No one ever expects a vehicle to strike them suddenly while out walking. Unfortunately, accidents like this often produce severe injuries that have a lasting impact on victims’ lives. If this sounds like what you have been through, you are not alone.
An East Point pedestrian accident lawyer at Kaine Law can help recover damages for your pain and suffering. You can learn more about your next steps during a free consultation with our team. We can start on your case without you paying us a retainer or other upfront fees. We are a contingency law firm, which means we don’t get paid unless we recover compensation for you.
East Point Pedestrian Accident Cases Have a Deadline
You have a limited time to take legal action after a pedestrian accident. Georgia’s statute of limitations generally gives injured parties two years from the accident date to sue for damages, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Our legal team will review the facts and circumstances of your accident and let you know if different timelines and deadlines apply to your case. We encourage you to start as early as possible so that you protect your right to sue. Once the deadline expires, you risk losing the opportunity to seek financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving East Point, call 404-214-2001
What Damages Can You Recover After an East Point Pedestrian Accident?
You have the right to be made whole when someone else is responsible for causing your pedestrian accident injuries. A lawyer with our team can review your accident and let you know what economic and non-economic damages are worth.
Economic damages are financial. Some of the more commonly awarded types of economic damages in East Point pedestrian accident claims include:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription medication costs
- Rehabilitative therapy fees
- Medical equipment costs
- Ongoing treatment costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of or reduced future potential earnings
- Property damage
You also have a right to be awarded compensation for non-economic damages. Although non-economic damages do not have a financial value, your lawyer can assign them one after reviewing how the accident and injuries have affected your life. Some commonly awarded non-economic damages in pedestrian accident claims include:
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of household services
- Reputational damages
- Scarring and disfigurement
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one died in a pedestrian accident in East Point, we are sorry for your loss. We would be honored to help you take legal action on behalf of your loved one and hold the liable party accountable for your loved one’s death.
Your family may be able to sue the liable party for wrongful death. If you recover damages under this action, you could receive a settlement or court-ordered verdict that allows you to pay your loved one’s final medical bills and funeral and burial costs. You could also recover the loss of income and potential future earnings that the decedent would have earned and contributed to the household.
State laws designate which family members can pursue a wrongful death action. We will explain the legal process during your free case evaluation. There is generally a two-year deadline for filing wrongful death actions in Georgia under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
East Point Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in East Point Can Help Your Case
Once we take your case, we put our legal knowledge and experience to work and handle everything for you. We will:
- Meet with you to get your account of what happened
- Investigate your accident thoroughly
- Collect evidence that establishes your case (e.g., police reports, medical reports, photos, video footage, witness statements)
- Speak with professionals who can document your injuries
- Identify all liable parties and prove how negligence caused the accident
- Review all your damages and determine your case’s value
- Represent you in all meetings and communicate with all parties, including the insurance company
- Manage settlement talks with the liable party’s insurer
- File a lawsuit for you if we can’t recover a favorable settlement
- Seek compensation at trial
- Protect your legal rights and interests
- Answer your questions and explain all applicable laws and case developments
You won’t have to file any paperwork or think about legal deadlines. We will take care of that. We also promptly answer your questions and explain all laws and case developments so that you know what’s going on.
Click to contact our Pedestrian Accidents lawyers today
We Will Also Establish Negligence Caused the Accident
Our team will set out to prove that the liable party demonstrated the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The driver had an obligation to keep you safe while operating their vehicle.
- Breach of duty: The driver’s actions while behind the wheel put your safety at risk.
- Causation: The driver’s behavior directly caused your accident.
- Damages: You suffered compensatory damages because of this accident.
We will use the evidence we collect to show how each of these elements is present and build your case for compensation.
Other Potential Liable Parties
The driver who hit you is one likely liable party, but there could be others who contributed to your accident and owe you compensation. If the road’s condition contributed to the accident, we could hold the government entity responsible for its maintenance liable. If the driver’s vehicle malfunctioned in some way, making it impossible for the driver to avoid hitting you, we could hold various parties liable, such as:
- Auto part manufacturers
- Safety inspectors
- Auto dealerships
- Maintenance technicians
- Other third parties
A thorough investigation into the cause of your pedestrian accident in East Point will reveal which parties should be compelled to cover your costs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in East Point
If you have suffered critical injuries in a pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover the compensation. An East Point pedestrian accident lawyer at Kaine Law can represent you and help you navigate the legal process.
We offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to pedestrian accident victims in East Point and nearby cities. Call us at (404) 214-2001 to learn more about your legal options and next steps.