If you suffered serious injuries in an accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another, you may be wondering what legal options are available to you. You may have the opportunity to file claims with the insurance company and pursue civil action against those responsible for your injuries.
A Union City personal injury lawyer at Kaine Law could help you get through these difficult times. During your free consultation, our personal injury team can explain the steps to help secure maximum compensation for your damages.
Compensation for Personal Injury Victims in Union City
Kaine Law can manage your personal injury case. Our mission is to help injured people in Georgia get the money they need to pay for their losses.
A Union City personal injury lawyer can help you get reimbursement for the following:
- Medical bills: Including the cost of medications, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures
- Lost wages: Bonuses, employee benefits, tips, and paid time off
- Loss of future earning ability: If your injuries affect your earning power
- Pain and suffering: Which compensates you for your physical pain and emotional trauma
- Disability: If your condition is expected to impact your life in the long-term
- Scarring and disfigurement: If your injuries will permanently alter your appearance
We are confident that our network of resources, experience, and problem-solving skills can work to resolve your case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Union City, call 404-214-2001
Kaine Law Has a Wide Array of Practice Areas
Our team has experience handling many different types of personal injury cases, including:
- Automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Property damage and diminished value claims
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Golf cart accidents
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Product liability
- Workers’ compensation
Our goal in each of these cases is to prove that you deserve compensation for your damages. Even if you do not see your particular situation on this list, we encourage you to reach out to our team. We can listen to your story and explain whether we can help you.
Union City Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We Handle Personal Injury Cases on a Contingency-fee Basis
You do not need to worry about how you will pay for a lawyer. Kaine Law works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- You do not pay your lawyer until your case reaches its successful conclusion.
- You pay us out of the funds we get for you via a settlement or court award.
- If we do not win your case, you do not pay our attorney’s fees.
- We are committed to securing a fair and just outcome for your case.
Click to contact our Personal Injury lawyers today
Kaine Law Gets Results
We have secured millions of dollars for our clients. In each of these cases, we were successfully able to prove the required elements of their cases.
Some outcomes of our cases have included:
- $11 million verdict for a car accident. In this case, we were able to utilize evidence to prove that our client deserved compensation.
- $5.5 million award for a motor vehicle collision. We were able to identify the liable party and file the case within the appropriate statute of limitations.
- $4.32 million verdict for a drunk driving accident. Our findings were able to prove that our client was injured due to negligence and deserved compensation.
- We were also able to secure $2.7 million for a person injured in a bar fight. While these numbers do not guarantee a certain outcome for you, they are intended to demonstrate our winning track record. Kaine Law has the tools you want to resolve your legal disputes.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
File Your Case in Line with Union City’s Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations in your case will depend on the details of your case. Most claimants will have two years from the dates of their accidents to file their lawsuits, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Yet, the following details could give you more or less time to take action:
- You were (or your family member was) hurt while under the age of 18.
- The at-fault party left the state to evade legal action.
- You did not discover your injuries when the accident initially happened.
- You are filing a lawsuit against the city, county, or state.
Kaine Law is prepared to take on your case and explain how the statute of limitations affects your ability to recover damages. If any circumstances give you time beyond the standard two years, we will explain them to you.
A Union City Personal Injury Lawyer Can Prove Negligence
Most personal injury cases (with the exception of product liability cases) require you to prove negligence. However, you do not need to worry about those details with us on your side. That is because Kaine Law is no stranger to proving negligence.
To secure reimbursement for your losses, we must establish:
- The other party had a duty of care toward you. This means that they had a civil obligation to keep you from getting hurt.
- The other party did not follow through with their duty of care, meaning they engaged in risky behavior or failed to take action.
- The other party’s actions caused your accident. However, even if you were partially responsible for what happened, you could still pursue damages according to C.G.A. § 51-12-33.
- You have damages because of the accident. These damages must be financial in nature. You cannot build your case on pain and suffering alone.
While proving negligence may seem relatively straightforward, your case could be fraught with obstacles. Yet, our team has no problem tackling these potential issues.
Union City Personal Injury FAQ
The personal injury claims process can be confusing. You may be overwhelmed by everything you don’t know. To give you the information you need to make an educated decision about moving forward with your case, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions regarding personal injury claims in Union City below.
If you have additional questions that we did not answer on this page, contact our office to further discuss your concerns.
What Happens If My Child Is Injured in an Accident?
If your child was injured in an accident caused by someone else, they still have the right to financial compensation. Your child’s life could be changed forever due to the severity of their injuries.
As their parent or legal guardian, it is your responsibility to stand up and advocate for their rights. With help from a personal injury attorney in Union City, you can ensure they are compensated for every loss.
Can I Sue For a Fatal Injury?
If someone you love passed away due to an injury caused by someone else’s negligence or misconduct, you may have the opportunity to file a wrongful death lawsuit against them. Only certain individuals have the authority to file wrongful death claims.
There may be specific damages surviving family members may be entitled to recover. Contact a Union City personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options going forward.
Should I Accept an Offer From the Insurance Company?
It is never a good idea to accept an offer from the insurance company without first discussing it with your personal injury attorney serving Union City. Insurance companies are known for taking advantage of injury victims in their greatest time of need.
It is not uncommon for insurers to use unscrupulous tactics like making insultingly low offers or manipulating statements given to them by claimants. When the insurance company makes you an offer, especially if they make it soon after you file your claim, chances are they recognize what your claim is worth.
In the hopes of avoiding paying out maximum compensation for your damages, they believe they can tempt you into accepting an offer worth far less because you are struggling financially. Fortunately, you could avoid being taken advantage of in this way by having your personal injury lawyer serving Union City handle the negotiation process for you.
Are You in Pain? Call Kaine Law
With our 40 years of collective experience, our team is ready to break ground on your personal injury case. A Union City personal injury lawyer can:
- Determine the cause of your accident
- Evaluate the cost of your past, present, and future injury-related damages
- Prove negligence
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable insurer
- File a lawsuit in court (if we cannot resolve your case with the insurance company)
You can learn more about your legal options during a free case review. By calling us today, you can connect with our team for free. We can talk about your injuries, the cost of your losses, and how you were hurt.