A Decatur, GA, rideshare accident lawyer with Kaine Law can help if you suffered injuries in a collision involving an Uber, Lyft, or other transportation network company (TNC) driver. Our personal injury attorneys will handle every aspect of your liability insurance lawsuit so you can focus on healing or helping your injured loved one.
Our team has multiple decades of combined legal experience we can put behind securing the compensation you need and deserve. We will work tirelessly to recover your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Recoverable Rideshare Accident Damages
You should not have to pay for an accident that was not your fault. Our attorneys can help you identify and calculate your losses and fight for fair compensation. In general, you can seek the following damages after a rideshare car accident injury in Georgia:
- Medical expenses. We can seek compensation for your current and future medical bills, including ambulance transportation, emergency treatment, hospital and doctor fees, surgeries, physical therapy and cognitive rehabilitation, prescription drugs, mobility aids, and life care costs.
- Lost income. We can recover wages, benefits, and earnings from time lost at work due to your injury. Additionally, if you cannot return to your previous job or must leave the workforce, we can pursue compensation for the loss of your earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. You can receive monetary awards for physical pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of mobility or paralysis, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of quality of life.
- Property damages. If your rideshare accident involved your vehicle, we can seek the cost of fixing it or replacing it if the damages are a total loss. We can also pursue compensation for damaged personal items, including jewelry, watches, laptops, and cell phones.
- Wrongful death. If your family member suffered a fatal injury, you may qualify for wrongful death compensation. Awards may include the deceased’s medical damages, funeral and burial expenses, lost wages (including income they would have earned had they lived), and loss of their companionship, care, and advice.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Rideshare Companies Must Provide Drivers With Car Accident Insurance
Like all motorists in Georgia, rideshare drivers must have automobile liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. When a driver is not working, their private insurance applies. However, when a driver is using a rideshare app, the TNC must provide them with insurance coverage in amounts greater than those required of private motorists.
According to O.C.G.A § 33-1-24, Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services must provide the following:
- $50,000 for injuries or death to one person, $100,000 for injuries or death per accident, and $50,000 for property damages when a driver is logged into the rideshare app and waiting for a ride request
- $1 million for bodily injuries, death, or property damages per accident when a driver is en route to a ride request or transporting passengers
We can help you seek the maximum settlement available to you, up to the rideshare company’s policy limits. If your damages exceed the coverage amounts, you usually cannot sue a TNC because drivers are not technically employees. However, you can take legal action against other liable parties.
Our Decatur rideshare accident lawyers can investigate your crash and determine if anyone other than the rideshare driver is at fault. Depending on the circumstances of your crash, you may have a case against:
- Another liable driver (i.e., the car that hit your Uber or Lyft or a third-party motorist)
- A commercial vehicle driver or their employer
- A roadway or property owner
- A negligent pedestrian or bicyclist
- A vehicle or auto parts manufacturer
Decatur Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Can Our Personal Injury Attorneys Help With Your Case?
Our firm helps injured rideshare passengers and those hurt during collisions involving their car and a rideshare vehicle. Whatever your situation at the time of your crash, we can serve as your advocate and ally. We can:
- Collect case evidence, including police reports, surveillance video, photographs, and physical data
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Identify your current damages and obtain estimates regarding your expected future expenses
- Hire and consult with experts, including doctors, economists, and crash reconstruction specialists
- Communicate with insurance agents and opposing counsel
- Prepare and manage case paperwork and deadlines
- Aggressively negotiate for a fair and adequate settlement
- Work through your insurance claim or file your lawsuit before Georgia’s statute of limitations expires (two years for a personal injury or wrongful death action, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33)
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
We Have Won Multi-Million Dollar Settlements and Verdicts
We fight hard to ensure our clients have the financial resources they need to pay for their medical treatment and other losses without jeopardizing their financial stability. We have recovered millions of dollars for the injured since our firm’s founding, and Attorney Evan Kaine is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Our car accident case results include:
- $5.575 million for an accident caused by a roadway defect
- $4.325 million for a collision caused by an intoxicated driver
- $3.675 million for a fatal car accident
- $600,000 for a rear-end collision
We Put Clients First
We know how important your case is to you, and we truly care about helping you get back on your feet. When you work with us, you get a full-service law firm at your disposal. We have team members available to offer 24/7 support, and you will receive frequent and timely case updates. Above all, we will treat you and your loved ones with the respect, professionalism, and compassion you deserve.
We Take Cases on Contingency
We never charge upfront or out-of-pocket for our services. Instead, we work on contingency, which means our payment comes from your successful settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
Click to contact our Rideshare Accidents lawyers today
Contact Kaine Law Today
Contact us for a no-cost, risk-free consultation and learn more about how our Decatur rideshare accident lawyer can fight for you. Do not delay. We can get started on your case immediately.