Taking an Uber instead of driving yourself may seem like a more convenient option. It can also be a convenient way to earn money if you’ve already got a car. But when you’re injured in an Uber accident, these accidents are never convenient or simple.
That’s where an Uber accident lawyer can help. They understand Georgia’s laws regarding Uber, and they’re not afraid to fight this large corporation. You can work with a Lawrenceville Uber accident lawyer from our firm to get much-needed compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Kaine Law Can Help Your Lawrenceville Uber Accident Case
You could work with Uber, their insurance provider, or the other driver’s insurance provider to negotiate a settlement for your Uber accident case. But these companies may try to undermine your claim and offer you a meager portion of what your case is worth.
Here’s what a personal injury attorney from Kaine Law can do for you after an Uber accident around Lawrenceville, Georgia:
- Investigate your accident
- Determine fault
- Gather evidence to prove negligence
- Identify all liable parties
- Calculate your damages
- File insurance claims
- Communicate with Uber, insurance providers, and legal representatives for you
- Negotiate a worthwhile settlement
- File a lawsuit to fight for compensation you deserve
When you choose Kaine Law, you work with a team that’s been recognized by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’ve successfully recovered millions for our clients, including those affected by complex auto wrecks like Uber accidents. Some of our results include:
- $11 million for a car accident
- $4.325 million for a car accident caused by a DUI
- $3.675 million for a fatal auto accident
While we can’t guarantee you the same monetary results, we can promise you the same aggressive, thorough, and compassionate legal counsel we offer all our clients.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
Do I Have an Uber Accident Case?
We’re proud to help many people affected by Uber accidents. Some of our clients for Uber accidents include:
- Uber passengers
- Drivers or passengers in the vehicle struck by an Uber
- Uber drivers injured by another party’s negligence, such as another motorist or a third party
- Families of victims who lost their lives in an Uber accident
At Kaine Law, we know how devastating an Uber accident can be. We’ve helped recover compensation for these and other Uber accident injuries:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal tissue damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
A Lawrenceville Uber accident attorney from our firm can review your case — including medical records and evidence of the crash — to determine the strength of your claim.
Lawrenceville Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Types of Uber Accident Cases We Handle in Lawrenceville
We can help you file claims or pursue a lawsuit against multiple relevant parties in your Uber accident. We can even help you figure out who those liable parties are. Parties that may be responsible for your accident include:
- An Uber driver
- Another motorist
Depending on the circumstances of your Uber accident, we may be able to hold third parties accountable, too. For instance, you may have a claim against a municipality responsible for addressing road hazards that contributed to your accident. Or, you may have a claim against a motorist’s employer if the accident occurred while they were on the clock, completing job duties, or in a company vehicle.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
Another important factor in your accident is why it happened, the cause. We will investigate your case to determine all the contributing factors and identify all liable parties. Some of the most common causes of Uber accidents around Lawrenceville include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting, using the phone, or talking excessively to passengers
- Fatigued driving, which Uber drivers may do to get as many trips as possible
- Driving while intoxicated, such as tipsy, drunk, or after consuming drugs
- Disobeying traffic signs and signals
We can gather and review evidence like witness testimony, video footage of the accident, and more to determine how the accident occurred and who’s at fault.
Click to contact our Uber Accidents lawyers today
Recovering Compensation in an Uber Accident Case
Uber and their insurance provider — as well as any other auto insurance company — may only consider obvious costs after an accident, like medical bills, lost income during recovery, and property damage costs for a vehicle. But there are many other damages you deserve compensation for, including:
- All medical expenses from your accident, including outstanding medical bills, reimbursing paid health insurance claims, future medical expenses for ongoing treatment, and more
- All lost income now and in the future, such as salary, wages and tips, benefits, career advancement, and changes in work status due to disability
- All property damage costs for a vehicle and property inside it that was damaged during the accident, like a cell phone, gifts, and other personal property
- Pain and suffering for physical pain, emotional anguish, and psychological damage like PTSD
- Diminished quality of life due to pain and discomfort, scarring or disfigurement, or disability
- Wrongful death benefits on behalf of the loved one you lost during the Uber accident, for whom you can receive compensation for funeral and burial costs, lost household income support, lost emotional support, and more
In general, we pursue compensation through an at-fault party’s insurance policy, such as a negligent non-Uber driver’s auto insurance policy, Uber’s auto insurance coverage for third-party accidents during an Uber ride, or a company’s liability insurance for accidents caused by employees.
If we can’t negotiate for a settlement that works for you and your family, we can also file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and their relevant insurance company to fight for compensation you deserve.
How Uber’s Insurance Policy Affects Your Potential Compensation
Whether we’re able to file a claim through Uber’s auto insurance coverage depends on when the accident happens. In general, an Uber driver must be actively using the app for Uber’s coverage to kick in. But the amount you may have access to depends on whether they were:
- Waiting for a trip or on their way to pick up a rider
- Waiting to pick up a rider or had a rider in their vehicle
Your Lawrenceville Uber accident lawyer can help you understand how Uber’s insurance policy works and whether you have a claim with their insurance.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Can I Sue Uber for My Uber Accident?
In some cases, we can file a lawsuit against Uber if they are liable for their driver’s actions. We may file a lawsuit against Uber for negligent hiring. For instance, if they failed to terminate a driver whose behavior or driving was deemed unsafe and that driver causes an accident.
Kaine Law Is Here to Help You After an Uber Accident
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit against liable parties in your case. This also applies to Uber accidents. Two years may seem like a long time, but the more time a lawyer has to build your case, the better.
Contact Kaine Law today to get started on your Uber accident claim.