Car accidents happen quickly and often end tragically. In February 2020, a fatal accident in Austell occurred on Riverside Parkway near Factory Shoals Road, CBS 46 reports. Even non-fatal accidents can cause heartache, physical injury, and financial trauma. Many families struggle with the burden of paying for medical care and vehicle repairs after a car accident.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident caused by another party, you might be entitled to financial compensation, legally known as damages, from the other driver. These damages may compensate you for medical care, property damage, lost wages, and more. An Austell car accident lawyer with Kaine Law can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Negligence and Liability in an Austell Car Accident Case
In legal terms, negligent driving is driving without regard for the safety of others, including drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians, on the road. A driver whose negligence causes a car accident can be held liable for the accident and responsible for its expenses.
But how do you know if another driver’s negligence caused your accident? Our lawyer will investigate your accident and look for evidence of negligence by the other driver.
Some common types of negligence that lead to car accidents include:
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Running stop signs or other traffic signs
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Austell, call 404-214-2001
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Knowing how much your car accident case is worth is critical when seeking compensation. Without a good estimate of your damages, you may accept a settlement much less than what you truly deserve.
Our lawyer will use evidence to estimate the value of your case. We may use the following to substantiate your claim:
- Your medical bills and records
- Pictures of your injuries
- Interviews with medical professionals
Here are some of the types of damages you could recover if you were injured:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Modifications to your home
- Medical equipment
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental pain and anguish (like PTSD)
You Could Recover Wrongful Death Damages After Losing a Family Member
If your family member suffered a wrongful death, you could recover damages for:
- The cost of the funeral and burial
- Medical expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of household services
Austell Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
What Could Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Tackling a car accident case is tough. To settle with the other driver’s insurance company, you must:
- Gather your records from every medical provider who has treated you
- Collect receipts for your medical bills and vehicle repairs
- Gather your old wage statements
- Fill out insurance forms
- Submit claims
- Spend lots of time on the phone with insurance representatives
When you are already dealing with injuries or grieving the loss of a family member, seeking a settlement might feel like too much work. Our lawyer serving Austell can take over this whole process. We will pay attention to legal and insurance details so you can focus on recovery. We can:
Investigate Your Car Accident
Our team will investigate which party caused your accident through negligent driving. While the police investigate your accident, our team can conduct an independent investigation focused on your rights. We will:
- Take pictures of the scene and your car
- Obtain police reports
- Cell phone records
- Toxicology reports
- Interview witnesses
Handle Insurance Matters
This could involve:
- Tracking down medical records from any provider who has treated you
- Gathering your receipts for medical care and vehicle repairs or replacement
- Submitting them to the other party’s insurance company
- Filing an insurance claim on your behalf
- Handling all communication with the insurance company
Obtain Fair Compensation
Most of the time, both sides prefer to settle out of court. A settlement is often the quickest and easiest way to close your case, so our lawyer will negotiate a fair settlement for you. If the other side does not agree to a reasonable settlement, we could file a lawsuit on your behalf and seek compensation in court.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Client testimonials for Kaine Law
At Kaine Law, we fight every day for victims of personal injury. We take pride in helping people who have been harmed because of another person’s negligence. Here are a few client testimonials from people we have helped:
- M.M., Conyers, GA: “Evan Kaine got me a settlement when my old attorney couldn’t. He went the extra mile for me.”
- J.L., Dallas, GA: “When I got hurt, I didn’t know what to do. I contacted Evan and I’m glad that I did. He came to visit me in the hospital and gave me the comfort and confidence that I wanted in my attorney. He’s a fighter.”
- G.L. and K.O, Hampton, GA: “Our attorney, Evan Kaine, took a personal interest in our case. We weren’t just treated like another client.”
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time Limits After an Austell Car Accident
Georgia limits how long you have to sue the at-fault party after a car accident in Austell. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 establishes the following statutes of limitations:
- You have two years after your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- You have two years after your loved one passed away to file a lawsuit for wrongful death. The date of your loved one’s death may not be the same as the date of the accident.
Our lawyer will evaluate your case and determine how these deadlines apply to you. Sometimes, these deadlines may change based on the specifics of your case.
Kaine Law Is Ready To Help You After an Austell Car Accident
Kaine Law is ready to represent you after a car accident in Austell, so call (404) 214-2001 for a free case consultation. Our lawyer could help you recover damages for medical care, lost income, and other losses. Because our team works on contingency, you pay nothing unless we win. The sooner you call, the sooner we can start working for you!