Spinal injuries pose the risk of lifelong medical care, disability, and hardship. However, a Lawrenceville spinal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can lead your case for justice in a Gwinnett County court.
Our firm takes each case seriously and understands that spinal injuries are a special class of injury. Therefore, we will review your case and pursue nothing less than the compensation you deserve.
What Are Recoverable Damages for Spinal Cord Injury Victims?
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation explains that the cost of living with a spinal cord injury is well beyond what most people can afford, ranging from hundreds of thousands of dollars to more than $1 million annually. Thus, if someone else caused you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury, that party should be responsible for your losses.
We also understand how each spinal cord injury victim has unique damages. Our firm will consult you and your doctors to determine your losses. Damages from a spinal cord injury generally include:
- Medical bills: Treating spinal cord injuries can be extensive—and expensive. Medical equipment alone may cost more than you’re able to pay, and rehabilitation may be a lifelong necessity. Besides your current medical bills, our team will work with your doctors to gain a complete picture of your future healthcare needs and place an accurate value on them.
- Lost income and earning power: A spinal cord injury prevents most victims from continuing in their line of work. Even if you find a job that accommodates your spinal cord injury, you might earn far less than before. Your financial recovery should account for lost wages following the accident, lost earning power, and the loss of any other professional benefits.
- Pain and suffering: A spinal cord injury can lead to excruciating pain. However, the emotional and psychological trauma of such injuries may be even greater than physical pain. Therefore, our team will assign a fair value to your pain and suffering.
- Mental health treatment: You may need counseling, medications, and other forms of therapy to deal with your spinal cord injury. The journal Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation explains that depression and other mental health conditions can stem from spinal injuries. Our firm will help you get the treatment you need and seek coverage of that treatment from liable parties.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
What Can Kaine Law Do for You?
Kaine Law handles a variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases. Whether you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury or have lost a loved one to such an injury, we can assist you.
Our team will handle the legal and insurance processes for you, including these tasks.
Investigating the Cause of Your Spinal Cord Injury
We must gather the facts of your injury before we pursue justice. During our investigation, we may:
- Speak with witnesses to your spinal cord injury
- Review any police reports and incident reports
- Examine relevant video footage and photographs
- Make a detailed record of our findings
Whether your injury occurred because of a car accident, boating, sports, or another event, we’ll gather all relevant facts.
Collecting Evidence of Liability
As we investigate your injury, we’ll seek any evidence that suggests liability. Such evidence may include:
- Witness accounts documenting someone’s dangerous actions
- Video footage that shows the cause of your accident
- Physical evidence that indicates negligence
- Expert testimony that speaks to liability
Our Lawrenceville spinal injury lawyers know what evidence to look for in cases like yours.
Identifying Liable Parties
Following the investigation, we should have a clear picture of liability. We generally find someone negligent (and liable) if they:
- Owed you or your loved one a duty of care
- Violated their duty of care
- Caused your spinal cord injury because of their negligence
- Caused financial damages that you need to be reimbursed
We may also identify more than one party who we can hold responsible for your spinal cord injury.
Calculating Your Losses
Our team will keep a detailed record of your damages. From medical treatment to pain and suffering, we’ll account for every loss you’ve experienced—and the losses you’re likely to encounter.
Calculating losses is far from easy. However, our firm has the experience and access to experts needed to calculate all your damages accurately.
Pursuing Compensation in Negotiations or at Trial
Our firm’s goal is always to obtain fair compensation for clients through either an insurance claim or injury lawsuit. We’ll negotiate with insurance adjusters for a fair settlement, and if talks fail, we’ll take your case before a judge and jury.
Lawrenceville Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Of All Law Firms, Why Choose Kaine Law?
Kaine Law is a firm with roots in Georgia, and we know what it takes to complete cases in Lawrenceville. Lead attorney Evan Kaine has experience negotiating with insurance companies and other attorneys and will pursue a favorable case outcome for you.
- Will handle every detail of your case, allowing you to focus on your recovery
- Will communicate actively with you about case-related matters
- Will be available whenever you need us
- Will fight for the maximum recovery you deserve
We believe justice must be done when avoidable spinal injuries occur. Our team is ready to help you today.
Former Clients Praise Kaine Law
Positive client reviews validate our approach to personal injury cases. As a result, we have earned many positive testimonials:
- “I was involved in an auto accident with a drunk driver and after several weeks of frustrating interactions with their insurance company, I decided to contact Evan Kaine. He was upfront and honest about how the process works and never made any promises or raised my expectations. Evan understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses that I incurred, and he completely delivered. Communication is essential and I spoke directly with him and was never pawned off to another person. Bottom line – Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.” – M.T.
- “I was in a minor car accident and wasn’t sure that I even had a case. I met with Evan, and he explained the law in terms I could understand. I immediately hired him, and Evan turned my questionable case into more than $50,000.00! Evan is upfront, honest, and expects the same from his clients. I highly recommend Attorney Evan Kaine.” – G.S.
Our contingency fee structure means that you can afford our services regardless of your current financial status. You pay nothing unless we win your case.
Click to contact our Spinal Injury lawyers today
Contact Kaine Law Today for a Free Consultation
You should not wait to get legal help for a spinal cord injury. There may be deadlines restricting how long you have to file your case. If you contact us today, we will get started on your case as quickly as possible.
Call Kaine Law today for a free consultation. If you’re in pain, call Kaine.