Lyft, a heavily used rideshare service in Stockbridge, is integral public transportation that residents use to conveniently traverse the city. While touted as a safe and reliable form of transportation to go from Point A to Point B, Lyft-related accidents are more common than you would think.
If you sustained injuries in an accident involving a vehicle operated by a Lyft driver, a Stockbridge Lyft accident lawyer can help answer your questions and let you know your legal options. An attorney can also assist you in determining liability, filing and submitting paperwork, as well as recovering compensation for your losses.
How Can a Stockbridge Lyft Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Many Lyft accident victims attempt to obtain compensation on their own after a collision. Since Lyft is a major profit-driven corporation, they have the resources to protect themselves in cases like these, making it difficult for victims to secure fair compensation. Their insurance adjusters may attempt to deny your claim, dismiss your injuries and other losses, or offer a settlement amount that’s much lower than what you deserve.
Furthermore, determining who was liable for the injuries can become complicated as this can change based on how the accident occurred and the Lyft driver’s status on the Lyft app during the collision. A Stockbridge Lyft accident attorney can review your case in depth, explain how much coverage you qualify for, and walk you through the entire process.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
Receive A Fair Settlement
At Kaine Law, our Lyft accident attorneys in Stockbridge are prepared to handle all facets of a Lyft claim, from accident investigation and gathering evidence to obtaining compensation. When you hire us to represent your case, you can rest assured knowing you have an experienced legal team working hard on building a solid claim to win the necessary funds to cover your losses from the at-fault driver and any other negligent party.
Here are some of the services we offer in order to pursue a successful outcome for you:
- Investigate the accident and uncover how the event unfolded
- Establish who was responsible for the accident and if any other party may share fault other than the Lyft driver
- Determine the extent and severity of the damages you’ve incurred
- Gather evidence that indicates negligence and liability
- Calculate the value of your damages
- Handle communication with the insurance adjusters and any other party that may be involved in the Lyft accident claims process
- Explain your legal options and answer any questions you may have
Our Lyft accident lawyers in Stockbridge have experience working with similar cases and are familiar with the laws and regulations surrounding a rideshare company’s liability if one of its driver’s negligent actions causes harm to a passenger or another motorist.
Stockbridge Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
A Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Help Recover Damages
Depending on the severity, Lyft accidents can inflict various injuries and other losses on the victims. We can help you assess which damages you are qualified to secure compensation for.
Here are some examples of the damages Lyft accident victims are typically able to recover through a claim:
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity: Your medical injuries resulting from the accident may require you to take time off work for recovery. Some injuries prevent you from returning to work at all. Whatever the case, we can help you obtain past and future income loss. If your injuries force you to take a lesser-paying job, we can help you recover compensation for reduced earning capacity.
- Medical expenses: We can help collect compensation for any medical or rehabilitation-related expenses you may have. These include medication, hospitalization, ambulance ride, emergency room care, surgery, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, and more.
- Pain and suffering: The aftermath of a Lyft accident may include emotional and mental anguish, PTSD, depression, and anxiety. We can help you collect compensation for these and other similar losses.
- Property repair: If your vehicle or personal property was damaged during the collision, we could seek repair or replacement costs for the damaged item.
A Stockbridge Lyft accident attorney can examine your accident thoroughly to figure out the immediate and future impact of the incident on your life.
Click to contact our Lyft Accidents lawyers today
Let Us Determine If Lyft Was Responsible for Your Injuries
Fault can be complicated to determine in rideshare collisions. Whether or not Lyft can be approached for compensation will differ based on the driver’s status on the app. Here’s an overview of how Lyft’s liability and coverage changes:
- Lyft app is off: If the driver wasn’t logged on to the Lyft app when the collision occurred, we could help you secure compensation from the driver’s personal auto insurance. Lyft will not hold liability in this case.
- The driver is logged into the app and waiting for a ride request: If an accident occurs during this stage, the driver’s personal auto insurance will hold primary liability for damages. But whatever the personal insurance doesn’t cover can be sought from Lyft’s third-party liability insurance.
- The driver is logged on and en route to pick up a passenger or during rides: In this case, Lyft’s $1 million third-party auto liability insurance comes into play. We can file a claim against Lyft’s insurance policy.
In some cases, other than Lyft and the Lyft driver, other parties may also hold responsibility for the crash. For example, we could file a claim against the vehicle manufacturer if the accident occurred due to faulty brakes. Or if the reason for the collision was poorly maintained roads, then a government agency could be pursued for compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Act Fast to Collect a Settlement for Your Lyft Accident Injuries
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you are limited to two years from the date of the accident to pursue a personal injury claim against Lyft, the Lyft driver, or another party that may have been involved. Once this deadline passes, the court may dismiss your claim.
If you were involved in a recent Lyft accident, you may want to contact a Stockbridge Lyft accident attorney immediately to allow enough time to pursue legal action and build a strong case.
Contact Kaine Law to Learn About Your Legal Options
If you were involved in a Lyft accident caused by the Lyft driver’s or another party’s negligent behavior, do not hesitate to reach out to us at Kaine Law to review your case. We are here to assess your losses, calculate the value of your claim, and answer any of your questions.
Contact us today to learn about the legal options available to you in your Lyft accident case. Schedule a free consultation by calling our legal team or submitting an online form.