If you or someone you love was injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, then you may be able to seek compensation for your losses.
You don’t have to bear the costs of your injury on your own. An Austell personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you hold the other party accountable and help you seek a recovery for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You
A personal injury lawyer from our team can help you pursue compensation by investigating your case, negotiating on your behalf, and fighting for your compensation after someone else’s negligence leaves you injured.
We Will Determine What Happened in Your Accident
In order to determine who is responsible for your losses, we will investigate your case. We will uncover evidence to connect your injuries to someone else’s negligence.
We may suggest that more than one party is responsible for causing your accident. Responsible parties could include:
- A private individual or multiple individuals
- A private business or company
- A state or municipality
Once a personal injury lawyer from our team investigates your case, we will be able to advise you of your options so that you can make the best possible decision about pursuing compensation.
We Will Negotiate on Your Behalf
Once we have built your case with the evidence we uncovered through investigation, we will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. We will work for your best interests, fighting for the compensation you may need while you focus on recovering from your injuries with your loved ones.
If an insurance company tries to make you a lower offer than you may deserve, we will fight for fair compensation.
We Will Take Your Case to Court If Necessary
If it is not possible to negotiate with the insurance company for a fair amount, then we may advise you to pursue your legal options. This could mean taking your case to trial to advocate for your rights before a judge or jury.
This is why it can be important to find a trial lawyer to represent you who is not afraid of taking a case to court if necessary. We will see your case through from start to finish.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Austell, call 404-214-2001
Filing a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit in Georgia
Here is some information about how we will work to prove your personal injury case in Georgia and file a lawsuit.
Negligence and Damages in Personal Injury Cases
In order to pursue compensation for your losses, we will work to prove that the following criteria apply to your case.
- Duty of care: This means that the responsible party owed you a duty to keep you safe in some way.
- Breach of duty: This means that they failed in this duty, either due to their actions or their failure to act.
- Causation: This means that this failure to meet the duty of care caused your accident.
- Damages: This means that your accident caused you losses for which you can seek compensation.
Once we have proven that these circumstances apply to your case, you may be able to recover damages for your economic and non-economic losses caused by your accident and injuries.
This includes financial compensation for things like:
- Lost earnings
- Lost earning potential
- Medical expenses (both past and future)
- Property repair costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Your physical pain and mental and emotional suffering
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Georgia
According to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, the statute of limitations for bringing a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia is generally two years.
However, there may be circumstances that affect this time period. For example, if you only discovered your injury recently, you may have more time to file a lawsuit.
Your Austell personal injury lawyer will be able to take a look at the specifics of your case to see if you still have time to sue for damages.
Austell Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Can Handle
There are several forms of personal injury cases that you can file against a negligent party in order to recover damages. We can help you with the following:
- Car and other vehicle accidents: This includes truck, bus, and motorcycle accidents caused by negligent drivers. Negligent driving behaviors include drunk driving, drug-impaired driving, drowsy driving, distracted driving, and aggressive driving.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: Traffic accidents can also cause serious injuries to cyclists and pedestrians. If you were struck by a negligent driver while on a bicycle or while walking, you may be able to recover compensation for your resulting injuries.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one in an accident, we can help you recover compensation for a number of losses. These may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and more.
- Dog bites: An animal attack can leave you with serious injuries. We can help to pursue a case to hold the dog’s owner liable.
- Premises liability accidents: These are accidents that happen on someone else’s property because of the negligence of the property owner. This category can include slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents, swimming pool accidents, elevator and escalator accidents, inadequate security, and many other incidents that would not have occurred if not for the property owner’s negligence.
We can also help you with golf cart and ATV accidents, boating accidents, train accidents, product liability cases, and workers’ compensation claims.
Click to contact our Personal Injury lawyers today
Call Kaine Law Today to Get Started
Call Kaine Law today at (404) 214-2001 to get started with your case. Your first call and consultation are free. You can learn more about how an Austell personal injury lawyer will fight for your best interests after you were injured in an accident. Call now.