A Decatur deck collapse accident lawyer could help you pursue a claim for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses from the negligent party if you got injured in an accident that was not your fault. You could have a Decatur personal injury lawyer handle your case while you devote your attention to healing.
Why Kaine Law Is Right for Your Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Case
Attorney Evan Kaine has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He brings his reputation and results to every case he handles. You deserve dedicated legal representation for your Decatur deck collapse accident claim.
At Kaine Law, we focus on personal injury cases to fight for victims and their families. We care about our clients and the outcome of their cases. Our clients are never just numbers to us.
For a free legal consultation with a deck collapse accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Monetary Damages in Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Cases
A deck collapse can cause debilitating injuries, particularly if the victim falls from a height. Your injury claim could include items like these:
- Lost wages. People often need time away from work to recuperate from severe injuries. If your boss did not pay you the full amount of your usual wages or salary, you may have a claim for lost wages.
- Future lost wages. Even after you achieve the maximum medical improvement your treating physician expects, you still might have permanent limitations from your wounds. If these impairments impact your ability to make a living, you might have damages for future lost wages.
- Medical expenses. Personal injury claimants can often recover the cost of their medical treatment for their injuries from the at-fault party. This category could include the ambulance, trauma center, doctors, hospitals, surgery, blood transfusions, lab work, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and pain management.
- Future medical expenses. If your doctor anticipates that you will need additional procedures or treatment in the future for your wounds, we can include the anticipated costs of those treatments in your claim.
- Pain and suffering. Merely getting your medical bills paid is not full compensation for what you endured. This category of noneconomic damages covers the physical discomfort, emotional distress, and inconvenience of the accident and your injuries.
- Other intangible losses. You might have additional intangible losses, like disfigurement from extensive scars, chronic pain, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or the loss of enjoyment of life.
If your loved one died because of a Decatur deck collapse accident, we might be able to pursue a wrongful death claim for additional compensation for the family.
Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How a Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Deck collapse accidents are tricky. It can be challenging to prove what act of negligence caused the deck to collapse and who could be responsible for your injuries. You would not want to try to handle your Decatur deck collapse injury claim on your own without a lawyer.
When you work with a Decatur deck collapse accident lawyer from Kaine Law, we will handle many tasks on your behalf. A few examples of these responsibilities include:
- We will thoroughly investigate the deck collapse to determine liability. This investigation might require the use of expert witnesses like engineers.
- As we investigate, we will gather evidence that can prove the fault of the negligent party and build your case for monetary damages for your losses.
- Some of the evidence we collect may include your employment records to establish the amount of your lost wages and your medical records to show what treatments you needed for your wounds and how much they cost.
- We will share information with the defendant’s insurance company to keep the claim process moving. When you have a Decatur deck injury attorney representing you on your injury claim, the insurance company is not supposed to contact you directly to ask for this information or for any other purpose.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company to try to settle your injury claim for a fair amount.
- If the insurance company will not pay a reasonable amount to settle your claim, we can file a lawsuit, if appropriate.
- If necessary, we will prepare for and handle the trial of your personal injury lawsuit. Still, we will continue negotiating with the defendant’s insurer because most of these cases settle before reaching the courtroom.
You will get to rest and recuperate from your wounds because we will take care of the legal matters of your claim for you.
Click to contact our Deck Collapse Accidents lawyers today
The Filing Deadline for Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Cases
Georgia law can and likely will deny your right to seek compensation from the at-fault party if you miss the filing deadline. This filing deadline, also called the statute of limitations, for personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits in our state is two years, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
If your claim includes allegations of negligence against a city, the deadline is only six months, according to O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5. After the applicable deadline expires, Georgia law will bar you from pursuing compensation for your injuries and other losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Contingency Fees Mean in Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Claims
You do not have to be wealthy to get help with your Decatur deck collapse accident case. We handle personal injury claims on a contingency-fee basis. With this fee arrangement, you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees.
Also, our no-fee guarantee, which appears in our contract with you, states that you do not owe your Decatur deck collapse attorney any fees unless you win compensation. At that point, our legal fees will come from your settlement or court award as a percentage.
How to Get Help With Your Case from a Decatur Deck Collapse Accident Lawyer at Kaine Law
At Kaine Law, we know this is a trying time for you and your family. We treat our clients with compassion and respect. We promise to work relentlessly to get you all the compensation you deserve for your injuries from the at-fault party. We truly care about our clients.
We offer a free initial consultation with no application. All you need to do is reach out to us to get started.