Pedestrian accidents can result in severe and fatal injuries for the party on foot. If a negligent driver caused your accident, a Union City personal injury lawyer with Kaine Law can help you fight for compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
The Union City Area Has a High Rate of Pedestrian Accidents
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, more than half of all pedestrian accidents in Georgia occur in the Atlanta region, which includes Union City. In fact, more pedestrian accidents and fatalities happen in Fulton County than anywhere else in the state.
If your pedestrian accident was not your fault, you should not have to pay for expensive medical care or other damages. Our personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for medical treatment and losses stemming from:
- Face, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Loss of a limb or body party
- Spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Burns, cuts, sprains, and strains
- Mental and emotional trauma
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Union City, call 404-214-2001
We Can Recover the Awards You Need to Get Back on Your Feet
Though our firm assists with a range of cases, Kaine Law focuses on serving those injured in car, truck, and automobile accidents. We know how a severe injury can change your life – affecting you physically, mentally, and financially.
We believe that when people hurt others because of their negligence or wrongdoing, they should pay for the harm they caused. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to identify all of the awards owed to you and hold the liable party financially accountable. In general, we can seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical care: Our attorneys will pursue your current medical expenses and calculate a fair sum for your future accident-related treatment. We can seek reimbursement for doctor and hospital fees, rehabilitation, long-term care services, surgeries, medications, and other necessary medical care.
- Pain and suffering: You deserve compensation for the ways your accident and injuries affect your overall quality of life. Our lawyers will pursue awards for your physical pain, emotional suffering, mental anguish, and permanent and disabling injuries.
- Lost wages: A serious injury can mean weeks, months, or longer away from work. Your income should not suffer because of an injury you did not cause. We can pursue awards for lost wages, benefits, earnings, and tips. If you suffered a disabling injury, we can seek compensation for the loss of your future earning potential.
- Wrongful death: According to O.C.G.A. 51-4-1, if your loved one died from injuries caused by a negligent or criminal act, you can seek compensation for their wrongful death. In Georgia, a deceased’s spouse, children, or parents (in that order) can file suit. If the deceased has no eligible surviving family members, their personal representative can recover awards on behalf of the estate. Compensation may include the deceased’s medical bills, lost wages, funeral and burial expenses, and conscious pain and suffering. Survivors may also seek awards for the loss of their loved one’s care, support, companionship, and consortium. Our attorneys can tell you more about wrongful death actions.
You may have various other losses that we can help you pursue, including medical travel expenses, the value of lost household services, the cost of medically-necessary home renovations, and more. Our lawyers will review your accident-related expenditures and seek the maximum amount of compensation available in your case.
Union City Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Drivers Have a Legal Duty to Keep Pedestrians Safe
When drivers disobey traffic laws and engage in reckless behavior, they can hurt themselves and others. In fact, speeding and drinking and driving are two of the primary causes of pedestrian accidents and injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Other examples of negligent driving include:
- Failing to yield
- Making an improper turn
- Texting and driving
- Driving with broken or non-operational headlights or turn signals
- Failing to maintain lane position
- Failing to obey traffic lights and stop signs
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
However, negligent driving is not the only cause of pedestrian accidents. Bicyclists, construction workers, and even other pedestrians can contribute to accidents. Sometimes, the source of a pedestrian collision is a roadway defect, like a broken stoplight, or a vehicle problem, such as defective brakes or tires.
Click to contact our Pedestrian Accidents lawyers today
Proving Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Our team will investigate your accident and uncover its source. We will collect evidence, including police reports, eyewitness accounts, photographs, information from the scene, and available surveillance or cellphone footage.
During our decades in practice in Georgia, our firm has built a relationship with experts we can call on to testify on your behalf if needed. This includes medical professionals who can speak about your injuries and medical costs, accident reconstruction specialists, psychologists, and economists who can review your financial damages.
Our Union City pedestrian accident lawyers will build a case based on the four elements of negligence:
- The party responsible for your accident owed you a duty of care
- The liable party’s actions constituted a breach of duty
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- Your accident resulted in damages
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Take Action Before Time Runs Out
You must pursue your pedestrian accident case before the statute of limitations expires. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia. The clock starts at the time of your injury or your loved one’s death. However, you have less time if your case is against a city, state, or county government. Our attorneys can tell you more.
Contact Kaine Law for a Free Consultation
You do not have to stand up to insurance companies or sort through legal issues alone. We can assist you with every aspect of your insurance claim or lawsuit. Our team is dedicated to serving accident victims, and we are here to help you seek justice.
Call Kaine Law today for a risk-free case evaluation. A member of our team can answer your questions and tell you more about how we can take your case on contingency.