A slip and fall accident can lead to losses ranging from medical expenses and lost income to pain and suffering. An East Point slip and fall injury lawyer from Kaine Law will seek coverage for all your fall-related damages.
You should focus on your recovery. Meanwhile, our team will lead your legal case, allowing you to get the treatment you need.
Property Owners May Be Liable for Slip and Fall Accidents
Per O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1, property owners are “liable in damages to such persons for injuries caused by his failure to exercise ordinary care in keeping the premises and approaches safe.” In simpler terms, a property owner may be liable for your slip and fall accident in East Point.
Property owners, and those they assign to oversee their premises, must:
- Be aware of products that could become a slipping hazard if handled improperly
- Be mindful of weather-related hazards like puddles and slick surfaces
- Take steps to monitor their property, whether through in-person checks, video surveillance, or other measures
- Keep walkways free of clutter that could cause someone to slip
- Remove slipping hazards when they become aware of them
If a property owner doesn’t take reasonable steps to protect visitors, they might be liable for any resulting harm.
Our Team Will Review Your Accident and Determine Liability
As your attorneys, the Kaine Law team will review all relevant witness accounts, evidence, and details. Once we have all the necessary information, we’ll identify all parties responsible for your losses.
While a property owner is an obvious candidate for liability, we analyze each case carefully. First, we’ll use any legal standards that apply to your case. Then, once we identify who contributed to your losses or has liability for your damages, we’ll include them in your claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving East Point, call 404-214-2001
Kaine Law Will Lead Every Step of Your Slip and Fall Case
The Kaine Law team has the resources to handle every step of your case in East Point. We can assist you in these ways.
Gathering Evidence Related to Your Fall
Our attorneys and investigators want as much evidence as possible when negotiating a settlement. So, we’re thorough during the investigation period, looking for evidence like:
- Video footage of the slip and fall accident
- Witness accounts of dangerous conditions that caused you to slip and fall
- Records that show previous slip and fall accidents on the property
- Photographs of premises in disrepair
Such evidence may help prove the defendants’ negligence in your case and establish their liability for your losses.
Creating a Record of Your Damages
We will keep track of every loss you experience because of your slip and fall accident. In addition, we will obtain documentation to help prove those damages, including:
- Your doctor’s diagnosis of your injuries
- Medical images and test results
- Proof that you’ve missed work and lost income
- Evaluations from mental health professionals
- Testimony from loved ones who’ve seen the effects of your injuries first-hand
We will also determine the monetary value of your losses. Having handled many slip and fall accident cases, our team can complete the complicated process of calculating your damages. We know how to arrive at an accurate settlement figure, allowing us to start negotiations on the right note.
Developing a Case Strategy
Fall victims may have multiple options for pursuing compensation. We will consider all possibilities, then advise you on which option we believe is most appropriate. If you have any questions about our strategy for your case, an East Point slip and fall injury lawyer from our team can explain our thought process.
Negotiating a Settlement
The majority of civil cases settle rather than going to trial. A settlement may result in fair compensation without the time or expense that a trial requires. We will engage with attorneys for defendants in your case, seeking the recovery you deserve. However, we also prepare to go to trial if necessary.
We defend every client as if their case depends on it—often, it does.
East Point Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Recoverable Damages for Slip and Fall Victims in East Point
A fall can cause several types of harm, including:
- Financial losses
- Psychological and emotional trauma
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of your job
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains how falls (especially for older adults) can lead to costly injuries. We want to recover all the coverage you need for your fall-related damages. Therefore, as we put your claim together, our attorneys will consider damages like:
- Healthcare expenses: We will seek coverage of every medical cost you face, including diagnostic testing, physician’s appointments, hospitalization, medical equipment, and any other care you need.
- Lost income: Income you lose while recovering may entitle you to compensation. Lost bonuses and retirement benefits may also be recoverable losses.
- Pain and suffering: Any physical pain, emotional anguish, lost sleep, and other types of suffering could be part of your lawsuit.
- Lost earning power: If you recover and return to work but cannot earn the same amount as previously, you may recover the amount of your lost earning capacity.
Kaine Law considers clients’ future losses when leading slip and fall injury cases. If you’re likely to need ongoing medical care or suffer other future losses, we’ll include those losses in your case.
Click to contact our Slip and Fall Injury lawyers today
Kaine Law’s Reputation Among Clients Speaks for Itself
Any fall victim deserves to know how their lawyer will treat them. Our client testimonials provide a clear expectation for you:
- “Evan represented me for a medical claim producing wonderful results. The settlement was right on time, and he made sure I was fairly compensated. Excellent work.” – L.A., former client
- “To everyone LIKE ME who has had to deal with attorneys AND has that bad taste in their mouth because they have been taken advantage of because their lawyers are more interested in making money and not caring about YOU, well please allow me to introduce you to Evan Kaine. I was in a very tight position and Evan could not have been more professional, courteous or kind and, again, HONEST!” – R.K., former client
Our team will make your case its priority.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Kaine Law Today to Start Your Case
An East Point slip and fall injury lawyer from Kaine Law is ready to start your case today. Don’t wait to call, as we may face a deadline for filing your claim. Schedule your free consultation now.