Broken bones injuries can have a far more significant impact on your life than many people realize. If another party is to blame for what you have been through, you are not alone.
With help from a Stockbridge broken bones injury lawyer at Kaine Law, you can seek justice for your damages. When you team up with us, you’ll learn more about how the broken bones injury claims process works in Stockbridge.
Steps to Take After a Broken Bone in Stockbridge
Initial steps to take after a broken bone injury in Stockbridge are essential. They could make all the difference in your case. Here’s what to do immediately after you suffer broken bone injury:
- Begin by contacting 911. You need emergency responders and law enforcement officials to arrive at the accident scene. Police will document the scene, gather evidence, and determine who is responsible for causing your injuries. This could provide valuable evidence to support your case when you pursue an insurance or civil claim against the liable party.
- While you wait for emergency responders to arrive at the accident scene, do what you can to obtain evidence to support your case. You might use this time to take photos of your injuries, speak with potential witnesses and obtain their contact information, obtain the insurance information of any other involved parties, and take video of the damage at the accident.
- Once emergency responders arrive, it is essential you obtain a medical evaluation. Even if you initially feel fine in the aftermath of the accident, your broken bone could be far more severe than you previously thought. This is especially true if you are at risk for having punctured an internal organ. Get treatment for your invisible injuries and begin documenting your medical treatment.
- After your health care providers declare you stable, you can contact our broken bones injury attorney in Stockbridge for help. Your personal injury attorney can gather powerful evidence that may be available for a short period. For this reason, it is essential to retain legal representation soon after your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a broken bones injury lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
What Are Your Legal Options?
There are several ways you can get compensation for your broken bones in Stockbridge. Some of the more common legal options include:
- Filing a broken bone injury claim with your own insurance company
- Filing a broken bone injury claim with the liable party’s insurance company
- Filing a civil lawsuit against the liable party
Stockbridge Broken Bones Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia Injury Laws You Need to Know
There are many different types of personal injury laws in Georgia that could impact your broken bones injury claim in Stockbridge. Some of the more important laws you need to be aware of include:
- Georgia follows a fault system for insurance purposes. This means you will file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company as opposed to filing a claim with your own
- The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Georgia is two years (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33).You only have this short window to file your lawsuit before you will be barred from seeking compensation within Georgia courts
These are just a couple of the personal injury laws in Georgia you should be aware of. If you have concerns there may be other laws that could impact the outcome of your case, do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss your concerns in greater detail.
Click to contact our Broken Bones Injury lawyers today
How to Prove Negligence for Your Broken Bones Injury in Stockbridge
If you hope to recover maximum compensation in your broken bones injury claim, your attorney must prove the elements of negligence were met as follows:
- The defendant must have owed the broken bones injury victim a duty of care
- The defendant must’ve decided or failed to make a decision that breached their duty of care
- The defendant’s actions or decisions were responsible for causing the broken bone injury victim’s injuries
- The broken bone injury victim suffered damages, including financial losses, psychological damages, emotional trauma, and physical injuries due to the defendant’s conduct
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Calculating the Value of Your Stockbridge Injury Claim
After everything you have been through, it makes sense you would wonder how much you could be awarded if you decide to move forward with your injury claim. The last thing you want is to put forth additional energy and effort only to lose your insurance or civil claim.
Your attorney will need to closely evaluate how your life has been affected by your broken bones injury to accurately calculate the value of your claim. This includes categorizing your losses as economic damages or non-economic damages as follows:
Economic damages describe the ways your life has been affected financially by your broken bones injury. There are multiple types of economic damages you may be able to recoup as part of your claim.
Some of the more common types of economic damages awarded in Stockbridge broken bones injury claims include:
- Ambulance fees
- Hospital bills
- Medical equipment costs
- Future medical care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Cost of property damage repairs or replacement
- Loss of household services
Non-economic damages are much different from economic losses. Non-economic damages do not have a financial value. To be compensated for these damages, your attorney will need to review with you in detail how your life has been affected.
Some examples of non-economic damages awarded in Stockbridge broken bones injury claims include:
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Reputational damage
Meet With Our Stockbridge Broken Bones Injury Lawyer
If another party is responsible for causing your broken bone injuries and damages, they should also be compelled to cover your costs. Get help holding the at-fault party accountable when you contact our Stockbridge broken bones injury lawyer at Kaine Law.
Our firm proudly offers no-cost, risk-free consultations to broken bones injury victims across Stockbridge and nearby cities. Claim yours by calling our office or completing our quick contact form today.