If you or a family member got hurt in a rideshare accident in Stockbridge, you may have serious injuries and other damages. A Stockbridge rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can demand compensation from the liable party’s insurer or file a lawsuit against the liable party for your damages. We’ll explore your options with you during a free consultation with a member of our personal injury team.
Do Rideshare Companies Insure Their Drivers?
Rideshare companies, like Uber and Lyft, don’t hire employees to drive customers around. Instead, these companies use independent contractors with personal vehicles. However, rideshare companies do generally provide additional insurance coverage if drivers get into accidents while picking up or transporting passengers.
If an Uber or Lyft driver is not logged into the ridesharing app at the time of an accident, their personal insurance policy will apply. If they are logged into the app but haven’t matched with a passenger yet, Uber and Lyft offer limited third-party liability insurance coverage if the driver’s personal insurance policy is unavailable.
If an accident occurs when a rideshare driver has matched with a passenger and is on the way to pick them up or currently driving with a passenger in their car, Uber and Lyft both provide a $1 million third-party liability insurance policy to cover damages for the driver, passengers, and any accident victims in other vehicles.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
Are Uber and Lyft Responsible for Their Drivers’ Actions?
Rideshare companies can be held responsible for their drivers’ actions and accidents they may cause. For instance, if a rideshare driver causes an accident while they’re on a ride assignment, the company may be held liable if:
- The driver was distracted, such as by an incoming ride request
- The driver was reckless, such as by running a red traffic light
- The company did not thoroughly screen the driver before hiring them
Stockbridge Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Do You Determine Liability After a Stockbridge Rideshare Accident?
A Stockbridge rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can determine which party is liable for your accident. To do this, your lawyer will look for evidence of liability. In your case, this may include:
- Information about the vehicle’s safety system operation during the accident (this may be acquired from an event data recorder in the vehicle)
- Data showing the driver’s work status during the accident (this may be acquired from the rideshare app)
- Photos or footage taken by a traffic camera or eyewitnesses
- A written statement from your doctor about what caused your injuries and their severity
Proving Liability in a Rideshare Accident Case
Once your Stockbridge Uber and Lyft accident attorney has determined who may be liable for your accident, they must prove negligence. The process can be complicated. Your lawyer will have to show the following in your case:
- Duty of care (the at-fault party’s responsibility to be safe)
- Breach of duty (the party’s irresponsibility)
- Causation (the cause of the incident)
- Damages (the damages you suffered)
Click to contact our Rideshare Accidents lawyers today
What Damages Can You Get in a Stockbridge Rideshare Accident Case?
The compensation you qualify for depends on which party is liable for your damages and the types of losses you suffered. If the driver is liable, your insurance settlement will be limited to what their insurance policy covers. Alternatively, if the rideshare company is liable, you may be able to seek a higher amount of compensation.
A Stockbridge rideshare accident attorney from our firm can help you seek compensation from the driver, the rideshare company, or both. By negotiating with or suing the at-fault party, your lawyer may be able to obtain these damages:
- Medical expenses, including surgery, medications, physical therapy, doctor’s visits, rehabilitative equipment, etc.
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if you were another driver involved in the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Lost earning ability
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death damages, such as funeral and burial costs, if your family member lost their life in the accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can a Stockbridge Rideshare Accident Attorney Do for Me?
At Kaine Law, our attorneys have decades of experience assisting personal injury victims with their cases, including rideshare accident cases like yours. Our attorneys have had excellent results in previous cases, and Attorney Evan Kaine has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We also have many testimonials from satisfied personal injury clients whom we have assisted in the past.
Your Stockbridge Uber and Lyft accident attorney can do a great deal for you. You can expect them to:
- Ensure you comply with Georgia’s personal injury statute of limitations (C.G.A § 9-3-33) if filing a lawsuit
- Gather evidence for your case, including medical records, police reports, and testimony from witnesses and experts
- Determine who is liable in your case and fight to prove their liability
- Valuate your tangible and intangible damages and provide evidence of their value to the insurer(s)
- Demand compensation from the rideshare company, if applicable
- Settle your case with the insurer(s) or litigate your case with a judge
Connect With Kaine Law to Get Help From a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Stockbridge
You deserve compensation for any damages you suffered in a rideshare accident due to another party’s negligence. The liable insurance company may not agree to compensate you appropriately, but one of our firm’s Stockbridge rideshare accident lawyers can work to hold them to account.
If you’d like to learn about hiring one of our rideshare accident lawyers in Stockbridge, we offer a free consultation with a member of our team. Your lawyer can work for you at no upfront cost, and we only get paid if your attorney recovers compensation for you. Contact Kaine Law today to speak with us for free.