An East Point MARTA Accident Lawyer could help you seek compensation from the accountable party if you got injured in an accident that was not your fault. People can get hurt in MARTA stations, on the platforms, and when boarding and exiting the trains and buses, as well as when inside the vehicles.
You do not have to fight this battle by yourself. When you work with an East Point personal injury lawyer, you can get the rest you need to recuperate while we handle your injury claim.
How an East Point MARTA Accident Attorney Can Benefit Your Case
After suffering a severe injury in an East Point MARTA accident, you should not have to fight the defendant’s insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. Here is a brief overview of a few of the many services our lawyers provide for our MARTA accident injury clients:
- We deliver responsive legal care. We will listen to you, answer your questions, return your phone calls, and respond to your emails.
- We will ensure you understand the status of your East Point MARTA accident injury claim or lawsuit by updating you on developments and explaining the process.
- We will thoroughly investigate the MARTA accident to establish what caused the accident and who was at fault.
- We will collect evidence like medical records and employment records to prove what treatments you had, how much they cost, and how much you lost in wages while recuperating.
- We will communicate with the insurance company and provide the information the claims adjusters need to process your claim. This means you do not have to deal directly with the insurer.
- We will negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company on your behalf and try to settle your MARTA accident claim for a reasonable amount.
- We can file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your losses if doing so is appropriate.
- We will continue negotiating with the insurer to try to resolve the case amicably. Most cases settle out of court, even after we file a lawsuit.
These are just a few examples of the many services our East Point MARTA accident attorneys provide for our clients so that they can focus on their health and wellness.
For a free legal consultation with a marta accident lawyer serving East Point, call 404-214-2001
Monetary Damages in East Point MARTA Accident Claims
The compensation you could pursue for your MARTA accident injury claim will depend on the specific facts of your case. Every MARTA accident claim is different. Another person injured in the same accident could likely pursue a different amount of monetary damages than you.
Some of the common types of compensation people seek after getting injured in a MARTA accident include:
- Lost wages if they did not receive their usual income when convalescing from their injuries. This category could include salary, wages, or self-employment income.
- Future lost wages if a long-term disability prevents them from earning as much money as they did before the accident.
- Medical expenses to treat their wounds. These costs could include the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, x-rays, prescription drugs, and other items or services related to their injuries.
- Future medical expenses if the victim’s severe wounds will need additional medical procedures. You cannot go back and ask for more money from the defendant after your case settles or you get a jury award, so we must include all anticipated costs in the original personal injury case.
- Pain and suffering damages. The payment of medical bills alone does not adequately compensate a person for the unpleasant experience of a MARTA accident and their injuries. The physical discomfort, emotional stress, and inconvenience of getting injured in a MARTA accident may be compensable.
- Other intangible losses. Many people develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after a frightening accident involving a bus or train. This medical condition can be debilitating. Also, if a person is left with scars, disfigurement, or a disability from the accident, they can seek compensation for those losses.
If your close relative died because of injuries from a MARTA accident, we can help you seek additional compensation for your family via a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
East Point MARTA Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Georgia’s Statute of Limitations for East Point MARTA Accident Cases
Georgia places a time limit on filing lawsuits. These time limits, called statutes of limitations, are surprisingly short in some cases. For example, under O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, you must file a lawsuit within two years or lose all right to compensation.
If your claim is against the city of East Point, O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5 gives you only six months to take legal action on your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Click to contact our MARTA Accidents lawyers today
Our Lawyers Charge No Upfront Legal Fees in East Point MARTA Accident Claims
You will not have to pay us any upfront legal fees to help with your MARTA accident claim. Instead, our legal fees will come as a percentage of your settlement or court award. This is called a contingency fee, and it allows people to seek monetary damages for their losses, even if they don’t have enough money to foot the bills.
Our no-fee guarantee means you do not owe us any money for legal fees unless you win compensation. Also, your first consultation is always free.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Kaine Law Is Right for Your East Point MARTA Accident Injury Case
At Kaine Law, we fight for victims and their families, which is why our law firm focuses on personal injury cases. You will get the benefit of our reputation and results.
When you work with our lawyers on your East Point MARTA accident case, you will discover how much we care about our clients. We know you are suffering both physically and financially. We pledge to treat you with the compassion and respect you deserve.
How to Get Help With Your Case from an East Point MARTA Accident Lawyer
To start working with an East Point MARTA accident attorney at Kaine Law, reach out to us today for a free consultation. There is no obligation.