Whether you were taking a Lyft home from the bar, traveling to work, or driving a Lyft to make extra money, being involved in a crash was likely the last thing you expected.
Lyft accidents can lead to serious injuries that incur substantial financial harm. Our East Point Lyft accident lawyers can help you file an injury claim and seek financial restitution. You may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment, property damage, and more.
Why Contact an East Point Lyft Accident Lawyer After a Crash?
Georgia law allows car accident victims to seek monetary damages if another party’s actions caused the crash. Lyft accident victims entitled to compensation may be Lyft passengers, Lyft drivers, or drivers of other vehicles. Unfortunately, recovering full compensation is often an uphill battle. Our team offers legal representation to Lyft crash victims, helping them seek compensation for all their financial and non-financial damages.
An East Point Lyft accident lawyer can protect your legal rights during the personal injury claim process. Our team is experienced in handling Lyft cases, so we know how to manage the unique complexities of your rideshare accident case.
We Take Lyft Injury Cases on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Understandably, many accident victims worry about the cost of hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent them. You do not have to worry about costly upfront legal fees at Kaine Law. Your initial consultation is completely free. Furthermore, we do not charge a legal fee unless our team successfully recovers a monetary settlement or award on your behalf. We do not get paid until you do.
Our Team is Experienced in Settlement Negotiation and Will Fight for You
Most Lyft accident injury cases are resolved through a negotiated settlement. This is when the parties involved reach an agreement outside of court on how much compensation should be paid to the victim. We will use our knowledge and experience to fight for a settlement that covers all of your past and future accident-related damages. We can also review any settlement offer you receive and provide guidance as to whether it’s in your best interest to accept or reject the offer.
You may be able to get financial compensation for damages, including:
- The damage to your vehicle or any personal property involved in the crash
- Any medical expenses you incurred due to emergency medical care after the crash or ongoing medical needs related to the impact, such as rehabilitative therapy or pain medication
- Lost wages due to being unable to work while you recovered from your injuries
- The costs associated with any necessary adaptations or modifications that had to be made due to disabilities caused by the accident
- Any reduction in your earning capacity or ability to work
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Scarring and bodily disfigurement caused by your injuries
- Other financial losses you experienced as a result of the crash
Communication Is One of Our Top Priorities
When you work with a Lyft crash lawyer from our firm, you do not have to worry about being left in the dark regarding your claim. We will keep you informed regarding any updates or settlement offers so you know what is going on.
We Build the Strongest Case Possible Using the Available Evidence
The most effective personal injury claims are those backed by convincing evidence. Our East Point Lyft accident lawyers can gather evidence demonstrating the other party’s negligence and the damages you suffered.
We can investigate the crash scene, review police reports and medical records, obtain any traffic camera footage or other video footage of the crash, interview witnesses, and collect any other evidence that strengthens your claim. If needed, we will consult with accident reconstructionists, medical experts, or other professionals to build a robust claim.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving East Point, call 404-214-2001
Our East Point Lyft Accident Lawyers Know How to Handle Insurance Companies
Auto insurance coverage can be tricky when it comes to Lyft accidents:
- If a Lyft driver is not transporting passengers or waiting for a ride request, the driver’s own insurance company covers any damages caused by the Lyft driver.
- If the Lyft driver has the Lyft app turned on and is waiting for passengers at the time of the crash, Lyft’s third-party liability insurance applies – but only if the driver’s personal auto insurance does not apply.
- Lyft’s liability insurance also covers accident victims if a driver causes a crash while passengers are riding in the Lyft vehicle.
- If the driver of another vehicle causes an accident involving a Lyft, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is typically on the hook for paying damages.
Determining which insurance company is responsible for an accident is often complicated, and most insurance companies try to evade culpability. An East Point Lyft accident lawyer can handle communications with the insurance companies for you so you can focus on healing.
Lawsuits Must Be Filed Before the Statute of Limitations Expires
Each state has its own rules regarding how and when a lawsuit may be filed against a negligent party. For Georgia personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is two years, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. This means you must file your case within two years of the accident, or else you will be barred from filing a lawsuit and recovering compensation for your damages.
It’s important to act quickly after being involved in a Lyft crash. The process of gathering evidence, calculating damages, negotiating a settlement, and filing a lawsuit can take time. An East Point Lyft accident lawyer from our firm can help make sure your case is prepared correctly and filed on time.
East Point Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Call Our East Point Lyft Accident Lawyers for Help Today
A personal injury claim may allow for the recovery of medical bills, pain and suffering, lost earnings, and more. If you or someone close to you was involved in a Lyft crash, contact Kaine Law for help taking legal action.
An East Point Lyft accident attorney from our law firm can handle your case for you, including gathering evidence, negotiating with the insurance companies, and fighting for a settlement or award that covers your losses. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you seek financial restitution in Fulton County.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form