A Union City car accident lawyer from our team can seek compensation for your collision-related damages. We can help even if you have no idea where to begin, who is responsible for your losses, or what your damages are worth.
Prompt legal action is important. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 says that you generally have two years to file your car accident lawsuit. By failing to meet this deadline, you risk losing your chance to seek damages. Kaine Law provides free case evaluations at no risk or obligation.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our firm does more than offer complimentary consultations. We also provide legal help on a contingency-fee basis. In this arrangement:
- You pay nothing at the beginning of your case.
- We take our attorney’s fees as a percentage of your final settlement or judgment.
- We pay for your case’s filing and consulting until it’s resolved.
We don’t want the cost of legal aid to add to your financial hardships. With our help, you could secure damages at no cost to you.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Union City, call 404-214-2001
How Our Firm Serving Union City Can Serve You
Our number one goal is to secure compensation for your injury-related losses. We will use our network of field experts, legal insight, and commitment to prove your case.
We can support your right to damages by:
Gathering Evidence to Prove Your Side of the Story
We can use the following pieces of information to supplement your car accident case:
- Your medical history
- Testimony from your healthcare team and those personally close to you
- Your imaging scans
- The names of your prescriptions and necessary treatments
- Footage of the incident itself
- Information from accident reconstruction specialists
We will request a copy of the police report through Union City’s resources to get an idea of what happened. Additionally, we encourage you to document your recovery period, as this information can also be helpful.
Calculating the Cost of Your Expenses
You may have many damages stemming from your car accident – some of which may not come with clear dollar values. Our team can calculate your damages by:
- Consulting with economists
- Reviewing your medical bills, wage statements, and employment records
- Examining the severity of your injuries
By understanding the cost of your expenses, Kaine Law can work toward getting you a fair settlement.
Determining the Cause of Your Accident
To secure damages, you generally must prove negligence. This requires establishing the cause of your accident.
Earlier, we talked about what evidence could support your personal injury case. After reviewing that information, we may find that one or more of the following factors contributed to your collision:
- Distracted driving (like texting)
- Intoxicated driving
- Road rage
- Improper lane changes
- Failing to yield to the right-of-way
- Disobeying traffic signals
We must show that the other party’s role in the accident was primarily responsible for your losses. Do not let your own concerns about your part in the collision prevent you from seeking compensation. O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33 could still allow you to seek damages.
Union City Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Injured in Fulton County? We Can Answer Your Questions
You may have many questions on your mind as you decide whether to work with our team. We want to be a valuable resource in your fight for fair compensation.
Here are some questions our clients have asked us:
What Types of Damages Can I Expect to Recover?
The answer to this question really depends on your situation. Ultimately, the types of damages you can recover will depend on the types of injuries you sustained, the medical attention you required, and whether you will need ongoing care.
In general, however, some types of damages that you can recover include:
- The reasonable cost of your past and future healthcare expenses
- Lost wages and reduced future earning capacity
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses
- Physical therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You could be looking at a different set of damages if you lost a loved one. In that case, you can recover funeral costs, final medical care, and loss of consortium.
What Happens If the Other Driver Was Uninsured?
This is not a problem for Kaine Law. You have financial recovery options even if the other driver did not have insurance coverage.
When you purchased your own auto insurance policy, the insurer was required to offer you uninsured motorist protection coverage, according to O.C.G.A. § 33-7-11. You might have this coverage without even knowing it.
We can work with your insurance company to recover compensation for your losses. If this does not work out, we can file a lawsuit against the negligent driver. However, we must abide by Georgia’s civil statute of limitations.
What Types of Injuries Are Compensable?
Do not write your injuries off as minor without speaking to a doctor first. They can provide more information about your condition and the cost of your medical bills. However, your car accident lawyer in Union City could provide more information about whether your condition is compensable.
Some injuries that we have recovered compensation for include:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts and lacerations
- Sprains and strains
- Ligament tears
We can gather medical evidence to show the insurance company that your injuries merit a settlement.
What Happens If the Statute of Limitations Runs Out on My Case?
If the statute of limitations runs out on your case, you could be prevented from recovering compensation. The defendant’s legal team could file for dismissal because you filed your case late, and the judge could grant it.
However, Kaine Law can explain whether any circumstances give you more time to take action.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Take a Look at Our Previous Successes
Our firm has decades of collective experience advocating for injured people. We are members of the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocate Forum, and we are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Additionally, we have secured these (and other) outcomes:
- $11 million for a car accident claimant
- $5.75 million for a motor vehicle accident claimant
- $4.32 million for a claimant who was injured due to a drunk driver
- $900,000 for a car accident claimant
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients in Georgia Love Us
Right now, we have a 4.8-star rating on Google based on the testimonials of over 250 people. Below are some of the things our former clients have shared about us:
- “My first lawyer fired me and said that my case had $0.00 value. I found Evan Kaine and he turned $0.00 into $50,000. Mr. Kaine helped me when I was down. He fought for me when no one else would. We need more lawyers like Evan Kaine.” – D.G., Stone Mountain, Georgia
- “In October 2008, after being hit by a wrong-way driver, I hired Evan to represent me in a lawsuit. Evan is brutally honest. I didn’t always like the reality of his advice but at the end of the day, he set realistic expectations and got me a great settlement. Evan is the bulldog you don’t see coming.” – D.G., Cumming, Georgia
- “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle.” – B.S., Roswell, Georgia
Connect with Our Lawyers Serving Union City Today
By contacting our team, you can learn more about working with us. To discuss your legal options, dial (404) 214-2001.