. Bus companies are typically liable for the actions of their employees, including bus drivers.
The team at Kaine Law can launch a detailed investigation into the bus crash and find out why the crash occurred and who is responsible. We will then work to hold that party accountable for the damages you suffered.
Decatur Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Call Our Decatur Bus Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one was involved in a bus accident, our Decatur bus accident lawyers can help you fight for monetary compensation. Our team has multiple decades of experience, and we are ready to fight for you and your family.
Call Kaine Law today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you in DeKalb County.