Like with any other type of traffic accident in Georgia, an Uber accident can leave you with serious injuries and bills to pay. The involvement of a rideshare driver, however, could mean you face additional challenges when seeking compensation.
Consider hiring a Decatur Uber accident lawyer from our team. We focus exclusively on personal injury cases, so our team knows how to handle situations like yours—and we charge no attorney’s fees until you win. Call today and get a free case review.
Building Your Uber Accident Case
Our goal with every client is to prove the four following points:
- Duty of care: The liable party—a driver, an auto part manufacturer, or someone else—had a legal and moral responsibility to behave reasonably and, in so doing, protect people like you.
- Breach of duty: The liable party did not behave responsibly. For example, the Uber driver may have been speeding or ignoring a red light.
- Causation: The liable party’s negligence caused your injuries. You would not have suffered an injury if they had observed their duty of care.
- Damages: Your injuries have had a noticeable negative effect on your health and finances, as well as on your personal and professional lives.
These facts form the core of a personal injury case. Our car accident lawyers can use various types of evidence to prove your case meets these criteria, from police reports and medical records to witness and expert testimony.
Once we have enough evidence to show what really happened, we can take appropriate action to fight for the compensation you need. Our team could:
- Calculate damages: The liable party’s insurance company might offer a settlement, but is it a fair one? We can evaluate your case’s worth so that you ask for an adequate amount.
- File paperwork: Our team can send out demand letters, submit trial exhibits to the court, and much more. We can also keep in touch with all of the involved parties, including you.
- Negotiate a settlement: In many cases, we can sit down with the liable party and try to work out a pretrial settlement agreement. This can be faster and cheaper than going to trial.
- Fight for you in court: For cases that do go to trial, we are not afraid to confront the at-fault party in the courtroom. You would not have to worry about explaining evidence or making arguments on your own behalf.
- Keep you updated: You never have to worry about losing contact with us or wondering about what is happening with your case. We stay in touch with our clients.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Potential Compensation for an Uber Accident in Decatur
After an accident involving an Uber driver, you may wonder whether Uber’s insurance coverage or the Uber driver’s own insurance policy applies.
Answering this question can be tough, as there is no one-size-fits-all answer that applies to every case. Our Decatur Uber accident lawyer can get the answers you need about who bears liability. We can also determine if you qualify to collect damages for:
This can refer to treatment from a primary care physician, a surgeon, a specialist, a dentist, or a psychiatrist. No matter what kind of surgery, medication, medical device, or other treatment you need, you should not have to pay for it yourself.
Loss of Wages
If your injuries are temporary, you may have missed work for a few days or weeks before returning to your regular duties. People with permanent injuries may never be able to earn as much as they did before.
We can calculate how much income you have missed out on due to your injuries. The compensation you receive for lost wages can help you support your family.
Was your car damaged in the accident? This could cause major inconvenience and income loss for your family, especially if you are a rideshare driver who uses their car to make a living.
A lawsuit could reimburse you for car repair costs, as well as the cost of replacing any other valuable property.
The losses listed above are all financial or economic in nature. Non-economic damages, by contrast, cover your physical and emotional losses after an accident. Depending on your injuries, you could seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical or intellectual disability
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Decatur Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Legal Deadlines for Uber Accidents
Georgia state law gives you a limited time to seek compensation through a lawsuit for an Uber or rideshare crash. Specifically, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 allows you up to two years to file your lawsuit. This deadline applies whether you are filing a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit.
For this reason, and because evidence may be harder to find as time goes by, we encourage you to act quickly. Kaine Law might be in a better position to help you if the accident is still fairly recent.
Click to contact our Uber Accidents lawyers today
Legal Costs of Uber Accidents
It is a sad fact that the more you need compensation, the more reluctant you may be to pursue it. After all, you already owe a lot of money: why make things worse by hiring an attorney or incurring legal fees?
At Kaine Law, we want to help you manage your legal expenses. To that end, we would be glad to:
- Offer an initial, confidential evaluation at no cost to you
- Charge no attorney’s fees unless we win compensation
- Honestly answer your questions about other legal fees your case may require
You should also remember that our help can make your case go more smoothly, and we can sometimes help clients identify damages they would never have considered asking for. In this way, we save you even more money.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With Our Uber Accident Team
With decades of experience under our belts, Kaine Law understands all of the laws and complexities involved in filing suit after a rideshare collision.
Our Decatur Uber accident lawyer can work with you to get the monetary compensation you deserve and to hold the liable party responsible for their actions. Call today to learn more.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form