If you or your loved one suffered an injury and financial damages due to another party’s negligence, you can pursue your losses with a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A personal injury lawyer does the work necessary to build a solid case demonstrating your right to compensation.
Personal Injury Lawyers Identify Financial Losses and Fight for Fair Recovery
When seeking compensation, you must understand your current damages and expected future expenses. Once you accept a settlement or the court renders a verdict, you cannot go back and seek additional awards if you find your medical treatment and other losses are more than you anticipated.
Personal injury lawyers use bills, receipts, and other documentation to identify and calculate out-of-pocket costs resulting from your injury. Our firm can also hire and consult with doctors, economists, and vocational experts to learn more about how your injury affects you physically and financially, now and long term.
We will then use our multiple decades of experience to aggressively negotiate on your behalf. We know the strategies insurers use to keep settlements low, and we will fight if they play hardball or engage in bad-faith tactics. While every case is different, in general, personal injury damages may include:
- Medical bills, including ambulance transportation, emergency treatment, hospital and doctors’ fees, surgeries, physical therapy, medications, mobility aids, and life care expenses
- Pain and suffering, including severe and chronic pain, mental and emotional distress, disabling injuries, scarring, disfigurement, inconvenience, and reduced quality of life
- Lost income, including wages, benefits, and loss of future earning potential
- Property damages, including damaged vehicles, cell phones, electronics, jewelry, and other personal items
Wrongful death falls under the umbrella of personal injury. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury due to negligence, you may have grounds for a wrongful death case. In Georgia, qualifying survivors can pursue many of the above damages on behalf of their deceased family member. Survivors may also receive awards for the loss of their loved one’s companionship and guidance.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Personal Injury Attorneys Establish Fault
According to the American Bar Association (ABA), all personal injury cases rest on two basic issues, liability, and damages. Therefore, proving you sustained financial losses is only part of an attorney’s job. To secure compensation, you must also demonstrate that another party is responsible for your accident and injuries. We can do this using the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Establishing the above requires collecting evidence, obtaining testimony, and applying it under the law, which is what a personal injury attorney does. Depending on the type of accident that caused your injury, evidence may include:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Employment records/workplace incident reports
- Eyewitness and expert testimony
- Photographs and videos
- Scientific and medical research
- Financial and insurance documents
Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Red Tape
Pursuing a claim or lawsuit involves completing paperwork, managing deadlines, haggling with insurance agents, and spending hours tracking down documents and evidence. All of this can be daunting, especially if you are recovering from an injury. Another thing a personal injury lawyer does is remove this stress from your plate. We can:
- Draft and file paperwork
- Handle phone calls and emails with insurance agents and opposing counsel
- Represent you during meetings and attend meetings or court appearances for you when possible
- Tirelessly negotiate for the most advantageous possible case outcome
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Do Personal Injury Attorneys Charge?
Many personal injury attorneys, including those at our firm, work on contingency. Contingency means that our fees come from your successful settlement or verdict, and if we do not obtain compensation, you owe us nothing.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Many kinds of accidents and injuries fall under the scope of personal injury law. We help clients who have suffered due to:
- Car, truck, and bus accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Dog bites
- Negligent property conditions (premises liability)
- Golf cart and ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train crashes
- Defective and dangerous products (product liability)
- Workplace accidents (workers’ compensation)
Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
You have a limited time to pursue a personal injury case. O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 allows up to two years from your accident or your loved one’s death to file a lawsuit. Waiting too long could leave you without options for recovering compensation. A lawyer with our firm can help you get started before time runs out.
Contact Kaine Law Today
A personal injury attorney with our firm can identify liable parties, prove your injury resulted from negligence, and show that you suffered financial losses. We do this to secure the maximum possible settlement or verdict for you or your family member.
To learn more about what our personal injury lawyers do for clients, contact us today for a free consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to connect you with an attorney near you.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form