Employers in Georgia with three or more employees must carry workers’ compensation insurance. If your employer meets these requirements and you or a loved one was injured on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Our Decatur workers’ compensation lawyer will explain your employer’s responsibilities, as well as your rights as an injured worker, and help you apply for needed benefits.
We will collect and review your evidence and guide you through the complex application process. If your initial application for benefits was denied, we can file an appeal on your behalf. If a third party’s negligence caused your accident and injuries, we can help you navigate the personal injury compensation process. At Kaine Law, we never stop fighting for injured workers or those who became ill as a result of their workplace environment.
Financial Benefits for Injured Workers in Decatur, GA
When our law firm accepts your case, our Decatur personal injury lawyer fights hard for the financial benefits you are entitled to recover. According to State Board of Workers’ Compensation (SBWC) guidelines, financial compensation options include:
- Temporary Total Disability benefits pay two-thirds of your wages for up to 400 weeks (if your injury is catastrophic, you can receive benefits indefinitely).
- Temporary Partial Disability benefits pay two-thirds of the difference between your current and previous salary if you return to a lower-paying job.
- Permanent Partial Disability benefits pay according to your assigned disability rating.
Part of our legal representation includes verifying your average weekly wage. We can gather all the proof of income from every employment source. Getting this monetary value right is important since your compensation is based on two-thirds of this number.
Medical Benefits for Injured Workers in Decatur
You are entitled to quality medical care to treat a workplace injury or illness. You can choose your doctor from a list your employer provides. For a medical emergency, you can seek immediate care without regard to this list. Your covered medical expenses may include:
- Physical exams, imaging exams, and lab tests
- Required prescription medications
- Necessary surgical procedures
- Physical and other forms of therapy
All required medical care is covered until your healthcare team determines that you have reached maximum medical improvement.
We Help Families Recover Appropriate Death Benefits
The loss of a loved one at work can leave your family reeling and unsure of appropriate next steps. We will help your family recover the following workers’ compensation death benefits:
- The reasonable costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial
- Two-thirds of the deceased person’s average weekly wage
In most cases, death benefits typically go to the deceased person’s spouse and minor children.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Notification and Filing Deadlines That Affect Your Case
Your workers’ compensation benefits claim could be subject to multiple notification and filing deadlines. Your employer must be notified of your injury or illness within seven days. You must also request compensation for treatment-related travel expenses (such as mileage) within a year of its occurrence.
If you pursue compensation from a third party, you generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
At Kaine Law, our workers’ compensation lawyer serving Decatur can clarify the deadlines that affect your case. With sufficient notice from you, we can help you make all applicable deadlines and avoid putting your right to benefits or compensation in jeopardy.
Our Client-Friendly Fee Structure
No one should forego legal service when they could benefit from it most. You do not have to wait to put our team to work for you because we charge no upfront fees and nothing out of your pocket. Instead, we only receive compensation after we recover compensation for you.
Decatur Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Is on Your Side
When you turn to our law firm for guidance and direction, we work hard to provide the support and attention to detail you need and deserve. We will:
- Fight for injured workers and their families
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Clarify our reputation and results
- Offer our no-fee guarantee
- Maintain all communication between you and other involved parties
- File your initial claim and your appeal, if necessary
- Collect and organize your evidence
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Consult experts
If we file a third-party personal injury case on your behalf, we will prove the required elements of negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. Proving these elements means we can recover your lost income, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Praise and Accolades From Previous Kaine Law Clients
When they review our legal service and support and recommend our law firm, previous clients say the following:
- B.S.: Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease…I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so…great legal service.
- R.K.: Please allow me to introduce you to Evan Kaine. I was in a very tight position and Evan could not have been more professional, courteous, or kind…if you have an issue, PLEASE contact Evan and I mean this from the heart!
Hear from more clients by browsing our testimonials page to learn more about our commitment and dedication to every client we represent.
Click to contact our Workers' Compensation lawyers today
Get Help Fighting for Workers’ Comp Benefits in Decatur
Were you or a loved one injured at work, or was a loved one fatally injured? Our Decatur workers’ compensation lawyer will help you fight for the benefits you are entitled to receive. If your original application was denied, we can file an appeal on your behalf.
Learn more by contacting our team at Kaine Law and start your free case evaluation today.