If you or a loved one was in an accident with a negligent truck driver, the Decatur truck accident lawyers at Kaine Law can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other related losses.
Litigation in truck accident personal injury cases can be stressful. Large companies devote substantial time and finances to defending any claims brought against them. You can learn about what to expect from the process and how a Decatur personal injury lawyer can help in a free consultation.
Potential Compensation After a Truck Accident in Decatur
Without a careful examination of the facts of your case, it is difficult to place an exact figure on the amount of compensation you could recover. However, it is fair to say complex injuries tend to result in higher settlements or verdicts. Compensation is typically awarded for losses such as:
- Immediate medical bills for surgeries, medication, and more
- Rehabilitation costs and ongoing care
- Lost wages and coverage if your employment is affected
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
If the accident caused the loss of a loved one, our legal team can help you as a surviving beneficiary. We hold responsible parties accountable for their actions by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our truck accident lawyers have many years of experience dealing with all types of auto accident claims. We provide unwavering legal support to ensure you receive the compensation that reflects your injuries and your circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
The Importance of an Accurate Financial Assessment of Your Injuries
Catastrophic and severe injuries are unfortunately a common occurrence in truck accidents. Victims of these life-changing events are often forced into a position where their employment is significantly affected, or returning to work is no longer an option.
In these cases, you may qualify for future medical expenses and reduced earning capacity. It’s important that you secure evidence from your doctors to prove the extent of your injuries and how they will affect you long term. You do not want to be left footing the bill for someone else’s negligence.
Decatur Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Our Lawyers Can Help You Build a Strong Case
Our truck accident attorneys can help you investigate who or what caused the accident and gather and preserve the evidence necessary to support findings from the investigation. Other services provided to support our clients include:
- Obtaining information held with the trucking company, such as vehicle inspection logs, data from onboard devices, and employee records.
- Estimating the financial impact of your injuries and other losses associated with the accident, to include current and future damages.
- Filing your injury claim within the permitted time frame
- Answering your questions and keeping you updated about your case progression
- Negotiating with insurance companies or their legal representatives
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Representing you in court, where necessary
- Managing your case on a contingency-fee basis
The aftermath of an accident can leave you with any questions about claiming compensation. We are available 24/7 to help you discuss your legal options in a free case evaluation.
Click to contact our Truck Accidents lawyers today
We will Seek Compensation from All Liable Parties
In a truck accident case, the onus is on you to prove who is responsible for causing or contributing to the accident. In many accidents of this nature, multiple parties can be liable for your injuries, including:
- The driver
- The haulage company
- Third-party vendors providing services to the carrier
- Local government authorities responsible for highway maintenance
- A truck or parts manufacturer
Vicarious Liability in Truck Accident Cases
Simply put, vicarious liability is a concept that means an employer can be held liable for any negligent actions its employees take within the scope of their job. So, for example, if the truck driver has an accident, the employer indirectly shares liability for any injuries or losses caused.
Our investigation can help determine if the trucking company is directly responsible or vicariously liable for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Examples of Negligence in Large Rig Collisions
While human error accounts for most auto accidents, truck accidents can be caused by different factors involving several parties. Common reasons can include:
- Driving outside of the legal requirements and failing to take rest breaks
- Speeding and other traffic violations due to unreasonable or incentivized delivery schedules
- Ignoring traffic controls, signs, or signals
- Driving while under the influence of illegal or prescription drugs
- Distracted driving from smartphones or in-cab technologies, for example
- Failure to conduct safety vehicle checks
Other contributing factors involve:
- Errors loading or securing cargo
- Poor road conditions
- Mechanical failure
- Improper fleet maintenance
Whatever the circumstances of the accident, our legal team can help you navigate the complex legal process. You should not have to worry about standing against a large organization alone. Instead, let us help you shoulder the legal responsibility so that you can properly focus on your recovery.
Time is Essential in Truck Accident Injury Cases in Decatur
Taking effective action promptly is important in truck accident injury cases. Challenges can arise when accessing or preserving vital evidence to support your case. Witnesses can forget essential details over time, and insurance companies have many strategies to protect their interests.
It is also essential to be aware of the strict limitations imposed by O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. This law gives the injured party two years from the injury date to begin legal proceedings. The same time limit also applies to surviving beneficiaries of the fatally injured truck accident victim via a wrongful death lawsuit.
Kaine Law Can Help You Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If you or a loved one was seriously injured by a negligent truck driver or trucking company, the legal team at Kaine Law can handle all aspects of your case. We take the time to understand the challenges you face at this difficult time and work hard to make the legal process as stress-free as possible.
Our top priority is helping you get your life back on track by fighting for the compensation you deserve. We take pride in delivering outstanding service to our clients. To find out more about us and how we can help, call for a free case evaluation at (404) 214-2001 today.