A brain injury can change your life or the life of someone you love forever. Even a brain injury that is recoverable can involve months of acute care and physical and emotional recovery. If your current health care condition was caused by another person’s negligence, you could be entitled to various forms of monetary compensation. Our Decatur brain injury lawyer can identify the cause of your injury and seek financial recovery on your behalf.
At Kaine Law, we will review the cause of your injury including investigating the accident. Proving the cause of your injury and assigning liability to the appropriate party can be challenging undertakings. When our legal team is on your side, you do not have to delve into complex personal injury law on your own. We handle communication with the at-fault party and their insurance company so you can focus on your recovery.
Personal Injury Practice Areas in Decatur, GA
Mayo Clinic research cites blunt force and trauma as the cause of most brain injuries. Commonly reported accidents that cause these types of injuries include car accidents, sports injuries, and accidental falls.
Our Decatur personal injury lawyer represents clients injured in the following accidents:
- Motor vehicle
- Motorcycle and bicycle
- Slip and fall
- Boating and ATV
If you have been injured in another kind of accident, let us know. Our law firm will evaluate your brain injury case at no cost to you. We will listen to your story and ensure the at-fault party is held accountable for their negligence.
Types of Brain Injuries
Any type of injury to your brain is serious and has the potential to change your physical and cognitive abilities. Brain injuries can vary in degree and severity which dictates the impact they will have on your health.
Types of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can include:
- Concussions that lead to pain, confusion, difficulty focusing, and memory impairment
- Moderate TBIs that involve short-term loss of consciousness that lasts for days or weeks
- Severe TBIs that cause longer-lasting loss of consciousness, behavioral and cognitive challenges, seizures, and ongoing confusion
Brain injuries can also be closed or open, complicated or uncomplicated, and non-traumatic.
When we handle your case, we will read and review your medical records to establish their severity, the toll they take on you and your family, and their current and ongoing financial impact. We use the information we obtain to determine the monetary value of the personal injury case we build for you.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Decatur, call 404-214-2001
Compensation You Can Recover for a Brain Injury
Treatment for your brain injury can include surgery, counseling, medication, and rehabilitation. Rehabilitation can involve physical, occupational, speech, and other forms of therapy.
The compensation we recover for you will include all of these costs. It will also include required health care until you obtain maximum medical improvement. Additional compensation can include:
- Current and future income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Property damage or total destruction
We carefully assess your injuries and the expenses and losses that stem from them. Your recoverable damages are unique to you, and we make sure your compensation request is accurate prior to the start of settlement talks.
The Timing of Your Decatur Brain Injury Case Is Important
When you are ready to seek compensation from the person or entity who caused your brain injury, you have a limited time to do so. In Georgia, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
Failure to comply with the statute of limitations could mean:
- You will not be able to file your lawsuit in court at all
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard
Either of these outcomes will prevent you from pursuing the at-fault party and the financial burden of the accident and your injuries will fall to you. When we represent you — and with sufficient notice from you — we ensure timely filing and protect your right to compel compensation.
Decatur Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Brain Injury Lawyer Will Build a Strong Case for Financial Recovery
Recovering from a brain injury is a long and challenging process. So that you can concentrate on your recovery or one helping a loved one through theirs, we take care of every detail of your compensation case.
On your behalf, our client-oriented team will:
- Obtain copies of relevant accident and incident reports
- Identify and interview lay, medical, and other expert witnesses
- Complete and submit all case-related forms and documentation
- Review your medical records including your anticipated prognosis
- Handle communication with the at-fault party and their representatives
- Ensure your case receives a comprehensive and accurate monetary value
At Kaine Law, our brain injury lawyer serving clients in Decatur will also obtain medical records from specialized treatment facilities including Emory HealthCare which offers acute care to brain injury sufferers.
See What Our Previous Clients Say About Our Law Firm
We love hearing from satisfied clients we represented in the past. When they leave online reviews of our law firm, they say the following:
- L.A.: Evan represented me for a medical claim producing wonderful results. The settlement was right on time, and he made sure I was fairly compensated. Excellent work.
- J.L.: When I got hurt, I didn’t know what to do…I contacted Evan and I’m glad that I did. He came to visit me in the hospital and gave me the comfort and confidence that I wanted in my attorney. He’s a fighter.
- D.G.: My first lawyer…said that my case had $0.00 value…Mr. Kaine helped me when I was down. He fought for me when no one else would. We need more lawyers like Evan Kaine.
We never stop fighting for our clients and the compensation they need to start putting their lives back together after a life-changing injury.
Click to contact our Brain Injury lawyers today
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
Were you or someone you love injured in a negligence-based accident in Decatur? At Kaine Law, our brain injury lawyer will help you pursue the at-fault party for financial compensation.
Put our decades of experience to work for you by contacting our consultation team for a free review of your case today.