Lyft accidents are much more complex than a regular auto accident. A lot of factors can make investigating your accident, holding at-fault parties accountable, and recovering much-needed compensation difficult. Not to mention, Lyft and the large insurance companies you deal with may try to undermine your claim and offer you a fraction of what your claim is really worth.
That’s where a personal injury lawyer can help. You can work with a Lawrenceville Lyft accident lawyer who knows Georgia’s laws on rideshare services and can fight for you to get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Why Choose Kaine Law for Your Lyft Accident?
Filing claims for any auto accident is stressful, but navigating the claims process for a rideshare accident with Lyft can put undue stress on you and your family. So, it’s important to work with a lawyer after a Lyft accident. But it’s even more important to find a lawyer who truly cares about you and will fight to get you the compensation you need.
Here’s why you should work with the team at Kaine Law:
- Our track record of success: Founding attorney Evan Kaine has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum after winning six-, seven-, and eight-figure settlements for car accident victims.
- Our decades of experience: We’ve tackled many complex cases and are committed to serving our clients’ best interests.
- 24/7 service: You can call us anytime to talk about your case, whether you’re looking for a lawyer or are already working with us.
- Contingency fee-based representation: You don’t owe us any upfront costs or fees to get our help, and you don’t owe us a cent until we recover compensation on your behalf. So, you can always afford quality legal representation for a Lyft accident.
Need help investigating your case, gathering evidence, filing claims, and negotiating for a worthwhile settlement? A Lawrenceville Lyft accident attorney from Kaine Law is ready to help.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
When to Call a Lawrenceville Lyft Accident Lawyer
It’s never too early to call a lawyer after a Lyft accident. We recommend reaching out as soon as possible. Here are some situations where you should consider contacting a Lyft accident attorney in the Lawrenceville area:
- You’ve sustained injuries in a Lyft accident.
- You’ve suffered property damage during a Lyft accident.
- You missed work to recover after your Lyft accident.
- You can’t work after your Lyft accident.
- You’ve lost a loved one in a Lyft accident.
Our team helps anyone harmed in a Lyft accident caused by another party. Whether it’s you or a loved one who has been injured, one of our Lyft accident lawyers is ready to take your call.
Lawrenceville Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
You Can Get Compensation for Your Lyft Accident
All auto wrecks — including Lyft accidents — can cause a lot of costly damage, whether it’s physical injuries, emotional trauma, property damage, or a combination of all three. Here are some of the damages we can help you recover compensation for after a Lyft accident:
- Current and past medical expenses
- Lost income, like wages and tips, salary, benefits, bonuses, and more
- Reduced earning capacity due to accident-related disability
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
If you lost a loved one in a Lyft accident, we are so sorry for your loss. Though no amount of money can truly heal your pain, we can help you recover compensation for economic losses and emotional pain. You and your family may be entitled to compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost household income support
- Lost household and childcare support
- Loss of emotional support
- Loss of consortium
One of our Lyft accident lawyers can calculate your damages and help you understand how much compensation you may be entitled to.
How Much Will My Lyft Accident Settlement Be?
Lyft accident settlements can vary widely because there are so many factors that can impact how much compensation you may be entitled to. Some of the factors we consider when calculating your possible compensation include:
- Your role in the accident, whether you were a Lyft driver, Lyft passenger, a motorist or passenger in another vehicle, or a pedestrian
- How many liable parties there are, as more liable parties means more sources of potential compensation
- Whether Lyft is liable
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Severity of property damage
- Total amount of economic damages
Click to contact our Lyft Accidents lawyers today
Possible Liable Parties in Your Lyft Accident
One thing that makes Lyft accidents so complex is that there could be many parties who are liable for the accident. Here are some potential at-fault parties in your Lyft accident:
- A Lyft driver
- Another motorist
- A municipality responsible for road conditions
- A car parts manufacturer
- Another negligent third party
The other element that complicates liability in Lyft accidents — and determines whether you qualify for a claim through Lyft’s insurance policy — is the Lyft driver’s status at the time of the accident. These are some of the potential sources of compensation you may be able to file a claim with:
Lyft Driver’s Personal Auto Insurance
In general, you would file a claim with the Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance if they happen to be a Lyft driver but were not actively using the app at the time of the accident. In some cases, Lyft requires accident victims to also file a claim with the driver’s personal auto insurance, too.
Lyft’s Auto Insurance Coverage
Lyft also has insurance for accidents that occur while the Lyft app is open. Generally, this insurance only applies if the Lyft driver is:
- Waiting for a ride request
- On their way to get a passenger
- In the middle of a trip with a passenger
The driver’s stage of using the app, as listed above, can affect how much the policy is worth. For instance, active rides carry a $1 million policy limit.
Another Motorist’s Auto Insurance
If another motorist causes your Lyft accident, you can file a claim with that driver’s auto insurance policy. However, if they are uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to file a claim through Lyft’s insurance policy.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Lyft Accident Injuries Can I Get Compensation For?
You shouldn’t have to pay for the medical bills from an accident caused by another person. And you shouldn’t have to suffer financially and emotionally because of your injuries either. That’s why your Lyft accident lawyer from Kaine Law will fight for compensation to pay for injuries like:
- Broken bones
- Burns and lacerations
- Internal tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputation injuries
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for My Conyers Lyft Accident?
Generally, you have just two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit against all liable parties. This statute — O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 — also applies to Lyft accidents.
There are some exceptions to this time frame. A Lawrenceville Lyft accident lawyer can help you understand how the statute of limitations applies to your case.
Start Your Lyft Accident Claim Today
At Kaine Law, we know that every second counts when it comes to building a case to recover compensation for auto accident injuries. The sooner you reach out, the more time we have to fully exercise your right to compensation against Lyft and other liable parties. Contact Kaine Law today for your free case review.